Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mission recap UI. And yet more mouse overs!? Just why? The whip is a bit of a mess IMO.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

9 hours ago, Miser_able said:

What is still a mouse over? Did you read the update pablo added just after that? 

Yeah, I felt like it was vague and gave me a headache trying to understand what he's trying to say. I think either way we are still getting mouse overs, and a horizontal endscreen with a god awful scroll bar. Just looks like a cluttered mess. IMO

Edited by (XB1)MandlorPrime
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

Yeah, I felt like it was vague and gave me a headache trying to understand what he's saying. I think either way we are still getting mouse overs, and a horizontal endscreen with a god awful scroll bar. Just looks like a cluttered mess. IMO

You still didn't answer what you meant by mouse overs... What are you having to mouse over? 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

The only reason behind this new UI is to show your fashionframe to everybody every time to push those caring about it to use more platinum to buy even more skins. 

It's just here to push attention whorism and make money on anxiety to look good and unique.

lol, that's some paranoid thinking right there, tinfoil hat anyone?

• Like 6

il y a une heure, W4RM3CH4N1C a dit :

Do we have a person who thinks that viral marketing isn't a thing and the will to show off isn't a huge part in brand communication here ? Do you think that Nike put their logo on their shirts for you to be stylish and not for you to do the salesman for them?

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

I mean, it's probably not inaccurate, but also far more benign than most instances.

I mean, it's not like EA's (I believe it was EA) plan which patented some tech a while back that would matchmake players in PvP with a massive gear disparity, specifically matching newbies against people with weapons that would match their playstyle and would be desirable to them and conveniently purchasable in the in-game market, specifically to get them to think 'WOW those weapons are cool and really strong, I guess I should buy them and get on the same playing field'. And have this pounded into them over and over because they'd be in a PvP match against them, and most likely wind up getting dominated by that person.

Basically the same idea, but instead of mostly-harmless cosmetics, for gameplay advantages to push pay-2-win. By comparison, showing off people's fashion frame at the end of the mission is pretty small potatoes.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, opolong said:

I like it. Pretty always wins me over.

sure, pretty is nice, but Function over form is a better way to go with stuff like this. you wouldn't want a Primed gun that's pretty to look at but jams like the Shedu, but you can always use an uglier gun that actually fires every time you pull the trigger. you perfect the function first, then focus on making it look pretty.

I think as with anything though, we'd have to spend some time with this new screen before comparing the pros and cons to the current UI. bearing in mind that some players care more about showcasing stats ( "look at muh DMG %") than others, and that will sway opinion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

Unfortunately there have literally been game design seminars on how this is exactly what you should be doing to correctly monetise your game, and push players to feel left out and spend money to fit in. If you're not aware of this it may seem incredulous at first, but you may be shocked to realise just how far sections of gaming are willing to go to grab that extra cash.

Search "Let's go whaling" and be informed. I'd recommend Jim Sterling's take as well.

Those are specifically targetting mobile, but also free to play, so not a stretch to imagine the same considerations would be made for FTP games on PC and console.

That said, I don't mind and may actually like seeing fashion frame at the end of the mission. That still doesn't mean it wouldn't effectively be a marketing technique.

Edited by CoreWolf
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, Miser_able said:

You still didn't answer what you meant by mouse overs... What are you having to mouse over? 

Well stats for one. Also, if the items are gonna be named (I would hope) will we have to hover our cursor over the rewards to find out how many we got? 

Also what's with the friends hugged bullS#&$? 

49 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

Well stats for one. Also, if the items are gonna be named (I would hope) will we have to hover our cursor over the rewards to find out how many we got? 

Also what's with the friends hugged bullS#&$? 

The items will have names and number values. You won't have to hover over them. 

As for damage done and stuff, if that's a separate tab it basically just switched places with the syndicate progress tab. 

And what's wrong with friends hugged? 

22 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

And what's wrong with friends hugged? 

Why are we hugging each other? Dev time was spent on the animation and UI, yet those that finished Umbra still have the holo lotus and there are animations that are still broken and have been broken for years. Unless this is just Pablo trolling attempt?!. If not It's stupid and complete nonsense.

22 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

The items will have names and number values. You won't have to hover over them. 

Oh I certainly hope it will be that way. And there is no hovering to display those names and numbers. Because literally every piece of info you would want requires a hover or a click or even multiple clicks for the simplest things. 

54 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

Why are we hugging each other? Dev time was spent on the animation and UI, yet those that finished Umbra still have the holo lotus and there are animations that are still broken and have been broken for years. Unless this is just Pablo trolling attempt?!. If not It's stupid and complete nonsense.

People have been asking for a hugging emote ever since the handshake one came out. If you don't want it, don't use it. 

From the looks of it and what Pablo mentioned about it I only see the entire thing as an improvement, imo.

I rarely ever have a reason to look through mission rewards unless I'm farming for a specific resource, in which case even if it isn't shown within the first ten drops listed you'd still need to scroll down as you do with the current system.

However much some people might not care about your frame's appearance a lot of other people do. And given the average pace of the game rarely is there even a chance to see what other people even look like outside of extraction and elevators, so showing the players frames is a great change.

Then the stats are almost entirely pointless but given how often people try to be elitist in this game having the stats shoved off to their own screen is honestly a welcome change.