Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus, is this even my final form? (build)

PenderTheTyrant

Question

Any way i can make this even better?

Someone once told me that power on nidus is not really necessary. I don't disagree with that but... I mean what else would i need? I am near invincible IF ONLY PEOPLE LET ME STACK MY PASSIVE. Duration is absolutely useless unless going for a support oriented build (for ability 3 and 4). I basically only use 3 in emergencies or when i need to res a teammate safely. Maybe i could make it so i have 100% duration but i don't think the loss of other stats is worth it. Teeming Virulence would be cool since all my melee weapons have crit builds but same as i just said, removing one mod from this build kinda breaks the whole thing.

I CBA to farm for a umbra forma, i wish one day they'll be available some other way, so i can put a exilus mod (the one with 15% power of course).

52Qgme0.jpg

8 answers to this question

Just now, DissentWomble said:

You can tank efficiency if you want if you can consistently larva and his stomp skill. You get energy from it as long as you can mantain atleast 2 or 3 enemies per stomp.

What do you mean by tank? Max it? Surely not... 1 efficiency mod is probably more than needed, i just have it because on many occasions my teammates kill everything and i miss my 1s so i'm left with no energy.

I've gotten away with negative efficiency. But it's a bit more challenging when playing public lobbies.

You already have hunter adrenaline, so keeping that energy filled up shouldn't be an issue. I run around with 50% efficiency. As long as I hit 3 enemies, I generate more energy than I use. 

You could, possibly replace fleeting expertise with one of his augments, like the one for his 1, then take him out eidolon hunting, and laugh at the non believers of the way of all flesh. Or replace it with augur duration, or even the gladiator health mod, get some more crit chance out of your melee. 

Negative duration can be a problem at higher levels as the parasitic link does provide just as much damage reduction as adaptation. And they stack. 

Unless you come across some helpful players.  I got randomly paired up with a Nidus, as Vauban. We were like Alad V and Zanuka. I'd even place waypoints on the offerings I made for the beast. 

I definitely suggest trying to get a Mag, or Vauban to give you that enemy gathering ability. 

Don't let yourself get grabbed by your kuva lich, even though it only brings you down to half health, it'll consume stacks as if you had died. 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing

1 hour ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Negative duration can be a problem at higher levels

But it can be re-casted almost constantly. Also lower duration allows me to cast 2 more often while with more duration it gets frustrating that i have to wait for it to wear out.

It might be down to play style but i don't feel comfortable with less than 120% efficiency. I could remove the Fleeting Expertise for a normal efficiency mod but i don't think it would be efficient.