Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excuse my French but...

(XBOX)Huggs93

I not get this obsession of them wanting all in samll tiny windows to hover over.

Are we playing on smartphones? Seriously, this is worse then the forced Windows 8/10 App overlay.

We have big screens, on consoles whole TV's, why do we need to hide everything?

It is not smart to hide everything DE, show what is necessarry, and additional l let things show like the Info you can Tab trough.

• Like 3

I like the idea. It looks sleek, modern, implements the new UI colors and I love it that you can see other peoples frames. I am not sure how I am supposed to feel about having less info about how others were doing in the mission. On the one hand this makes it harder to detect who is leeching /afking, on the other hand maybe that is just the idea behind that. I saw the "View Stats" button but I have zero clue as to what it does and speculating isn't my thing.

The part where you see their frames, however, should be much smaller. 
The standing UI ignores the fact you can get negative standing too. Would you have to scroll for that? Is a syndicate rework incoming? And do they take up quarter of the screen each tile? That is really unnecessary. 
The loot section is hideous. I'm sorry. That is terrible.

My suggestions in bullet points (because people love to read lists)

• Make Tenno-display smaller, particularly in height. 
  • Sort standing and affinity gains seperately in smaller lists. 
  • Give seperate scrollable columns for ressources and other. Since you get endo and credits in almost every mission you might aswell list them as a currency because basically thats what they are. Currency.
  • List the name and quantity under every tile for every item.
  • (Personal opinion) Maybe give us an option to toggle to show the operator instead of the Warframe? The operators get waaay too little spotlight.

Or for those of you who prefer pictures over letters, consider this expertly drawn graph;
58u5kfi.png

27 minutes ago, Vespilan said:

- snip -

I like that suggestion as well. I love the Tenno display and don't particularly need all statistical info prioritized. In light of what @[DE]Pablo stated in regards to UX approaches in his dev workshop, which totally makes sense, I think this should at least be taken into account while it's still WIP.

Love the new mission reward screen, and specially the Tenno Display, but I don't think it really needs the whole upper section. Even if it's not exactly as @Vespilan's suggestion I do believe it should at least be partially implemented in the new reward screen when it comes out.

While I'm at it let me just say I wish this new reward screen was here by *yesterday*. It's so pretty!!! *.*

12 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I like that suggestion as well. I love the Tenno display and don't particularly need all statistical info prioritized. In light of what @[DE]Pablo stated in regards to UX approaches in his dev workshop, which totally makes sense, I think this should at least be taken into account while it's still WIP.

Love the new mission reward screen, and specially the Tenno Display, but I don't think it really needs the whole upper section. Even if it's not exactly as @Vespilan's suggestion I do believe it should at least be partially implemented in the new reward screen when it comes out.

While I'm at it let me just say I wish this new reward screen was here by *yesterday*. It's so pretty!!! *.*

If only there was a dislike reaction... you want to get rid of one of the only places where good UI exists? Lol XD ok

Edited by (XB1)Huggs93

12 hours ago, Vespilan said:

I like the idea. It looks sleek, modern, implements the new UI colors and I love it that you can see other peoples frames. I am not sure how I am supposed to feel about having less info about how others were doing in the mission. On the one hand this makes it harder to detect who is leeching /afking, on the other hand maybe that is just the idea behind that. I saw the "View Stats" button but I have zero clue as to what it does and speculating isn't my thing.

The part where you see their frames, however, should be much smaller. 
The standing UI ignores the fact you can get negative standing too. Would you have to scroll for that? Is a syndicate rework incoming? And do they take up quarter of the screen each tile? That is really unnecessary. 
The loot section is hideous. I'm sorry. That is terrible.

My suggestions in bullet points (because people love to read lists)

• Make Tenno-display smaller, particularly in height. 
  • Sort standing and affinity gains seperately in smaller lists. 
  • Give seperate scrollable columns for ressources and other. Since you get endo and credits in almost every mission you might aswell list them as a currency because basically thats what they are. Currency.
  • List the name and quantity under every tile for every item.
  • (Personal opinion) Maybe give us an option to toggle to show the operator instead of the Warframe? The operators get waaay too little spotlight.

Or for those of you who prefer pictures over letters, consider this expertly drawn graph;
58u5kfi.png

Just... no...

1 hour ago, Vespilan said:

Wow, thanks for the constructive feedback.

Ok you want constructive? The thing we have now is a stats screen all visuals that show our frames which at that point don’t matter since it after the mission should probably be discarded, show me the stuff I want to see. I don’t care for some dumb ass visual that takes up 50 to 60 percent of the screen when what we have now does it’s job well without having to literally hover over absolutely everything. What we have now is fine and should be left along when there are issues that have plagued the game for years

affinity towards the bottom? You crazy? I’m sorry but I took psychology and most of us want the more important info at the top like Affinity. Currency like everything else is a resource hence why it isn’t tradable. And I haven’t kept track of standing unless I was curious and went over to the secondary screen and then immediately flipped back to stuff that isn’t in the background.

you can make a UI as pretty as you want and upgrade it as long as it’s not a direct downgrade to what we already have. See the thing is UI stands for User Interface. The USER needs to have a INTERACTIVE experience with the UI while keeping functional otherwise the UI will stand for Useless Interface nadidrather have a Useful Interface.

So yeah..

just... no...

Edited by (XB1)Huggs93

2 hours ago, (XB1)Huggs93 said:

Ok you want constructive? The thing we have now is a stats screen all visuals that show our frames which at that point don’t matter since it after the mission should probably be discarded, show me the stuff I want to see. I don’t care for some dumb ass visual that takes up 50 to 60 percent of the screen when what we have now does it’s job well without having to literally hover over absolutely everything. What we have now is fine and should be left along when there are issues that have plagued the game for years

This entire bit seems like it is directed at the Warframe devs, not me. I do not approve of the concept either. The left "concept" part in my diagram is supposed to show the current concept as seen in OPs post, not my vision. My vision is the right one where I have, for example, significantly downscaled the Tenno Display. This entire redesign was not my idea, I am just, like many others, trying to improve it.
Else it looks like alot of contradictions... you want it not to have mouse-hovers yet want it to be interactive (did you mean "informative" perhaps?). You want it to display more information yet want syndicate stats removed from it. You may not find them interesting but others may do, especially when it comes to stuff like Plague Star, Cetus, Fortuna etc. which all would also be displayed in that bit since they are syndicates.

Personally, I really don't mind that alot of useless information is gone now. I don't need to know how many times my teammates revived someone, got downed, how many melee kills or headshots they got or how accurate they were with their weapons. Out of the current lower right "Stats" module on the current end screen maybe only a total of two or three categories are interesting. 

Also, slightly off-topic, having taken a psychology class in high school does not qualify anyone to be some sort of gaming-psychology expert and that was a really weird and unnecessary flex.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)Huggs93 said:

affinity towards the bottom? You crazy? I’m sorry but I took psychology and most of us want the more important info at the top like Affinity. Currency like everything else is a resource hence why it isn’t tradable. And I haven’t kept track of standing unless I was curious and went over to the secondary screen and then immediately flipped back to stuff that isn’t in the background.

you can make a UI as pretty as you want and upgrade it as long as it’s not a direct downgrade to what we already have. See the thing is UI stands for User Interface. The USER needs to have a INTERACTIVE experience with the UI while keeping functional otherwise the UI will stand for Useless Interface nadidrather have a Useful Interface.

So yeah..

just... no...

What you just said was an opinion, not different at all from what I said. With that out of the way, and to prove not everyone likes or prioritizes the same things, I couldn't care less for the stats except to check if someone AFK'd - and even then I must be on a picky mood to actually care.

The suggestion, either by Pablo or Vespilan, still show stats while adding some nice appearance to the screen. The order of display can always be changed. Which I very much like. Maybe not your cup of tea, sure, and there's no problem.

Now for the fact - The thing is that the screen showcased by Pablo will happen eventually, for those who like it and don't like it. Just as most changes that happened over the years in Warframe. And yes, things happened that I do not like to this day and I still had to swallow them.

Maybe it won't be the exact same thing as the example provided at this time. Hopefully not the exact same thing, because as I mentioned I like it in general and as a concept but it still has room to improve based on what it tries to achieve. 

Besides, as someone who shares a kinship for psychology, I do believe all beings aside from Vay Hek are able to disagree with someone while offering suggestions to make "it" better without overreacting as if the other person's suggestion was the holy gospel. In fact, if there's a passion I have in life, and I like Pablo for having it as well, is to blend usefulness with prettiness. In other words, make things as functional as possible and as beautiful as possible, by walking that extra perfectionist mile. I just love it, truth be told.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

What you just said was an opinion, not different at all from what I said. With that out of the way, and to prove not everyone likes or prioritizes the same things, I couldn't care less for the stats except to check if someone AFK'd - and even then I must be on a picky mood to actually care.

The suggestion, either by Pablo or Vespilan, still show stats while adding some nice appearance to the screen. The order of display can always be changed. Which I very much like. Maybe not your cup of tea, sure, and there's no problem.

Now for the fact - The thing is that the screen showcased by Pablo will happen eventually, for those who like it and don't like it. Just as most changes that happened over the years in Warframe. And yes, things happened that I do not like to this day and I still had to swallow them.

Maybe it won't be the exact same thing as the example provided at this time. Hopefully not the exact same thing, because as I mentioned I like it in general and as a concept but it still has room to improve based on what it tries to achieve. 

Besides, as someone who shares a kinship for psychology, I do believe all beings aside from Vay Hek are able to disagree with someone while offering suggestions to make "it" better without overreacting as if the other person's suggestion was the holy gospel. In fact, if there's a passion I have in life, and I like Pablo for having it as well, is to blend usefulness with prettiness. In other words, make things as functional as possible and as beautiful as possible, by walking that extra perfectionist mile. I just love it, truth be told.

Imnot saying it cant be improved everything can be improvedeven the improvement can be improved. its how wemove fowardas a society however it shouldnt be a downgrade. and this just seems like it was meant to "look pretty" cant tell what chassis that it in the screenshot that was teased. the point is that it needs to show information. this part of warframe is a stats screen not an art galla. its primary function is to tell you everything about the game you were just in.

also side note about the psychology thing. anything you design in a game needs to be able to be easily plugged into and we like things in order of importance its how we are built it wasnt a flex at all and it wasnt in highschool it was colledge oh how i wish i could have taken it in highschool though! lol

Edited by (XB1)Huggs93