Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe and Linux

nenoro

Hello guys and devs

i have some questions very simple, i played Warframe yesterday first time on linux (i'm not new to this "ninja speedrun game" / not my first time playing a game on linux) and i want to know:

Question A > Do devs won't ban me or any linux player because i/they play Warframe on Linux ?

Question B > Is the anti-cheat can panic like Fair-fight (Anti-cheat from EA for BF5) and ban me ?

Distro: Gentoo

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Edited by nenoro

You won't get banned for playing on Linux, it's just not supported.

Well, unless you run some other fishy programs -- same as on Windows, though.

There was another thread on GD some time ago where some guy talked about getting it to work fine. I could dig that up for you if you want?

My wife been playing Warframe solely on Ubuntu, and it works fine.

The only issue is something that Warframe does that is unecessary... I dunno why they do it: Warframe closes itself after exactly 5 minutes, if it doesn't detect controller driver. So I had to install xbox controller driver on my wife PC and need to remember to force it to run on background every time she will play Warframe. And whenever the OS kills it for whatever reason (For example running out of RAM and seeing the driver is not in actual use), Warframe starts misbehaving.