Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon and Caches are frustrating as hell

(PSN)TheRealRichboy

Question

So me a smart man wanted to get point blank for my Hek shotgun so i started doing bounties but soon i realised that getting it is a pain in the #*!%ING ass to find caches so i'm asking the community nicely can u help me with this problem and do u maybe know a way how to find them easier because this S#&$ is getting on my nerves very quick, all i wanted was a decent shotgun is that so much to ask?
Why are caches like this and why do i need to spend 6 #*!%ing minutes to only find 1 cache.

Thank you for reading about me ranting about caches.
Have a nice day and don't forget to help me with this situation.

Edited by (PS4)TheRealRichboy

12 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRealRichboy said:

So me a smart man wanted to get point blank for my Hek shotgun so i started doing bounties but soon i realised that getting it is a pain in the #*!%ING ass to find caches so i'm asking the community nicely can u help me with this problem and do u maybe know a way how to find them easier because this S#&$ is getting on my nerves very quick, all i wanted was a decent shotgun is that so much to ask?
Why are caches like this and why do i need to spend 6 #*!%ing minutes to only find 1 cache.

Thank you for reading about me ranting about caches.
Have a nice day and don't forget to help me with this situation.

a few suggestions

1) point blank is a fairly common mod, you probably can get it for like 1p or smth, so open a relic, get a prime, even if it is a "trash prime" you can sell that to get the mod you need.

2) caches make noises whenever you are nearby, if you hear something, try to look in the immediate area

3) in the case of plains, very very often there will be at least 1 cache inside the cave nearby, it is best if you check that area thoroughly

Equip [Thief's Wit] mod. This will highlight the caches in the minimap as a rectangle. You should have it by now (its a common mod drop.)

Start by searching the outskirts of the circle indicated in the minimap, and spiral your way in. Its useful as caches normally spawn near the circle's outskirts.

Caches also have a distinctive chime when you are near one. Increase your SFX and lower your BGM to hear it more clearly.

Once you find 2 caches, the circle in your minimap will start shrinking, narrowing down the location of the final cache.

Last time I checked, scanners such as Synthesis Scanner will highlight caches through walls. Though I need confirmation if it still does that.

Edited by Aadi880

2 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Equip [Thief's Wit] mod. This will highlight the caches in the minimap as a rectangle. You should have it by now (its a common mod drop.)

Start by searching the outskirts of the circle indicated in the minimap, and spiral your way in. Its useful as caches normally spawn near the circle's outskirts.

Caches also have a distinctive chime when you are near one. Increase your SFX and lower your BGM to hear it more clearly.

Once you find 2 caches, the circle in your minimap will start shrinking, narrowing down the location of the final cache.

Last time I checked, scanners such as Synthesis Scanner will highlight caches through walls. Though I need confirmation if it still does that.

Oh my #*!%ing god thank you
I forgot thief's wit exicited

Normally caches sit in a triangle pattern, not all the time though but a big percentage will, when you find one way point it, then go to the other side of circle, you will start to see a triangle pattern forming. After awhile you'll get to know the different pattern layouts.

Take note of the message on screen, some caches spawn underground in caves.

Also everything mentioned above in other posts.

I hop on my K-drive (if you have one) and go around the outside of the circle, spiraling in. K-drive is not necessary. Loot find mods like Thief's Wit, Animal Instinct, etc are very helpful. There are only so many locations they can spawn, so the more you've done them, the more turn key and reliable those missions become. (Like a spy mission, familiarity with the variables are the best universal way to handle that mission type.)

Second the notion the the three caches in both PoE and Orb Vallis (mission is inside depot but still), are along outer edges AND spaced roughly equidistant apart (triangular shape - yet to do one which wasnt). The only problematic one was the one in middle of the flat plain with no obvious (was there one?) cave opening to underground... Sometimes mission location wont show properly that u need to find cave entrance to get to mission area

Aside from the above-mentioned mods, if you have a Codex / Synthesis Scanner on your gear wheel, you can use that to look through walls and floors and such to find the caches. 

They have a distinct appearance compared to other in-game containers, so once you figure out what to look for it gets a touch easier.

On 2020-01-25 at 9:46 AM, (PS4)TheRealRichboy said:

Oh my #*!%ing god thank you
I forgot thief's wit exicited

Better than Thief's Wit (on you) is Animal Instinct (on your Carrier/Kavat/etc.). Also, 'Animals Stink' comes in Prime with about 2x the range. I used to hate finding caches, now it's cake. Once your companion has it, it will help finding syndicate marks and ayatans as well.

Edited by Canach

On 2020-01-25 at 5:38 PM, Leyers_of_facade said:

1) point blank is a fairly common mod, you probably can get it for like 1p or smth

Whoever charges even 1p for point blank is an evil evil man...

To put it simply point blank is also a reward from the first bounty, not just a drop.
Cashes there (first bounty) are most of the time easy and close together.
You will get it in a couple of runs even with bad rng and after some weeks you will have a pile of it.
Hell's chamber is just as important and it drops in a lot of places:
Missions:
Defense (T1, T2, T3)
Interception (T2)
Survival (DS3, T3)
Excavation (T3)
Spy (Kuva, Lua, T2, T3)
Salvage (All)

Edited by vegetosayajin

3 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

Whoever charges even 1p for point blank is an evil evil man...

To put it simply point blank is also a reward from the first bounty, not just a drop.
Cashes there (first bounty) are most of the time easy and close together.
You will get it in a couple of runs even with bad rng and after some weeks you will have a pile of it.
Hell's chamber is just as important and it drops in a lot of places:
Missions:
Defense (T1, T2, T3)
Interception (T2)
Survival (DS3, T3)
Excavation (T3)
Spy (Kuva, Lua, T2, T3)
Salvage (All)

ye, it really shouldn't be charged for 1p, however, that also means that with 1p you can almost guarantee that someone will immediately take that offer.

and 1p can be obtained a lot easier than rng caches