Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for Archwing Improvement


kwlingo
 Share

Recommended Posts

After running Plague for the last 7 days, I've come to love the +300% speed and health buff of Wisp in Archwing mode. The downside is not many other abilities stay with you when hopping into archwing aka Speedva Null Star or even Loki's invisibility cloak. Yes, still able to run 7-8 min missions but when you have to hold "F" to holster melee and left click out of archwing mode, it just doesn't feel fluid and smooth trying to teleport the drone.

I was talking to my coworker who loves this game also and we were thinking about having Archwing have its own health and shield bar on top of the frames (two life bars). Not that just swapping completely to a new archwing pool of life. Therefore your life as the frame can still be damaged if the enemy bullets hit the frame and if they hit the archwing, it damages the archwing health. This is already part of the integration of Dargyn Pilots. If you kill the pilot the craft comes down, if you destroy the craft the pilot comes falling down, and if you have an explosive you can kill them both.

Also why not allow archwing to allow toggle to swap into frame abilites back and forth? Since archwing mode is limited on the melee, why not allow melee to toggle into allowing frame abilities. This would be especially useful for Loki teleport and allow Speedva ability 4 then swap to Amesha to slow on ability 3 without having to keep jumping in and out of archwing.

Since DE wants us to use archwing more why not make it better with frame in archwing other than just the achwing abilities.

Also not sure if anyone else has been getting a bug jumping in/out of archwing is triggering auto-fire? Kind of annoying to stop it.

Edited by kwlingo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Yes, still able to run 7-8 min missions but when you have to hold "F" to holster melee and left click out of archwing mode, it just doesn't feel fluid and smooth trying to teleport the drone.

what?
why are you holstering melee and all that

just melee to exit archwing

(you can even do it far in advance to get insane speed boost on landing)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

what?
why are you holstering melee and all that

just melee to exit archwing

(you can even do it far in advance to get insane speed boost on landing)

Are you sure because Ive been playing every since last big melee/archwing update and surly doesn't work. Even on dev stream Rebecca was having same issues. The only way to escape archwing is to holster melee. I have not seen a way around it unless you equip a gear item like drill or tranquilizer gun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I just want to see the powers we have get improved; Elytron's warhead is absolutely pitiful in terms of damage.. IT 'S SUPPOSED TO BE A LITERAL DAMN NUKE!!

Archwing was never suppose to be part of the game as intended today. Now they need to do lots to balance the integration of Railjack and Warframe. 🙂

Edited by kwlingo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I just want to see the powers we have get improved; Elytron's warhead is absolutely pitiful in terms of damage.. IT 'S SUPPOSED TO BE A LITERAL DAMN NUKE!!

Also maybe make Odonata's Seeker Missiles not mostly useless.

...Seriously Elytron and Odonata are the red headed step children of the Archwing family right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When they turn everything into a modular system, they should just turn them into mini Jack's in upgrading. Using Dirac. Mods to avionics. Slotting parts like engines/battle skills (wings), reactor/ movement ability(backpack) shield arrays/utility ability (extra wing bits). Overclock slot progression. Unifying the venacular and mechanics to the flight side of the game. 

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Are you sure because Ive been playing every since last big melee/archwing update and surly doesn't work. Even on dev stream Rebecca was having same issues. The only way to escape archwing is to holster melee. I have not seen a way around it unless you equip a gear item like drill or tranquilizer gun.

it...it certainly works for me O-o ive been farming plague star daily on PC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

it...it certainly works for me O-o ive been farming plague star daily on PC

So your saying you dont have to hold switch weapon to holster melee and you can just press the melee toggle. Well guess DE needs to fix my account than and everyone else who has the same problem as me including my friends who play. Even when we are in archwing hostering our melee,  the melee toggle doesn't even work, we have to left click to toggle out of archwing mode. Maybe you were able to bypass the last melee/archwing update?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

So your saying you dont have to hold switch weapon to holster melee and you can just press the melee toggle. 

No, you press the melee attack button. When you have a gun out, just press E once for a QuickMelee and it should swing your melee weapon, thus deactivating Archwing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, you press the melee attack button. When you have a gun out, just press E once for a QuickMelee and it should swing your melee weapon, thus deactivating Archwing

Well I guess I have to contact DE support. Doesn't work for me and my friends at work. Not sure if they changed the key binding again. Even reload in archwing is now "x" instead of the reload toggle. odd. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m extremely confused using melee in any form changes you to full melee. Are you saying you hate the instant swap that u have to do for .2 seconds or have you done something to your controls that your stuck in the old melee system still?

Edited by BDMblue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

I’m extremely confused using melee in any form changes you to full melee. Are you saying you hate the instant swap that u have to do for .2 seconds or have you done something to your controls that your stuck in the old melee system still?

For some odd reason the only way to go into melee is to holster melee in any archwing mode. Its like holding a heavy attack on melee, a tap doesn't work going into melee like the old system. Before last big melee/ archwing update you could just toggle melee and you would fly right out of archwing mode with a speed dash. It's different now. If I can see the Dev steam where Rebecca had the same issue ill post it here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

So your saying you dont have to hold switch weapon to holster melee and you can just press the melee toggle. Well guess DE needs to fix my account than and everyone else who has the same problem as me including my friends who play. Even when we are in archwing hostering our melee,  the melee toggle doesn't even work, we have to left click to toggle out of archwing mode. Maybe you were able to bypass the last melee/archwing update?

by melee toggle do you mean use melee to toggle out of archwing mode, or to hold F to toggle into melee mode from primary wep (or vice versa)?


I dont have to hold anything to get out of archwing mode, i just tap E because that makes me swing my melee weapon, and that also kicks away my archwing. I can tap E towards the sky and end up flying out of my archwing at great speeds, or i can tap E towards the ground and end up flying out archwing in a melee slam attack.


BUT to toggle between fast switching weapons mode, and melee-only mode, i have to hold F. that has absolutely nothing at all to do with archwing. but it's the only place i would use the phrase "toggle"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Well I guess I have to contact DE support. Doesn't work for me and my friends at work. Not sure if they changed the key binding again. Even reload in archwing is now "x" instead of the reload toggle. odd. lol

okay thats also odd.
I reload normally in archwing. maybe try resetting your controls to default?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

okay thats also odd.
I reload normally in archwing. maybe try resetting your controls to default?

Was just talking to people in game chat. They said only a few people got the bug from the melee/archwing 2.0 update. Most people didn't. They said to reset all setting then try again. Hoping this fixes the issue. They said if not contact support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Was just talking to people in game chat. They said only a few people got the bug from the melee/archwing 2.0 update. Most people didn't. They said to reset all setting then try again. Hoping this fixes the issue. They said if not contact support.

I see
I've also been considering doing this because i feel like ive been rolling a lot, unintentionally, lately, and feels like roll on double tap shift turned into single tap shift.

though im not entirely certain it wasnt like that before..

but im definitely interrupting all my reloads and shooting all the time by rolling, it's getting annoying, and i suspect it's the controls gotten mucked up...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, one other thing they should do about Archwing...

For the love of the Lotus DE MAKE ARCHGUNS ACTUALLY WORTH USING IN EMPYREAN!

Seriously, they do scratch damage, and that is assuming their obtusely slow bullets actually hit anything in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-01-26 at 4:50 PM, Aldain said:

Oh yeah, one other thing they should do about Archwing...

For the love of the Lotus DE MAKE ARCHGUNS ACTUALLY WORTH USING IN EMPYREAN!

Seriously, they do scratch damage, and that is assuming their obtusely slow bullets actually hit anything in the first place.

I have not played RJ much but saw on a Youtube video they nerfed the damage from archguns. 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...