mateusz6905

vor 22 Minuten schrieb mateusz6905:

My point is warframe abilities have an pattern that most of people see 

And it would be great if atleast one warframe  was outside the pattern 

Atleast thats what i think

Gerade eben schrieb mateusz6905:

Give me an example 

Try Baruuk 😉

The only thing i find boring are the abilties you simply activate (and recast after some time).

Its ok to have abilites like that, but there are so many Warframes with a generic Damage Reduction Ability it gets kinda funny.

Or take Chroma, while he is strong, all you do is press 2+3 every x seconds to keep your buffs active. Not really engaging imo.

Edited by DreisterDino

12 minutes ago, mateusz6905 said:

For example in most of the warframes first ability is damage abiliity

Then just say that, make a topic with the clear intention of buffing / changing 1st abilities (that need it)
so they're more than just a meh damage thing that's forgotten once you unlock / properly mod for the later, better stuff,
and I will 100% support you on that endeavour 🙂 

But, I guess you're also not a fan of "press 4 to win" radial nukes, because in that case,
I can't really agree that it's a bad thing, it's just so dang nice to have a reliable damage (+ CC, non-LOS) ability in your pocket,
many Frames that are lacking in that regard I find myself playing very little, while "oldies" like Frost or Volt I still enjoy plenty.

Edited by NinjaZeku

1 minute ago, NinjaZeku said:

Then just say that, make a topic with the clear intention of buffing / changing 1st abilities (that need it)
so they're more than just a meh damage thing that's forgotten once you unlock / properly mod for the later, better stuff,
and I will 100% support you on that endeavour 🙂 

But, I guess you're also not a fan of "press 4 to win" radial nukes, because in that case,
I can't really agree that it's a bad thing, it's just so dang nice to have a reliable damage (+ CC, non-LOS) ability in your pocket,
many Frames that are lacking in that regard I find myself playing very little, while Frost or Volt I still enjoy plenty.

I wouldnt say that im not a fan and alright maybe i will make a topic bout this

6 minutes ago, mateusz6905 said:

Give me an example 

Banshee (sonic boom is more CC then damage change my mind), Trinity, Equinox, Gauss, Zephyr, Garuda, Nyx, wisp, Harrow. the list goes on. So, its not exactly accurate to say most of the first abilities are pure damage ones. Plenty of examples that prove otherwise.

Where do you place abilities that have multiple uses? Dread mirror for instance? thats a defensive/offensive/mobility power in one

Edited by StinkyPygmy

23 minutes ago, mateusz6905 said:

My 1 on Valk is a pull movement

My 1 on Equinox changes my form/abilities

My 1 on Loki is a decoy

My 1 on ....

Maybe you should try more frames than Saryn and Ember?

34 minutes ago, mateusz6905 said:

My point is warframe abilities have an pattern that most of people see 

And it would be great if atleast one warframe  was outside the pattern 

Atleast thats what i think

24 minutes ago, mateusz6905 said:

Baruuk - Elude

Equinox - Metamorphosis

Gauss - Mach Rush

Grendel - Feast

Harrow - Condemn

Inakros - Desiccation (does dmg, but mainly CC abbility)

Ivara - Quiver

Limbo - Banish (yes , does dmg, but that is not the point of it)

Loki - Decoy (yes , does dmg, but that is not the point of it)

Mesa - Ballistic Battery

Mirage - Hall of Mirrors

Nyx - Mind Control

Titania - Spellbind

Trinity - Well of Life

Valkyr - Rip Line

Wisp - Reservoirs

Wukong - Celestial Twin

Zephyr - Tail Wind

You really need to learn more about Warframe before you start topics like this.

il y a 34 minutes, mateusz6905 a dit :

• Baruuk first ability is defensive
  • Equinox first ability is form switch
  • Garuda first ability is a shield
  • Gauss first ability is a speed buff
  • Grendel first ability is control
  • Harrow first ability is a stun
  • Hyldrin first ability is an exalted gun
  • Inaros first ability is a blind cone
  • Ivara's first ability is a set of tools
  • Limbo first ability is a dimension change
  • Loki first ability is a decoy
  • Mag first ability is a AoE grab
  • Mirage first ability is a damage, but also multishot and dodge buff
  • Nezha first ability is a speed buff (with a bit of DPS)
  • Nova first ability is defensive
  • Nyx first ability is control over an enemy
  • Revenant first ability is an enemy debuff
  • Titania first ability is control
  • Trinity first ability is healing
  • Valkyr first ability is a grab
  • Wisp first ability is a set of posable buffs
  • Wukong first ability is a clone
  • Zephyr first ability is a dash

So, out of 42 warframes, 22 23 of them have first power that are not primarily made to deal damage and have unique functions, which about 52.3% 54.7% of them.
And even if 47.6% 45.2% of them have damage abilities as first power, most of them are super different and have other surrouding effect that make big difference between them; for example :

• Saryn's first ability act as a virus you need to maintain active to get increased damage per second
  • Nekros first ability act as a sigle target knockdown that deal damage on a line, and can even be used to revive teammates
  • Elemental frames first power can be used to buff your ally weapons with the said element
  • Chroma first ability change elemental type depending on energy color
  • Khora first ability interact with her Ensnare, granting different buffs to the ability

I can understand your initial idea of saying warframe some powers are not intersting enough and might need a few tweaks, but nothing can be done about it without deep explainations of the issue with example and comparisons, showing you though about it and can provide solutions to improve it.

Edited by lukinu_u
Forgot the poor Wukong boi

43 minutes ago, mateusz6905 said:

Except for Trinity, Wukong, Nezha, Zephyr, Grendel... etc.

Trinity being the only one who absolutely does not do damage with her 1, and Guess what, THE least used frame, even below Zephyr.
Warframe abilities need to do some damage to be utilized often enough to pay for their development cost, otherwise they're ignored.
Every frame ability does more than just damage, as the Type of damage/method/side-effects also matter.

If it doesn't have some damage, it has no mass appeal; no mass appeal means no profitability. No profit = No Warframe at all... so that's about where we are.

Edited by kapn655321

OP, this is like suggesting that Gauss and Sonic the Hedgehog play the same. Or that having the Corinth, Lato and Masseter makes any frame play like Scout from TF2. Or hell, that Scout and Engineer from TF2 play the same, since they basically have the same default weapon loadout, with the Scouts primary being identical to the Engie's in every way except point-blank damage.

All I'm saying is, a few cursory, or even significant, similarities can still produce vastly different gameplay depending on what is different.

This isn't even discussing the many people who have already pointed out that many frames have abilities that dramatically deviate from this mold in form, function or both.