Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reliquary of useless abilities

mega_lova_nia

Let us take a moment to appreciate and list useless abilities of warframes because of the existing meta or just abilities you guys don't use a lot because of reasons.

Let me begin

For me, it's Mesa's ballistic battery. ambitious concept of hurling a high damage bullet towards an enemy, but since weapons are already powerful, this power has become obsolete to me.

May you forever be cherished, for all abilities are what makes warframes who they are, no matter how useless they are.

What about you guys?

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Mesmer Skin

Reave

Someone has no idea how to play Revenant beyond p4tw. Mesmer Skin is one of this game's better tanking abilities, and Reave will easily get you back what little health you might lose in case you're running solo

• Like 29

vor 1 Minute schrieb TARINunit9:

Someone has no idea how to play Revenant beyond p4tw. Mesmer Skin is one of this game's better tanking abilities, and Reave will easily get you back what little health you might lose in case you're running solo

If mesmer skin is that great of a tanking ability, why would you need reave to get health back?

21 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Enthrall

Mesmer Skin

Reave

Mesmer skin is actually really good, but that may just be because the devs haven't patched it yet

the stun basically effects anything, from index enemies to kuva liches-- without any reduced duration like most abilities. in the right areas it can make things absolutely trivial.

enthrall and reave are understandable, but I wouldn't call them useless

Edited by Aktriaz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

If mesmer skin is that great of a tanking ability, why would you need reave to get health back?

"It's not 100% ablation!" isn't really a mark of poor quality. Nezha needs to get health back every now and then, and he's still one of the better tanks in the game too

• Like 14

Fire Ball

Well Of Life

Spectral Scream

Pull (Semi though)

Ripline

Soul Punch

44 minutes ago, Aktriaz said:

To GearsMatrix, Revenant's 1-3 is useless until they are replaced.

Edited by GPrime96

7 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

mag's 1 nekros 1

Both could use a touch up, but I wouldn't consider them useless.
Mag being as squishy as she is, being able to pull enemies off their feet so they can't fire is, at the very least, theoretically valuable.
Nekros being able to zone with his 1 during reloads is also incredibly handy.

The game is starting to outgrow those moves in it's complexity, but those at least are not without some usefulness.

Chroma's 1, all day. That should Taunt, too.. or something.. and do like Way more damage/status? And range? ...Good lawd hammercy that skill is bad.

• Like 1

On 2020-01-25 at 1:53 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Y’all really need to find a better comeback than “You just don’t know how to play him/you suck”. I literally know more about Revenant now than most of the people who defend him these days.

Mesmer Skin is over rated trash. 100% DR doesn’t matter much when it’s tied to a charges based defense skill that gets shredded through like wet paper towel. And with an average of 15 charges per cast that leaves him taking less hits before having to recast or than literally every other tank frame. Not to mention it actively prevents Danse Macabre from taking full advantage of its scaling mechanic.

Look it’s not my fault his 4 makes his entire kit redundant. Blame DE for that.

Edit: oh cool, new record for most laugh reacts on a Revenant argument post.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

18 minutes ago, Aktriaz said:

Mesmer skin is actually really good, but that may just be because the devs haven't patched it yet

the stun basically effects anything, from index enemies to kuva liches-- without any reduced duration like most abilities. in the right areas it can make things absolutely trivial.

Index isn’t that hard, and people avoid liches like the plague because they’re not fun. Wow such an amazing track record. And where else is Mesmer Skin useful? Nowhere you say? That’s a real shame. Maybe DE should replace it with an ability that both makes sense for an Eidolon themed Warframe and is actually good.

Thralls die before they could ever be used and Reave gives back health when Revenants primary defense doesn’t use health as a resource. So what’s the point of it healing you if you’re not relying on health? It should be providing Mesmer charges but you need a synergy to do that.a synergy with an ability that’s never there when you need it.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Mesmer Skin is over rated trash. 100% DR doesn’t matter much when it’s tied to a charges based defense skill that gets shredded through like wet paper towel. And with an average of 15 charges per cast that leaves him taking less hits before having to recast or heal than literally every other tank frame.

Clearly you really don't understand how it works after all. It doesn't provide DR at all, because it does something better: it prevents enemies from shooting more than a single bullet.

There are only three enemies in this game that don't care about that: Napalms, Ballista, and Nullifiers. Every other enemy in the entire game replies on automatic fire and follow-up hits to deal meaningful damage. Mesmer Skin prevents that. As an example: Seekers deal heavy damage with burst-fire, but Mesmer Skin means their bursts cut short and thus aren't dealing the damage they normally kill you with

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Not to mention it actively prevents Danse Macabre from taking full advantage of its scaling mechanic.

Look it’s not my fault his 4 makes his entire kit redundant. Blame DE for that.

Citation please, this does sound interesting and I'd like to know more

35 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

This.Revenant made short work of the Grineer goons on  high level Railjack for me 😊

14 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Clearly you really don't understand how it works after all. It doesn't provide DR at all, because it does something better: it prevents enemies from shooting more than a single bullet.

There are only three enemies in this game that don't care about that: Napalms, Ballista, and Nullifiers. Every other enemy in the entire game replies on automatic fire and follow-up hits to deal meaningful damage. Mesmer Skin prevents that. As an example: Seekers deal heavy damage with burst-fire, but Mesmer Skin means their bursts cut short and thus aren't dealing the damage they normally kill you with

Citation please, this does sound interesting and I'd like to know more

DR, negation. It’s 100% removal of damage dealt to you so as long as you understand the basic concept it shouldn’t matter if my terminology is off a little.

You do realize how little damage gets dealt to you when you have 90% DR, adaptation and arcane guardian, right? It’s practically 0. So it doesn’t matter how many times you get hit. And that scales reliably up to about level 150. Haven’t really tested beyond that, but then again there’s no real reason to do ultra long survivals.

Upon receiving an attack while using Danse Macabre. That attacks damage gets converted into damage dealt by Danse. Unfortunately that damage reduces at a significant rate so sustaining consistent damage is needed. Mesmer Skin puts enemies that hit you to sleep. Making it impossible to fully utilized Danse’s scaling damage. You can replicate what this mechanic at full effect can do by turning on invincibility in the Simulcrum. Also see, I told you I know more about Revenant than the people that defend him.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Upon receiving an attack while using Danse Macabre. All damage taken gets converted into damage dealt by Danse. Unfortunately that damage reduces at a significant rate so sustaining consistent damage is needed. Mesmer Skin puts enemies that hit you to sleep. Making it impossible to fully utilized Danse’s scaling damage. You can replicate what this mechanic at full effect can do by turning on invincibility in the Simulcrum. Also see, I told you I know more about Revenant than the people that defend him.

That is definitely interesting and something to be looked at. I will definitely concede that you know me than me about dealing damage as opposed to my knowledge on tanking damage, as in...

11 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You do realize how little damage gets dealt to you when you have 90% DR, adaptation and arcane guardian, right? It’s practically 0

I am very familiar with Scratch Damage. And Scratch Damage adds up, because enemies have automatic rifles. Mesmer Skin prevents it from adding up. Instead of 60 bullets per magazine, the enemies only get one. That's 1 damage instead of 60 damage. In addition, it stops enemies from dealing slash procs with stuff like the Flux Rifle, which ignores Arcane Guardian