Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reliquary of useless abilities

mega_lova_nia

51 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s insulting for DE to be like “oh here’s a frame modeled after an Eidolon

OK I honestly don't even follow what you are talking about, and I think this is why. Like, I genuinely do not perceive why you are angry about Revenant, and I think it's because I don't get much of a "based off Eidolons" look to him. I really don't, I don't think that's why DE were going for at all.

But only for one specific reason: DE has made a frame that was explicitly based off the Sentients and it looked like this.

In addition,

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There’s no justification for it. Coming back as an undead being doesn’t immediately equal vampire. Otherwise every Drauger I killed in Skyrim would’ve been dropping vampire stuff.

I don't think this is being fair. I don't criticize the Loki Warframe for not being based on Tom Hiddleston, because that's obviously not the version of Loki they were going for. Likewise, when they tell me Revenant is based on a more 12th century Ghoul-type Vampire I can just roll with it; I don't need to be told he was corrupted by a traitorous Garuda Warframe like this is 30 Days of Night or something, I just see "well the demonic Sentients were involved, and he rose from the dead trying to eat me. That's a ghoulish vampire-like monster, his story checks out in my book"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tulipunahapero said:

3. Limbo- Rift Surge (Ability 3.)

The ability doesn't really fit in a team environment, but that ability allows Limbo to:

• Pull new enemies into the Rift without even leaving the Rift in the first place by using Banish on a Surged enemy.
  • Aside from Cataclysm, this keeps the enemies permanently inside the Rift with Banish.
  • Rift Torrent: Drastically increases Limbo's damage against Surged enemies inside the Rift.

I understand there's Rolling Guard, but not everyone uses it or they have it. Rift Surge provides that alternative choice if you don't want to leave the Rift.

On topic:

• Spectral Scream
  • Devour
  • Sandstorm
  • Radial Javelin

There are others already mentioned such as Ripline, but these are the ones I consider awful.

Edited by Duality52

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

OK I honestly don't even follow what you are talking about, and I think this is why. Like, I genuinely do not perceive why you are angry about Revenant, and I think it's because I don't get much of a "based off Eidolons" look to him. I really don't, I don't think that's why DE were going for at all.

But only for one specific reason: DE has made a frame that was explicitly based off the Sentients and it looked like

:facepalm:
His concept art was literally titled Eidolon Warframe. His visual design is clearly inspired by the Eidolon Teralyst. His lore involves him getting corrupted by Eidolons energy for thousands of years. Why is this incredibly obvious s*** so impossible for you people to comprehend. It’s makes no ****ing sense for Revenant to be a ****ing vampire. Like would it seriously kill you people to use your brain for 2 seconds to realize his theme makes absolutely zero sense?

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Sounds like Devstream concept art, you got a citation?

Devstream 112, 33 minutes in. Concept art is literally titled Eidolon Warframe.

And I will repeat again. Revenant was corrupted by Eidolons energy. So he should have Eidolons themed abilities. He was not bitten by a giant alien vampire bat, so him having vampire themed powers makes absolutely zero sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Devstream 112, 33 minutes in. Concept art is literally titled Eidolon Warframe.

Definitely true, i see. However, the same video at 35:48 shows that they had already moved away from that idea: his devbuild name is Vlad. As in Vlad Tepes 3rd. As in Vlad Dracula

Basically it's another Atlas situation. Atlas was originally "Brawler" but they moved his design to an earthbender later down the line

• Like 1

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Definitely true, i see. However, the same video at 35:48 shows that they had already moved away from that idea: his devbuild name is Vlad. As in Vlad Tepes 3rd. As in Vlad Dracula

Basically it's another Atlas situation. Atlas was originally "Brawler" but they moved his design to an earthbender later down the line

Just because they moved away from the idea doesn’t make it a good or logical idea. There’s still NOTHING in Revenants backstory that eludes to or references anything relating to vampires. Only Eidolons. So having a Warframe who’s strictly connected to Eidolons and yet their abilities don’t reflect that is Bullsh*t.

20 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If you want actual good 100% DR play Gauss or Zephyr. They provide it for 45 seconds consistently.

Why would I want something that is limited in use and only lasts for 45 seconds when I can be 100% immune to everything, including self damage and have it last several minutes before needing to rebuff no matter the level of content?

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why would I want something that is limited in use and only lasts for 45 seconds when I can be 100% immune to everything, including self damage and have it last several minutes before needing to rebuff no matter the level of content?

Because Mesmer Skin only lasts for an average of 15 hits while turbulence can take infinite hits for 45 seconds, same goes for Kinetic Plating.

Whether they intended vampire or not... they should walk away from that, IMO.
We have 3 vampires and vampire cats;

Spoiler

we all know the next step is werewolves, and then the fur-lords will devour the carcass of this game like ants with boners.

How many media trope sharks must we jump, and how many times? No more vampires. Rev as an Eidolon makes way better sense, when we already now have Inaros, Garuda, and a plague of cats with batwings for ears.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Whether they intended vampire or not... they should walk away from that, IMO.
We have 3 vampires and vampire cats;

Reveal hidden contents

we all know the next step is werewolves, and then the fur-lords will devour the carcass of this game like ants with boners.

How many media trope sharks must we jump, and how many times? No more vampires. Rev as an Eidolon makes way better sense, when we already now have Inaros, Garuda, and a plague of cats with batwings for ears.

Ok thank you for backing me up but please don’t call Inaros a vampire. He’s a mummy. His powers are inspired by the monster movie Mummy that could command sandstorms and drain people’s life force. His entire aesthetic is designed after ancient Egypt. He’s not a vampire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok thank you for backing me up but please don’t call Inaros a vampire. He’s a mummy. He’s inspired by the monster movie Mummy that could command sandstorms and drain people’s life force. His entire aesthetic is designed after ancient Egypt. He’s not a vampire.

He's undying, god-status tanky, sleeps in a coffin, and drinks people's health. Bro's a vampire. Tomato/Tomahto/VampireAF.

Edited by kapn655321

5 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Rev as an Eidolon makes way better sense, when we already now have Inaros, Garuda, and a plague of cats with batwings for ears.

Inaros is a mummy. Garuda and Revenant contrast each other by looking at modern vampires (blood-fueled humans with super strength) and old folklore (demon-posessed corpses from old folklore). And it's that last part that makes me disagree with this:

13 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There’s still NOTHING in Revenants backstory that eludes to or references anything relating to vampires. Only Eidolons. 

He was killed by the demons (Sentients) and rose up as a ghoul with black magic. That's a classical pre-Dracula vampire

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Inaros is a mummy. Garuda and Revenant contrast each other by looking at modern vampires (blood-fueled humans with super strength) and old folklore (demon-posessed corpses from old folklore). And it's that last part that makes me disagree with this:

He was killed by the demons (Sentients) and rose up as a ghoul with black magic. That's a classical pre-Dracula vampire

The sentient aren’t demons. They’re artificially created life forms that the Orokin made.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The sentient aren’t demons. They’re artificially created life forms that the Orokin made.

I direct you to:

18 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Sentients are basically evil pegan demons. Hunhow and Erra are named for Hun-Hunahpu and Irra, respectively a Mayan lore figure and the Akkadian god of plagues. "Warden" ws killed by the Sentients/demons and rose up as a Revenant/vampire

It's metatextual, but it's there

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I direct you to:

It's metatextual, but it's there

You’re insane head canon isn’t in game cannon. And the Mayans weren’t vampire and neither are the sentient. None of the Eidolons or sentient units display any vampire like abilities. So Revenant becoming a vampire from their energy doesn’t make any sense.

It would be like saying, oh Nidus is the infested frame, so it would make sense if he farted out butterflies because Butterflies and the infested are both organic beings.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re insane head canon isn’t in game cannon.

It's not a headcanon, it's a metatextual reference. Have you been to the Sentient Anomaly yet? Sure it's not literally the Christuan Hell, but it certainly looks like it

Hell, the name "eidolon" is a Greek word that means "ghostly form". And Sentient Eidolons certainly aren't ghosts, they're very much physical beings. But the way they haunt the plains certainly makes them a reference to ghosts and ghouls and demons

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's not a headcanon, it's a metatextual reference. Have you been to the Sentient Anomaly yet? Sure it's not literally the Christuan Hell, but it certainly looks like it

Hell, the name "eidolon" is a Greek word that means "ghostly form". And Sentient Eidolons certainly aren't ghosts, they're very much physical beings. But the way they haunt the plains certainly makes them a reference to ghosts and ghouls and demons

Neither ghost, ghoul, nor demons are vampires.