The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The whole point of Railjack by three words

AdvisorZ

Repair Repair Repair - Mission Failed - Repair Repair Repair - Mission Failed.

I decided to spend 4 hours to check "maybe I'm a complete idiot and railjack is a great art for pro players". But no, this is not great art. This is great stupidity. During these 4 hours I failed about 5-6 missions. Why? Hmmm...I have no idea (sarcasm).  
Maybe because there is no balance between railjack and the enemy? Maybe because the railjack is thin as always-ultra, and it is destroyed by a small detachment of assault ships on the first mission of Proxima-Earth?  But no, wait. Maybe because railjack weapons have no damage, absolutely? Or because he is slower than the slowest tortoise in the world, and he does not have normal maneuvers.  Why make a Railjack, if the whole fight comes down to a fight using Archwing? 

But you can fly in the squad. Cool. One small “but” - such squad are not needed even for free. Because with them, it’s no better (or even worse) than in Solo mode. And there is no pleasure in Solo, only a waste of nerves. All the delight from the work done and from the interesting mechanics (it’s really cool. The update of skills and spare parts, the creation of new, etc.) is destroyed by the above points. Good work (sarcasm)

P.S So nice to look for a miniature explosive charge throughout the ship without an indicator. Under the shelling of the armada, the burning compartments of the ship, and the boarding battalion.

Edited by AdvisorZ
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, AdvisorZ said:

I decided to spend 4 hours to check "maybe I'm a complete idiot and railjack is a great art for pro players". But no, this is not great art. This is great stupidity. During these 4 hours I failed about 5-6 missions. Why? Hmmm...I have no idea (sarcasm).  
Maybe because there is no balance between railjack and the enemy? Maybe because the railjack is thin as always-ultra, and it is destroyed by a small detachment of assault ships on the first mission of Proxima-Earth?  But no, wait. Maybe because railjack weapons have no damage, absolutely? Or because he is slower than the slowest tortoise in the world, and he does not have normal maneuvers.  Why make a Railjack, if the whole fight comes down to a fight using Archwing? 

But you can fly in the squad. Cool. One small “but” - such squad are not needed even for free. Because with them, it’s no better (or even worse) than in Solo mode. And there is no pleasure in Solo, only a waste of nerves. All the delight from the work done and from the interesting mechanics (it’s really cool. The update of skills and spare parts, the creation of new, etc.) is destroyed by the above points. Good work (sarcasm)

P.S So nice to look for a miniature explosive charge throughout the ship without an indicator. Under the shelling of the armada, the burning compartments of the ship, and the boarding battalion.

If you are focusing on being an Engineer, might I recommend using CC focused Vauban + Lenz. This way you can control the boarders while also focusing on repairs, no matter what ship I go on, no matter the build, no matter how terrible the pilot is, the railjack will never die.

Forgot Ciphers, always have these, remember the Y is a shortcut to use them so when you find the bomb you can defuse it in under a second.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AdvisorZ said:

Well, first of all, Railjack as it is now is not intended to be played solo. No wonder the only way of playing solo is by using your archwing. You need to form a team (and better recruit it, pugs on Railjack are the worst i've ever seen in the game).

The first weapons in railjack are not a life saver, reason why I recommend you to get the cryophon (even the sigma from the dojo) for the pilot ASAP. Even the first one will make the difference. But still, doing the missions with the whole squad is possible. You have 1 whole minute to avoid a catastrophic failure (that's a lot time) and you can get mats to fill the revolite very easily by killing lower level ships.

The squad, even if you think not, is needed, and can make the difference: one can be repairing stuff, one piloting, one in the turrets and a fourth can go outside to support with the archwing (or man the other turret).

Last, you should invest your first intrinsic point in tactical, the tactical map helps a lot when looking for fires, explosives and stuff.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AdvisorZ said:

Your railjack just sucks. It's a different thing when properly modded.

It's a space tank firing nukes. It's stupidly overpowered. I can solo any veil mission in around 10 min and with a squad in 5min.

• Like 5

Railjack Missions are a bit tedious Solo, but totally doable.

there's a lot of Stats for you to collect, however if your Ship is stock and you also have no Intrinsic Skills yet, then that will be a pretty unpleasant experience. if you play a few Missions on someone elses' Ship, so that you can get a few levels in each field, that will make a big difference.

• Like 3

Railjack in three words for me: boring, boring, boring. I don't enjoy Railjack. It was new and fresh for a little bit, like Archwing, but the game mode is dull and barebones. It'd be more fun, and much better, if it was exploration-based instead of the same old mission-based format. I'm not looking forward to future content being dependent on these Empyrean missions.

I'd say the three words are RNG, Grind and Despair.

I got all I need except a 100 cap reactor and a Quellor.

I recently got a Zetki Hyperstrike after farming for 2 weeks.

So now I'm trying to get the Quellor.

Spend 2-3 hours grinding with a squad of randoms. To my own surprise they actually weren't entirely useless.

We kept running Korm's Belt on earth. After 2 hours of repeating that mission over and over, it seems like there's a 50% chance for it to spawn a Galleon.

The commander on that Galleon has a 5% chance to drop the quellor, among other things I don't want.

Basically, the chance of getting the Quellor is near zero.

It hurts. I can't take this.

2 hours ago, AdvisorZ said:

Follow my "guide" and you will NEVER fail:

Railjack Repair Order:

First(my english is trash, sorry!)

1 - (priority) RED hull ruptures or catastrophic Failure. If you don't repair, the mission will FAIL. Save your resources for this one.

2 - (recomended) ELETRICAL damage. You will lose shields.

3 - (Optional, don't let many of them) FIRE damage. Your Railjack will start to lose Health. Repair when resources are plenty.

4 - ORANGE Hull ruptures. You will lose a percentange of health(hull). You don't really need to repair, but when they hit 3, the 4th will always be a RED Hull Rupture. Be careful.

5 - ICE blocking - I don't now what this thing do to the Railjack (armor reduction? I don't know). The ice will block the doors. Repair when resources are High.

Tips:

Better way to get the priority resources: The Caches inside bases and Crewships. If you are low(resources), always invade crewships and loot.

The faster you kill the crewships, better. They are the only threat.

Master the timing to kill Ramsled (invader capsule) before they hit the railjack. The "Crewship" will always fire one if you are close.

Better defensive Avionics: Bulkhead (Health), Hull Wave(armor). 

Now check my video on how much damage a Railjack can take -> (Disclaimer: Console, fast foward to see all the damage and the technics)

Edited by (PS4)Navalhabr
  • Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb AdvisorZ:

You know why they lost the war in the first place. 

It is basically a corvette ship in space but much slower. It is the type of ship you would never send against hordes of small and fast enemies plus some destroyers on top. The best thing you can do is leave that thing behind and use archwing until you have enough mods to turn your poor man's corvette into a proper battelship.

It is a sad excuse for a power fantasy. 

Edited by k05h

Maybe because the railjack is thin as always-ultra, and it is destroyed by a small detachment of assault ships on the first mission of Proxima-Earth?

maybe at first, but with a Bulkhead Avionic you get way more health. you're on PC, so you have the ability to trade Avionics; maybe consider getting yourself a Zetki Bulkhead? maxed out and in a rank 3 slot, you get just over 6000 Hull Health, which even with low armour takes a while to go down on Earth.

probably also best to at least try and get one other player to run repairs for you, solo mode is constant running around like a blue-arsed fly, other people do help when they actually are playing to the best of their ability.

Sounds like you have an undergeared Railjack, and have not ranked up your intrinsics yet. 

But the only way for that to be true is for you to have absolutely no experience with this game mode. Which would mean that you have no clue what you're doing, so you really wouldn't have any idea as to why you were consistently failing. 

Additionally it looks like you were trying to solo content that isn't meant to be played solo. People can solo it, and have solo'd it, but that's because they're pretty good at this content. Looks like you just aren't any good at it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdvisorZ said:

Sorry but that is clearly a feedback done without a real complete experience of the system behind it.

The only critique I can understand and  share is that if you play alone or not very organized at the beginning, it can be quite frustrating.

BUT, with proper equipment Railjack is not harder than  whatever mission we have in warframe, even soloable. To make you understand, try doing a mission with no mods/operator/lvl 30 frame and with only mk1 weapons. That is exactly the starting point or RJ.

Telling you, with mk3 parts, proper avionics and high levels talents I can solo Gian Point (one of the hardest for lvl) in 5 mins or less (with good spawn), and if I repair the ship 1 time is even too much.

My only major critique with Empyrean is when I get pilots who don't get that Crewships tear through a Railjack like a hot knife through butter.

I went from 300 to 0 Omni in a couple of minutes because the host/pilot flew into a crossfire of 4 crewships, by the time I managed to destroy 2 of them we were out of Omni with no Pustrels/Cubics.

The lack of a tutorial REALLY is causing issues, more than anything else having a potato for a pilot who dogfights crewships with the Pilot guns or all but actively avoids picking up resources are the number one reasons why any missions I've been in have failed.

Edited by Aldain