Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations are missions with no revives, you can revive on.

Joezone619

When arbitrations first announced. DE said themselves, it was a mission with no revives. now? its officially a revive-less mission... with (technically) infinite revives so long as you stay, and the players kill drones.

Remove other players being able to revive dead players,

and

Replace it with players go down and can be revived at half normal revive time and only once. Meaning you can still be saved but not forever, if you die after that, its it. your dead.

43 minutes ago, Dante said:

I'd personally enjoy having the checkpoint-style reviving older games used to have.

For example, everyone but you dies at 34 min, and if you get to 40 min everyone is revived and is also getting the reward. And there would be no other way to revive.

Edited by Joezone619
Clarifying ideas, Adding new idea from a comment.

7 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

Replace it with players go down and can be revived at half- timer time. Meaning you can still be saved but not forever, if you die after that, its it. your dead.

Why is this any better than what we have now? You can still be revived. Also, what does “half-timer” mean? It suggests that our revive would be locked until half the timer had elapsed, but this gives no indication at all to why we have limited revives.

I'd personally enjoy having the checkpoint-style reviving older games used to have.

For example, everyone but you dies at 34 min, and if you get to 40 min everyone is revived and is also getting the reward. And there would be no other way to revive.

Edited by Dante
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dante said:

Great idea, i like that alot, but i'd have it so it revives everyone on either every 2end reward, losing out on the first reward as a consiquence, or every 4 rewards/rotation getting all rewards.

24 minutes ago, Dante said:

This would be AFK heaven.. join a mission, go watch netflix.

i DO enjoy arbitrations, even the instant "loss" (though i wish it was a success even if you DO go down, thus gaining w/e ever resources you picked up *cant be sure, havent really died in awhile lol*

My only issue is that the no revive carries over to pets, thus forcing me to take Djinn all the time.

11 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

i DO enjoy arbitrations, even the instant "loss" (though i wish it was a success even if you DO go down, thus gaining w/e ever resources you picked up *cant be sure, havent really died in awhile lol*

My only issue is that the no revive carries over to pets, thus forcing me to take Djinn all the time.

i honestly don't know how i feel about pets being revived, i think they should still go down so you can get them back up, but die permanently (in mission) if time runs out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Great idea, i like that alot, but i'd have it so it revives everyone on either every 2end reward, losing out on the first reward as a consiquence, or every 4 rewards/rotation getting all rewards.

Kinda a terrible idea. If you have a group doing an arbitration and they are trying to get adaption, and the group makes it to that point but the player who's dead misses out on it? 

You'd find your ship raided by tenno who keep you perma dead in your orbiter from the amount of salt it would generate. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

but the player who's dead misses out on it? 

i also said it'd be good if the dead players get the reward for every 2end reward, and besides, at that point, what consequence is there for dyeing on "elite missions", if you just get everything anyways.

5 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

i also said it'd be good if the dead players get the reward for every 2end reward, and besides, at that point, what consequence is there for dyeing on "elite missions", if you just get everything anyways.

Still not a good idea when most arbitrations last a long time to get the rewards. Most deaths are simply one shots when you aren't on a tanky frame. 

If it wasn't a survival maybe I'd agree. But with life support shenanigans you can easily unfairly be extracted before the team gets their drops. 

Loot tables as stingy as they already are, are enough punishment as is. 

If you enforced a policy that had robbed me of something like void hole? I'd join the stalker just to hunt you every mission as Revenant. I pop in, activate Mesmer and would hunt you down. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Still not a good idea when most arbitrations last a long time to get the rewards. Most deaths are simply one shots when you aren't on a tanky frame. 

If it wasn't a survival maybe I'd agree. But with life support shenanigans you can easily unfairly be extracted before the team gets their drops. 

Loot tables as stingy as they already are, are enough punishment as is. 

If you enforced a policy that had robbed me of something like void hole? I'd join the stalker just to hunt you every mission as Revenant. I pop in, activate Mesmer and would hunt you down. 

then stay near team mates so then can get you up before you die, perhaps maybe have it so you can go down 1 time, and after that you'd die, but resets every reward rotation. that way death has consiquence, and you cant be jabaited to death unless your super unlucky/the universe hates you.

Edited by Joezone619

I think pets should either have a "Hold Position" (like specters) or the ability to revive like normal, (pets are a bit scatter brained - lets race out and attack a lvl 300 slapper).  Players thou, should not be able to revive in Arbi, players dieing every 2 mins stuffs the mission for the rest of the squad who come prepared. 

1 hour ago, Dante said:

This above I dont like at all.. way to much room for AFK abusers.  We had a dude the other day come in and straight away jump up high, where he had obviously done many times, and just stayed there the whole match, split the spawns and just made it harder for the squad to get enough kills.  (on a side note) we do need a "Report Leech/AFK" button that takes screenshot and sends to DE.  But .. when u get a good squad of players, prepared, Arbi is a great mode and really fun and after an 1hr or 2 the challenge is definately there 🙂

@-AncientWarrior- A Simple idea, a good one, but everything has its loopholes, i'd think maybe adding it so it doesn't instantly revive you, it just unlocks the revive button so you cant jsut afk the whole time, maybe have it so you dont get rewards while you were dead until you've been active enough to get rewards for next rotation, and then giving you all rewards you missed on that rotation.

14 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

every heard of tenno void mode?

I have, except you already commented that you want it to be half the time. That means they have to get out of operator, run over to you all the while enemies swarm you both. They get picked up and primed to get one shot again while when you get back to your warframe the enemies are waiting.

It's just artificial difficulty with no benefit. It doesn't make anything harder, just upsets people. 

• Like 1

Well, again, these are just ideas, the point i want to make is, being able to revive, on a mission we're *supposed* to not be able to be revived on, isn't good. its literally "heres inf revives if your friends help you out.,.. and all the rewards too". Death has less consequence on arbitration, then any other mission, simply because, you can technically be revived indefinitely.

I believe "Coming back to life" should not be apart of arbitration, especially since one of the first things you hear on the mission, is the arbiters of hexis, telling you to run the mission, like any mortal would.

I think they need to add it so players go down, and if they die after that, game over, try again. i also think they should be able to redo the mission, if they died on it.

When DE Announced arbitrations and said they would not be able to revive on them, i was pumped, i was looking forward to the challange of having 1 life, *Hardcore mode* warframe.

Then about a month later they added reviving on it, taking away all anticipation, and thrill of it. its now just a normal mission with a different revive system that you get better rewards on. when its supposed to be a challenging mission, for the best of tenno. for experts, for people who dont die after stubbing their toe.

There are numarious ways to fix it, and keep it fun for the less op tenno, and keep what they said it would be true, removing reviving fro mit period, and having you go down would be a start.

They could also have drones tag you, so you cant be revived until it dies. Maybe reducing the down time you have to get revived, is a bad idea, but it was a suggestion, if they were to make drones tag you to be unreviveable until the drones die, they shouldn't reduce timer, and i would actually increase it, but for a simple, "no revives", i would half the revive time.

Arbitrations only used to be missions where you couldn't revive. Now they are missions where you can revive.

Anyway, for an alternative, one could employ the Destiny revive token system: instead of only getting one revive, you can only give one revive. So the team has 4 revives in a game - which would work like normal, including focus benefits - but each player can only perform a revive once.

So if somebody dies multiple times, they're burning a team resource to be picked up. If you're the last person with an available revive and you die, then you're hosed. It 

4 hours ago, Dante said:

This would be sweet. You could be an absolute unit and solo the objective for multiple minutes with a large disadvantage lacking Corrosive Projection or such and be rewarded with your team mates back so long as you push it.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2