Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for quality of life changes

Vadir

Couple ideas for quality of life changes. Sorry for bad English.

Mod level adjustment

Adjusting mod level for maxed mod. This allow to increase build variety without forcing players to have another copy of mod which isn't always an option for example umbral mods.

Full modular weapons

Another change for build variety. Ability to change secondary parts(Grip and Links/Grip and Loader) of fully leveled modular weapons between missions.

Token system for kuva liches 

This already were brought up for bait for kuva liches with specific weapons. But we still don't have any consistent way to increase percent bonus for kuva weapons. Only thing we have is chance for better weapon without any guarantees.

Stat locking for rivens and universal rivens

Locking preferred stats in riven to consistently getting them. Less grind more fun. And also I actually can't find any reason for having separate rivens for every weapon. We already have disposition which changes riven stat depending on weapon so what is the reason for different rivens for each weapon?

Railjack random stat increase

There is literally no reason for grinding for better stuff after certain point. I personally couldn't care less about stuff I cannot get guarantied best version in limited amount of time. You can literally farm for eternity and still don't get best roll possible.

33 minutes ago, Vadir said:

Locking preferred stats in riven to consistently getting them. Less grind more fun. And also I actually can't find any reason for having separate rivens for every weapon. We already have disposition which changes riven stat depending on weapon so what is the reason for different rivens for each weapon?

I mean, the practical problem is that universal Rivens means there's no need for Riven slots. Get one for status, one for crit, one for flat damage maybe...a few others with random stats like less recoil for the weird weapons? Even the most absurd asks would readily fall within 15 slots.

Same goes for actually modular weapons and weapon slots (though that's less of an impact, sharing with regular weapons and all).

Not that they're bad ideas, they're just unlikely to be done because of the dollar bills.

As for the RNG stuff they've been doing lately...I doubt they're going to turn around with that any time soon, which is a tragedy, but it's the path they seem hell bent on walking so...

26 минут назад, Tyreaus сказал:

I mean, the practical problem is that universal Rivens means there's no need for Riven slots. Get one for status, one for crit, one for flat damage maybe...a few others with random stats like less recoil for the weird weapons? Even the most absurd asks would readily fall within 15 slots.

They can make them limited for each categories like Primary(Automatic rifles, semi-automatic rifles, beam rifles, explosive launchers, bows, pellet shotgun, plasma shotgun, beam shotgun, sniper rifles) same for secondary and for melee(Blade and Whip, Claws, Dagger, Dual Daggers, Dual Swords, etc). Multiply that by "one for status, one for crit, one for flat damage" and that's already a lot.

26 минут назад, Tyreaus сказал:

Same goes for actually modular weapons and weapon slots (though that's less of an impact, sharing with regular weapons and all).

As for a secondary I specifically stated the replacement of only secondary parts(Grip and Links/Grip and Loader). You still need to have every Chamber and Strike(or may be two of each if you cannot change 1h grip for 2h and vice versa) so it is not lowering amount of plat you have to spend but makes it much more enjoyable.

Edited by Vadir

42 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Anyone who tries to get same-weapon riven mods for multiple configurations can only be declared a whale because of how ridiculous it can cost to buy a `strong` one and the amount of kuva one has to sink just to keep re-rolling a riven mod till it has some-what good stats at the very least. Its is literally gacha except replace cash currency with a tedious to farm resource.

But even then, getting riven mods for multiple weapon types is just as annoying gacha with a tedious to farm resource since one will likely experience burn out before they even have enough for at the very least, 10 measly rolls. Especially per riven and not counting the fact the odds to roll something decent is going to require more then 10 rolls if you plan to get something crazy like 2 damage lines with a neglible curse or 3 damage lines.

I honestly would like the oncept of being able to swap out parts similar to that one fancy customizable gun that i believe some Metal Gear Solid games had, plus some other games used a similar concept for a REAL customize`able gun where one could tweak it between a semi-shot, burst fire, assault rifle and even add attachments like a grenade launcher and what not. 

Granted some might do a whine that it might make modular items be alot less COSTLY, but you still are having to build the barrel parts and other variant parts if you want to tweak things. Which honestly suffers the same issue as how Focus lens work, where you forfeit your right to do any decent salvaging from it, especially if you build a `bad` modular setup, which could likely be due to D.E. deciding to nerf something (*cough* catch moon *cough*), mainly due to it being way too popular or it could have a un-intended interaction that makes it ridiculously op.

At the very least this would give modular items alot more appeal to play around with parts alot more then having to build every variation, grind them all and see which fits the best, if you are the type to FEEL if the weapon is good, instead of making accurate judgement based on numbers. Which honestly not everyone is big-brain enough to translate values in builds without actual gameplay use.

Not that they're bad ideas, they're just unlikely to be done because of the dollar bills.

Considering the fact that D.E. has had around 3 major back-lashes (basically in a row in-fact!) between them teasing the idea of Warframe`umbratization, only to get a bunch of people pissed off that they receded it to use Lua lenses itself once the disruption expansion came. A bunch of people were FURIOUS at the kind of state that Kuva Liches were released in and still are due to how long it has taken for them to start putting REAL changes then having trade`chat resolve it again. Plus the train-wreck of a system we call Railjack which has had quite a few absurdly powerful buffs to try and fix it, Including rerolling the reactors to have ridiculously higher minimum values and the maximum values being nudged up on several of them.

Honestly, you could throw in Arbitations also considering how long it took for them to just simply have rotations be a normal 5 wave/minute set and add in the ability to get vitus essence from drone drops AND as a reward table item on top of the 1 per rotation guranteed one. But i should likely stop before i list every screw up D.E. pretty much did in the recent years. Since i am not in the mood to count everything between the war within and where we are at now.

As for the RNG stuff they've been doing lately...I doubt they're going to turn around with that any time soon, which is a tragedy, but it's the path they seem hell bent on walking so...

I already pointed out the consecutive amounts of times people were pissed off and how they did a MASSIVE buff to the reactors, they certainly are actually caving into proper systems we should of had in place such as being able to scrap a lich to `bait` another lich with the exact same weapon. Which at the very least should allow people to chase one specific weapon infinitely for the purpose of rerolling till one gets a high roll. Which combined with the fact that the element is warframe family based, means that the only RNG-sus left is rolling bonus damage % values.

Never the less, it does not really resolve the issue of people needing to chase weapons they do not have yet with Kuva liches, nor does it give an effective means to just straight up improve a weapon besides chasing lower and lower odds as one tries to get as high of a roll as possible on a kuva lich weapon.

Well clearly, they want to get another 3 to 10 hotfixes in before they ship it out to console, so lets hope they properly address Titanium and boost `space gain` loot more then just making anything that is not a avionics/salvage get stuck with annoyances to farm(Aka they will be marked but resources are stuck with that faint blue color to spot or tiny little resource boxes that can be hard to spot without larger specific structures to indicate that some are around it.. That or the very least, double to triple the gain value that Titanium currently gives to act as a quick and easy resolver.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1