Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic missions

(XBOX)prematurebat236

So about 7/10 of playing relic missions on public setting always end up good. 

The rest of the 3/10 has players joining at a bad time were they can't get enough void traces and before they know it their team extracts. They get nothing and 3/4 of the players are happy. It is quite easy to extract and be a $&*^ to unlucky players when it comes to this and I believe it needs to be fixed. All players happy = good. It's horrible though when your team has "how do I put this... Idiotic, no good, dummies who could get a really sweet reward if they helped the other player get void traces."

21 minutes ago, (XB1)prematurebat236 said:

So about 7/10 of playing relic missions on public setting always end up good. 

The rest of the 3/10 has players joining at a bad time were they can't get enough void traces and before they know it their team extracts. They get nothing and 3/4 of the players are happy. It is quite easy to extract and be a $&*^ to unlucky players when it comes to this and I believe it needs to be fixed. All players happy = good. It's horrible though when your team has "how do I put this... Idiotic, no good, dummies who could get a really sweet reward if they helped the other player get void traces."

Why are you complaining about public matches?

1 hour ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Why are you complaining about public matches?

Did you read it? Do you play Xbox when it comes to this post? 

Warframe public matches have it where you join at the time where the first step in the objective is beginning or getting done. 

When it comes to fast missions like capture or rescue players may join right before the prisoner is released or the Vip is captured. Some players who joined a long time (couple of mins probably) may have already gotten their void traces. So some people may be happy to ruin your time to where leaving and not helping with enemies to get traces hardly ever happens. That's what the post is about. 

(goal) make to where we respect our tenno brothers and sisters and help them in getting void traces before extraction. 

Edited by (XB1)prematurebat236

1 minute ago, (XB1)prematurebat236 said:

Did you read it? Do you play Xbox when it comes to this post? 

Warframe public matches have it where you join at the time where the first step in the objective is beginning or during done. 

When it comes to fast missions like capture or rescue players may join right before the prisoner is released or the Vip is captured. Some players who joined a long time (couple of mind probably) may have already gotten their void traces. So some people may be happy to ruin your time to where leaving and not helping with enemies to get traces hardly ever happens. That what the post is about. 

(goal) make to where we respect our tenno brothers and sisters and help them in getting void traces before extraction. 

Yes I did read it. Public matches are public matches, everyone has their own goal when it comes to it. Some may be mindful of new joiners some won't. You shouldn't expect others to care about your own personal circumstances in public missions. If you honestly don't like it then either run solo, with friends or recruit out of recruiting.

I agree that the timing of a new player joining can be completely off in any mission, not just confined to relics. My current time record for a completed public mission is 15 seconds. I spawned on the extraction point with two of the three other players and just had to wait for the third one to turn up. Zero shots fired, zero affinity gained, nothing.

Regardless, it would be nice if people would wait for the latecomers to get their traces... as long as the latecomer is actively trying to get them! I've had people join late in a sabotage mission and go off to try to find the caches instead. Sorry, not waiting for you and nor would I expect others to wait for me if I did the same.

I have found that depending on the UI settings on PS4, it is possible to turn off the display of the other players thereby not knowing how many traces each player has (my friend had this set). I would assume that this is the same for Xbox. I will always try to message the squad if someone is short of traces and others are waiting to extract. Most of the time players are willing come off extraction to help. It would also be good for people to realise that the void fissures generally only appear when all players are close. If one player is across the other side of the map chances are the fissures aren't going to spawn and enemies won't get corrupted and drop traces.