The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not many willing to run Loki on Plague?

kwlingo

Am 26.1.2020 um 16:05 schrieb Voltage:

I prefer Nova over Loki. My philosophy is that the time saved by Loki in the drone stage is less than the time saved by Nova in the first and last stages.

You can port the drone with a nova too.

Im sry for you, that you only fund bad teams.
I did over 50 runs with people from the recruting chat and it was fine. One run was ~9min,

On 2020-01-26 at 3:24 AM, taiiat said:

to Switch Teleport the incredibly slow Drone phase, where you don't even have anything to do at all, you just hold W for a while.

the Decoy is also good for clustering up the Infested so you can progress between Hemocytes faster.

This is the reason I absolutely refuse to play plague star at all. I refuse to support 'speedrunning' in any way, and also the drone is *not* that slow. Just people are too impatient to play a mission for longer than 0.2 nanoseconds it seems.

On 2020-01-26 at 10:31 AM, kwlingo said:

When recruiting in chat no one is willing run Loki, "H Plague 3/4 LF Loki" - No one replies... "H Plague 3/4" - everyone replies! lol Then you ask them to run Loki and they either say "Nope, Dont Have. Cannot" When you check their frames built they do have Loki. lol Just because they want to do less they wont budge. Im usually the one who has to run Loki. Even so players are not willing to grab containers or even follow drone to have it move while Loki is getting into position. Even when you ask polity "please". They say its your job to move the drone and just sit by Hemo. Please if you're running a team be a part of the team please. If not solo mode always works also. "I already know some will say why don't you just go solo than?" lol

I just  soloed it with loki

12 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I refuse to support 'speedrunning' in any way

lmao what?

12 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Just people are too impatient to play a mission for longer than 0.2 nanoseconds

LMAO WHAT?!

OK hold on. You clearly don't understand the "speedrunner" mentality not to say anything about being OK with being bored to death during the drone phase when you have the tools available to speed that up unlike in the second phase where you literally stand around for 3 minutes being chummy with grineer that got drop-pod'd next to you but are somehow unalerated to your presence.

The speedrunner mentality is that shaving off 0.2 ns from a run time and time again is an indication that I am learning and improving. Improving my skills in a hobby I enjoy is pleasurable. Time, or rather time trials, are a clear indicator of improvement. I get a kick out of seeing a new personal record while having all the shiny doohickeys scanned in my codex matters not.

All that said, it's NOT ok for someone that just wants to run a mission a million times in a second to run it in pub and then get pissed when their teammates are scanning lunar pitchers or something. You'll find me in solo or in pre-made if completion time matters to me.

Edited by (NSW)Quarky
typo that I missed

31 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

-snip-

You'll be surprised on how pubs really are when it comes to certain events/mission types no matter what.

I can't play a single pub without at least one of the following happening on a guaranteed basis:

• My vauban somehow out-DPS'ing/killing a mesa/saryn
  • MR 18-28 loki's dying within the first 2 minutes of a Mercury mission, and it isn't a sortie either.
  • People trash talking you if you don't carry them

4 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

This is the reason I absolutely refuse to play plague star at all. I refuse to support 'speedrunning' in any way, and also the drone is *not* that slow. Just people are too impatient to play a mission for longer than 0.2 nanoseconds it seems.

so in other words, you think it's a good Gamemode that gives the Player things to actively do more than just W+M1.
which, it objectively doesn't, but okay.

atleast with Stage 2 you can just AFK until the Timer you're picking your nose for expires, so you can go do something else while you just wait for yet another Timer as a standin for having actual Objectives to do.

Meh i find anything works.  I don't bother with the event now.  I got what i wanted from it already.

As for loki..... hate him.  do well i have s loki prime for mastery fodder.  He only gets used gor riven challenges of killing x mobs eell wall clinging.

I use ivara for spy missions or stealth related rivens.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

so in other words, you think it's a good Gamemode that gives the Player things to actively do more than just W+M1.
which, it objectively doesn't, but okay.

atleast with Stage 2 you can just AFK until the Timer you're picking your nose for expires, so you can go do something else while you just wait for yet another Timer as a standin for having actual Objectives to do.

No. I'm saying Loki is just pure trash, always has been ever since parkour 2.0

9 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Plague Star rewards you for completing the event. The faster you do that the sooner you get rewarded. It is not about speed running; it's about learning how to finish the event as efficiently as possible. For some players that means 20 minutes; for other much less. The best thing about Plague Star is that you have multiple options that work well. Some of these options are slightly faster than others so it is up to you to decide how much your time is worth. And yes, the drone is always wasted time, especially when it spawns very far away.

52 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Wrong. 

If I cannot play a mission where somebody just *has to gOtTa Go FaSt* then don't do it with me. Play the mission in normal speed, getting sick of meta

Haha, typical. I suppose you don't bullet jump in normal missions either and probably make others wait for you with the mobile defense key. I hate to be the one to tell you this but Warframe is a fast paced game.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Haha, typical. I suppose you don't bullet jump in normal missions either and probably make others wait for you with the mobile defense key. I hate to be the one to tell you this but Warframe is a fast paced game.

I do bullet jump. But I will not tolerate lokis in my squad unless they're deliberately trying to sabotage the entire squad.

#MakeLokiGreatAgain
#BringBackTrollSwitchTeleport