Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Key Bindings/UI input options

RecalcitrantAngel

I would very much like to be able to double bind keys and have them function based on context.

For example: I would like to bind the 'E' Key to both "melee attack" and "use/interact" and thus have the E key function as a "use" button whenever I am close enough to something that I can interact with (and am facing the correct direction, etc.), but at all other times function as a melee attack button. I know many people wouldn't do this with those 2 particular actions, but it was the simplest example I could think of.

This would allow many less buttons to be "used/assigned" due to having many buttons serve dual purposes (one button doing 2 things - action A while in combat, B when not, etc.), which would therefore enable more people to play the game with potentially significantly increased QoL and/or would lessen the requirements/necessity for people to use mice with extra buttons, special gaming keyboards, etc.

Please consider this modest and (relatively) simple to implement request as I believe it would make a significant improvement to both the quality and usability/accessibility of the current UI.