Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Vote to kick player

2 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Votekicking is vastly more disruptive than someone AFKing.

If you're going into pug sessions not fully prepared to carry the entire cell, you only have yourself to blame. Assume that all three of your teammates will be useless or AFK before you deploy and you'll be fine.

what about new players being trolled by a vet?

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Hawk_of_the_Reborn:

And abusing exploits around anti-afk mechanics isn't?

Vote to Kick is the only way and you know it.

DE looks at more than just the afk timer. They look at performance and whatever you present as prove. If they just looked at the in game afk detection then there would be no point in even keeping it as reportable option. Vote kick might get that specific case solved but it would open up so much other grieving. Therefore it's not worth it. We're just running around soloing missions anyway so the actual benefit would not be all that big, except for some overly vindictive people.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

If they just looked at the in game afk detection then there would be no point in even keeping it as reportable option.

Reality check: The only reason it exists as a reportable option is to make you feel good when you use it. I've been gaming for thirty years and I have yet to see a game where reports like that are actually read by anybody.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2
Gerade eben schrieb SordidDreams:

Reality check: The only reason it exists as a reportable option to make you feel good when you use it. I've been gaming for thirty years and I have yet to see a game where reports like are actually read by anybody.

Personally I dont care about leechers because I have better things to do with my time but a person I know has recieved a few messages from DE, saying they issued a warning to a person they reported for being afk. I suspect the people claiming that reports do nothing are just overzealous in their reporting, atleast in this game.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Personally I dont care about leechers because I have better things to do with my time but a person I know has recieved a few messages from DE, saying they issued a warning to a person they reported for being afk. I suspect the people claiming that reports do nothing are just overzealous in their reporting, atleast in this game.

I'm sorry, I'm far too old to believe what the friend of a friend of some anonymous online random supposedly said.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

I remember last years plague star when I jump with some clanmate and randoms, at that time, he appear walking on spot not moving like he afk, but he actually moving along the drone in plague star. This was one example you can mistook someone for afk. Theres many like it.

Some things can look like this because peer2peer connection this game uses.

Remember warframe IS still in BETA, some of what you see on your screen sometime isnt what others see on theirs due to this game being beta

so having kick function is no no unless they can solve this issue, then maybe we can talk about kick function.

21 hours ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Remember warframe IS still in BETA, some of what you see on your screen sometime isnt what others see on theirs due to this game being beta

It isn't, and to think that connection issues like that are ever going to be resolved would be extremely naive.

vor 1 Minute schrieb SordidDreams:

I'm sorry, I'm far too old to believe what the friend of a friend of some anonymous online random supposedly said.

That's completely fair, I encourage you to try it yourself the next time you find someone afk.

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

That's completely fair, I encourage you to try it yourself the next time you find someone afk.

I couldn't count the number of times I reported somebody who did literally nothing during an entire mission. Zero kills, zero abilities used, zero pickups, just standing there the whole time. I never once received any kind of follow-up. So yes, I also encourage you to try it yourself next time, and again after that, as many times as it takes you to understand that nobody. Reads. Those. Reports.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1
vor 2 Minuten schrieb SordidDreams:

I couldn't count the number of times I reported somebody who did literally nothing during an entire mission. Zero kills, zero abilities used, zero pickups, just standing there the whole time. I never once received any kind of follow-up. So yes, I also encourage you to try it yourself next time, and the few times after that, as many times as it takes you to understand.

Well like you said, I wont just believe what some rando on the internet (you in this case) said.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

I remember last years plague star when I jump with some clanmate and randoms, at that time, he appear walking on spot not moving like he afk, but he actually moving along the drone in plague star. This was one example you can mistook someone for afk. Theres many like it.

Some things can look like this because peer2peer connection this game uses.

so having kick function is no no unless they can solve this issue, then maybe we can talk about kick function.

Its not 1 man power.  Its 3 player vote. 

And when u have like lag for example. U cant open door,  or enemy not moving or u cant hit enemy. Then i think you might leave squad. Because lag is not enjoyable isnt it?

And if my game so lag to the point cant even leave squad. I do ask teammates in chat to kick me and thanks them because of that

Edited by superiouz
Typo
vor 2 Minuten schrieb SordidDreams:

That's... why I'm telling you to try it yourself. 🤦‍♂️

Well that would require me to even find someone who is afk-leeching. I honestly couldnt tell you when I have last seen one.

• Like 1
Just now, Drachnyn said:

Well that would require me to even find someone who is afk-leeching. I honestly couldnt tell you when I have last seen one.

Try playing the game, then? In pubs rather than solo or with friends? Shouldn't take too long in my experience. Try it, you'll see.

Edited by SordidDreams
vor 48 Minuten schrieb OrSpeeder:

Well... until matchmaking improves, that would be bad idea.

For example one time I went into plains of Eidolon specifically to mine, and the game dropped me right on top of a group already doing plague star.

I didn't asked to be there.

why didnt u go solo in then?

• Like 2
Gerade eben schrieb SordidDreams:

Try playing the game, then?

Oh I am, that's why I think everyone claiming how every group has like 16 afk-leeches in them is overzealous and has no idea what they are talking about.

• Like 2

A vote kick feature will always be abused. You can't rely on good faith that people won't just kick others for the fun of it, no matter how good you believe the warframe community is.

What we actually need is 2 things.
1) A better way to report players leeching in game instead of having to take multiple screenshots and using up our time going to the support site and reporting these turds.
2) Either more support or a dedicated team to deal with such matters.

Now @superiouz Tell us how your idea of a vote kick feature can't be abused by trolls who are in groups of 2 and 3 in public matches?

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

A vote kick feature will always be abused. You can't rely on good faith that people won't just kick others for the fun of it, no matter how good you believe the warframe community is.

What we actually need is 2 things.
1) A better way to report players leeching in game instead of having to take multiple screenshots and using up our time going to the support site and reporting these turds.
2) Either more support or a dedicated team to deal with such matters.

Now @superiouz Tell us how your idea of a vote kick feature can't be abused by trolls who are in groups of 2 and 3 in public matches?

Any system can be / get abused by troll but, 3 troll is rare than 1 troll i think. 

And i do agree with your idea. But afk leech report is overreact imo. I dont mind to carry / teach newbie player to fight bosses / special mission. But if they just there at the spawn point leeching is diff story. But like i said report for being leech is just overreact in my opinion. The punish should be just kick or not getting the reward, but then again warframe have afk timer that can easily abused with just moving left and right with 0% damage 0 kill.

Maybe 5-10% damage to get the reward. But then again it can easily be abused.

1 minute ago, superiouz said:

Any system can be / get abused by troll but, 3 troll is rare than 1 troll i think. 

And i do agree with your idea. But afk leech report is overreact imo. I dont mind to carry / teach newbie player to fight bosses / special mission. But if they just there at the spawn point leeching is diff story. But like i said report for being leech is just overreact in my opinion. The punish should be just kick or not getting the reward, but then again warframe have afk timer that can easily abused with just moving left and right with 0% damage 0 kill.

Then why introduce a system that can get abused? DE has stated they don't want a kick system, the majority of players don't want a kick system and the simple reason is because it will get abused, however unlikely you personally believe it would be.

Reporting AFK Leechers is not an overreaction, they are relying on others to complete the objective for them with 0 input, this is not accidental, this is intentional behaviour, if you want to be a kind person and make up excuses for them then you're a fool. They are violating the rules. You don't have to be a genius to know how to implement punishments for this kind of behaviour. 1 off report over an extended period = probably something came up leave them be. 2-4 reports over an extended period = plausible they were busy so give them the benefit of the doubt. 5+ reports issue warning. Continued behaviour then cut them off from the game for 24 hours. etc etc;

However just improving the report feature solves this problem. A kick system will never be welcomed. Feel free to spend some time exploring the search feature on the forums to see the history (which you should have done before posting this thread)

vor 8 Minuten schrieb superiouz:

If you want to punish a behavior you need to put up a threat. A person wont get punished for doing it just once, so dont worry about that. If they just stand around spawn then 1 or 2 F6 screenshots should be enough throughout the mission. 

0% damage is not a very reliable way of telling if someone is afk either. A lot of missions dont actually require a single bullet to be fired. Spy, Rescue, mobile defense, hijack, defection, interception, capture (if someone is faster than you), sabotage, ...

I'm actually glad new mission end UI hides stats in another screen because way too many people take those stats way too seriously.

• Like 1