Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a proper alt-fire toggle for Kuva Quartakk?

Larsurus

Can we have a proper alt-fire toggle for Kuva Quartakk? I loved the original Quartakk but the Kuva variant is so awkward with the zoom enabled fire mode. Why did you make it that way when a proper toggle would have been so much more intuitive and fun? Please change this.

Thanks

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Larsurus said:

Can we have a proper alt-fire toggle for Kuva Quartakk?

Please can we not?

The fire from hip mode introduced with the Quatz is far better than the toggle on older weapons. It's far more fluid to just spray for status and aim down sights for crit and it's much easier to use than toggle.

11 hours ago, Larsurus said:

Why did you make it that way when a proper toggle would have been so much more intuitive and fun?

It isn't. I hate using toggle mode rifles with their clunky click-alt-fire-and-then-fire mechanic. 

I'm not alone in that - the only weapon in the toggle category that's remotely popular is the Tiberion Prime, and it's crazy damage with an insane riven dispo. DE know that toggle weapons are not popular, but the Quatz was a hit.

11 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

While we're at it, please add a firemode toggle for Euphona Prime and Tenora as well. Please. They badly, badly need it

The Tenora would really benefit from this as well, especially on console where default binding for alt fire is click thumbstick, making it really hard to aim while firing (kind of a problem when that's your critical fire mode).

Edited by (XB1)KayAitch

11 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Please can we not?

The fire from hip mode introduced with the Quatz is far better than the toggle on older weapons. It's far more fluid to just spray for status and aim down sights for crit and it's much easier to use than toggle.

11 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

It isn't. I hate using toggle mode rifles with their clunky click-alt-fire-and-then-fire mechanic. 

I'm not alone in that - the only weapon in the toggle category that's remotely popular is the Tiberion Prime, and it's crazy damage with an insane riven dispo. DE know that toggle weapons are not popular, but the Quatz was a hit.

Sounds more like a console problem then. I actually enjoy being able to use my guns from a distance and aim my shots properly since I don't have aim assist like consoles do. And if I'm not mistaken, Fulmin is pretty damn popular. Why? Because it has good stats. Popularity has nothing to do with the toggle aspect itself.

Being able to aim with both fire modes is just common sense.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

Being able to aim with both fire modes is just common sense

You can, just pull the trigger before aiming. Sure, you'll lose some accuracy, but then spray fire mode loses accuracy anyway.

47 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

I actually enjoy being able to use my guns from a distance and aim my shots properly since I don't have aim assist like consoles do

I don't think Warframe has much aim assist, but it's beside the point - if you want to aim then aim, and while aiming you get a load more crit.

If this was primarily a full auto weapon I might agree, but it really really isn't. It's a Quartakk - the base weapon gets a massive crit boost, plus it gets a spray fire mode with high status.

It's not a full-auto weapon with a different fire mode when aiming, it's a 4-round burst weapon with a new fire from hip mode.

51 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

Fulmin is pretty damn popular. Why? Because it has good stats. Popularity has nothing to do with the toggle aspect itself.

I'll give you that, but when was the last time you used it's rapid alt fire over the silent crit arca-plasmor default mode? It's a bonus for burning down nullifiers and that's about it.

I think you don't want fluid switching on the Fulmin - both fire modes are situational and you want to be careful switching when one makes noise and the other doesn't.

56 minutes ago, Larsurus said:

Sounds more like a console problem then

For the Tenora (where alt fire is the crit mode) yes, but not here.

Toggling modes is a PitA cognitively and where split second timing matters. It works when you're either using one mode or the other, and the Fulmin is a really good example of that. For the Tiberion it ruins the gun - I want to snap off a headshot at this tough target, spray this crowd, but I have to toggle through three modes and then do it. Keeping track of the current mode (on top of various abilities, buffs, combos, missions, etc) is an unnecessary distraction, and it takes time to switch.

With the Kuva Quartakk it's effortless to switch in the heat of battle, it's one of the best features of the weapon.

In any case - we can agree to disagree, that's the great thing about this game. I can use the Quatz and Quartakk, you can have the Tiberion Prime - which is already the amazing, endgame viable, good riven dispo, toggle-fire assault rifle that you want.

18 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I'll give you that, but when was the last time you used it's rapid alt fire over the silent crit arca-plasmor default mode? It's a bonus for burning down nullifiers and that's about it.

I think you don't want fluid switching on the Fulmin - both fire modes are situational and you want to be careful switching when one makes noise and the other doesn't.

With the Kuva Quartakk it's effortless to switch in the heat of battle, it's one of the best features of the weapon.

In any case - we can agree to disagree, that's the great thing about this game. I can use the Quatz and Quartakk, you can have the Tiberion Prime - which is already the amazing, endgame viable, good riven dispo, toggle-fire assault rifle that you want.

I use the Auto mode on Fulmin exclusively.  If something is close enough to use the silent mode, I have other ways to deal with them.  BUT I want to be able to aim so that I can hit better at a distance.

That said, I like the Kuva Quartakk switching, because I actually use both and this way there's no delay and awkward switch process.