The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Celestial Syandana, next night wave reward?

(XBOX)AlatusU

I know a few people who have the syandana and have extreme disappointment over the fact that you HAVE to play conclave daily to keep its glowing beauty. I’m thinking that since conclave is a ghost town that it be added into the next night wave asa reward and that it ALWAYS stay lit up rather than doing certain things to keep it going.

Edited by (XB1)Cephalon Vol

It would be much better to see DE working on pvp improvements and ways to encourage playing it than just putting the rewards somewhere else in an attempt to cater to people who simply wants pvp rewards without playing conclave.

But hey! I'm sure someone else will come to throw the usual "majority", "toxiciity", "PvP bad", "collectionists" or "casual PvE game" arguments as it happens every single time someone mentions improving PvP (specially since you've already used the "ghost town" meme in your post).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

It would be much better to see DE working on pvp improvements and ways to encourage playing it than just putting the rewards somewhere else in an attempt to cater to people who simply wants pvp rewards without playing conclave.

But hey! I'm sure someone else will come to throw the usual "majority", "toxiciity", "PvP bad", "collectionists" or "casual PvE game" arguments as it happens every single time someone mentions improving PvP (specially since you've already used the "ghost town" meme in your post).

Well I believe they at least should start with fixing obviously broken stuff (like current melee in Conclave) that was basically carried over from the melee rework.

But regarding people, man, you can't make it more attractive to them. Considering there are people being rather vocal about complete removal of Conclave (even though its existance doesn't affect PvE players in the slightest), I don't think they will play it even if rewards include free bjs.

Also, a lot of this community is very allergic to actual challenge, and when people do mention challenges, it usually boils down to "bullet sponges that can take the BIG NUMBERS from my godly riven guns". I mean hell, a lot of people got really frustrated over having to lose one revive (out of at least 4) from a failed stab on a Lich... You can't expect them to play PvP. So instead of trying to cater to primarly PvE people, it should be improved for those who want to play PvP in the first place.

As someone who is primarly PvE and plays conclave to break up the routine somewhat, I would prefer to 1: obvious broken mechanics that got carried over from latest updates being fixed and 2: maybe some PvE progression rewards, like potatoes, formas, maybe resource or affinity tokens. And exclusive conclave cosmetics should stay exclusive IMHO.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

I don't think the implementation of the syandana as NW reward is necessary, don't know about you but I want new stuff from nightwave but I must agree with the fact that an always glowing syandana would be nice, anyways almost no one plays conclave and those who keep playing are (in the majority) very nice at pvp so it is hard to enjoy the conclave for other players.

I would rather have the Conclave improved on than have its rewards cheaply ripped from it and placed else where. I know players will say, "Raids got taken away and its rewards redistributed, why can't Conclave". That thought process is garbage and that kind of development process behavior should NOT be promoted to DE. The removal of content does not add more content, it instead steals experiences from the players.

13 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Also, a lot of this community is very allergic to actual challenge, and when people do mention challenges, it usually boils down to "bullet sponges that can take the BIG NUMBERS from my godly riven guns". I mean hell, a lot of people got really frustrated over having to lose one revive (out of at least 4) from a failed stab on a Lich... You can't expect them to play PvP. So instead of trying to cater to primarly PvE people, it should be improved for those who want to play PvP in the first place.

This resonates... 

I'm starting to become of the opinion that if Conclave had a big player base, it wouldn't consist of the current PvE player base. It would be new people who want a PvP challenge. 

As for the syandana, putting it in nightwave defeats its purpose. It would instantly lose its value. I personally don't care, but wouldn't oppose the idea of making it easier to keep lit once obtained. 

• Like 2

On 2020-01-27 at 5:52 AM, (XB1)Cephalon Vol said:

I know a few people who have the syandana and have extreme disappointment over the fact that you HAVE to play conclave daily to keep its glowing beauty. I’m thinking that since conclave is a ghost town that it be added into the next night wave asa reward and that it ALWAYS stay lit up rather than doing certain things to keep it going.

it would be ok to have something like a "Nightwave cape" instead that gets lets say, darker and more menacing (like in the word "Night-Wave") the more ranks in current "season pass" you have. Wouldn't it be more appealing to you? rather than just get next syandana that someone can't activate flames becuase that one absolutely hate PvP?