Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NovusKnight

Simple, accessible set-up that effortlessly kills Kuva Liches

Through some experimentation (and this mind you, comes from someone who has killed no more than 10 or so liches, so I'm possibly not saying something new, just thought I'd share for those who don't know) I came up with a very easy to use, easy to put-together build that in my opinion makes a joke of Kuva Liches. it doesn't insta-kill them or anything, but it has very, VERY fast kill-time, while being possible the safest option I can think of.

GEAR:

-Loki with Hushed Invisibility and a TON of duration

-Knell with a few forma and prime crit mods

Knell has absolutely obsene damage, on par with most snipers. yet snipers have ammo economy issues, or shoot too slow to really keep up high DPS.

Knell happens to, when properly used, function as a fully-automatic sniper-rifle that has damage similar to.. I'll say Vectis Prime or Snipetron Vandal (Rubico Prime and Lanka probably still beat it in single-shot damage)... that has no ammo problems whatsoever. it will continue fighting for as long as you hit at least a single headshot within a few seconds. it is literaly an endless source of very, VERY damaging bullets aimed right at where it hurts, and the recoil is absolutely manageable.

now, liches stand tall, and their head is always exposed. with Hushed invisibility, you can freely unload into their face and they cannot shoot back. they can't see you. they can't hear you. they flinch and react to damage, but they don't seem to use any abilities, or even try and hit you blindly if they carry AoE weapons. my last lich had a Kuva Ogris, which could have effortlessly caught me in its blast and one-shotted me, but they still would not use it. I killed my last 3 liches at level five under a single use of Invisibility - it is *that* fast.

I have been lucky enough to get a nice Knell riven that increases crit damage and fire-rate, but the principle still applies. since Kuva Liches are status-proof, crit is really the best option, and for this specific situation, I can assure you - a well modded Knell works wonders. without a riven it'll probably take a minute or two more, perhaps you need to re-cast invisibility a couple times, but it will still be much simpler than having to face-tank the lich, deal with concentrated fire, getting grappled, or simply having your aim thrown off all the time by abilityes (radiation liches are pretty annoying, thye swap teleport, create duplicates and sometimes disarm you, Loki style).

this build made me not feel bored or frustrated out of my mind when dealing with level 5 liches, which get seriously annoying and invalidate several common builds.

Hope this helps. 😉

Цитата

Simple, accessible set-up that effortlessly kills Kuva Liches

is even more simple than that

latest?cb=20141211171927

Invisibility is a win button already. Same with any weapon with a decent riven. 

I just iron skin and vigorously apply rivened kohm to their face. 

I'd argue the term 'accessible' should not be used with "just get a good riven"

I just use Octavia and watch and dance as the Lich focuses on the Mallet. If I want faster clearing, then I take out my rattleguts and just unload bullets on the Lich's head but they just kill themselves with the mallet most of the time, so yeah.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Another surprisingly good combo is Wukong's celestial twin with a sepfahn nikana. Rips liches apart, no effort or riven required

I actually found it to be a very fun weapon just for general use setting it up as a "critical weapon" only.   When you are willing to use it without primed reach (e.g. specific target killing) you can put both sacrificial steel and bloodrush on it.  

2 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

I actually found it to be a very fun weapon just for general use setting it up as a "critical weapon" only.   When you are willing to use it without primed reach (e.g. specific target killing) you can put both sacrificial steel and bloodrush on it.  

Mine just has sacrificial steel, but it's running a riven that lets me have viral and radiation on it. Tears through liches like butter, even through they have ferrite armor instead of alloy

killing Liches isn't the problem, the murmur grind and requiem guessing can be seen as one though. usually in public games everyone carries at least one meta weapon or uses a meta frame like Mesa, and everyone bands together to take down a Lich, so they don't last that long even at rank 5.

it's not that it's hard, it's just tedious sometimes, especially that grind for the last murmur, which is way too long IMO.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

killing Liches isn't the problem, the murmur grind and requiem guessing can be seen as one though. usually in public games everyone carries at least one meta weapon or uses a meta frame like Mesa, and everyone bands together to take down a Lich, so they don't last that long even at rank 5.

it's not that it's hard, it's just tedious sometimes, especially that grind for the last murmur, which is way too long IMO.

May I suggest the method I've been using since I discovered it on these very forums about a week after the update came out for us?

If your lich spawns, farm the thralls, but only stab it if you have a newly discovered requiem to test on it. Can routinely kill your lich permanently in 2-3 hours of this solo, I imagine it'll be a bit faster with others