Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luciole77

Problems with railjack.

Recommended Posts

I played railjack as soon as I left and played it in public and it was a very bad experience, with huge bugs, lack of explanation of commands and basic tutorials when using one thing and another. I played enough to get some basic pieces and resources. I made all the places on earth. A while later I wanted to play alone and it was also an experience that mixed a lot of indignation, frustration and anger.

I will point out what I realized in the game.

1-Enemies fly much faster than our ship.


2-Crews enter our ship at all times preventing us from shooting down enemy ships and still having to deal with repairs and resource management.


3-Lack of tutorial on keys used inside railjack. I was just discovering the L key watching videos on youtube .... and I still don't know how to use other resources due to this obscurity of the game over time that always sinned in the tutorial part. There is more talk of enemies than self-explanation ... the cephalon cy is useless as always!


4-Our ship with some mods equipped and upgraded is still not enough to withstand the shots of enemy ships.


5-Every 5 missions attempted 4 failed due to inconsistency of enemies or artificial intelligence. I have to stay at a distance killing one by one so as not to attract everyone at the same time ... other times everyone came together to destroy my ship and together with crew ships.


6-The excess of things to be done in the game. Repair, manage resources, kill enemy ships, invade enemy ships and with that our ship is still taking damage non-stop making it an at least terrible and unacceptable experience.


7-Too many enemies to be exterminated is the same as cooperative games leaving players who like to play alone at severe disadvantage.


8-The difficulty of being able to spot resources in space .... because there is still no mini-map showing them? Extending our stay on the ship unnecessarily. Or put icons indicating features as well as the mods you made recently!


9-Using archwing to kill enemy ships only demonstrates the ship's total imbalance with the archwing ....


10- Make tutorials on how to use the ship's commands already mentioned in item 3. Make the cephalon cy something more useful to teach how to operate the ship and delegate at least 1 task to it. For example, resource management or ship repair. Why are there fire containment mods if I don't even know how to activate this myself? Of course ... there was no explanation from the cephalon CY ... he just keeps saying that enemy ships are coming or that they were destroyed!

This new game mode needs affection because it's really fun to kill enemy ships in space and admire the landscape from space. Railjack has a lot of potential to be improved and made more viable to be played .... but will it receive the proper attention? Or will it be forgotten?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

2-Crews enter our ship at all times preventing us from shooting down enemy ships and still having to deal with repairs and resource management.

Shoot the crew pods launched by the crew ships, Cy even warns you about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Shoot the crew pods launched by the crew ships, Cy even warns you about it

the problem is....i cant pay attention in all tasks! Im under fire non-stop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might help to know what the railjack you are using looks like. With a fully upgraded railjack, you don't really run into these problems. I would actually like them to ramp up pretty much everything, because the missions actually get really easy. Soloing can be a bit tricky sometimes, but even with 2 people it can already get boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

the problem is....i cant pay attention in all tasks! Im under fire non-stop!

I know, the experience is painful in solo. But if you let Crew Pods hit you, you'll be even more on fire, not even talking about mobs harassing you when piloting. :tongue:

If you have access to the Veil, it could be a good idea to look for Void Cloak so that you can have some tranquillity to fix your ship, craft flux or destroy one or two crewships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I know, the experience is painful in solo. But if you let Crew Pods hit you, you'll be even more on fire, not even talking about mobs harassing you when piloting. :tongue:

If you have access to the Veil, it could be a good idea to look for Void Cloak so that you can have some tranquillity to fix your ship, craft flux or destroy one or two crewships.

How i  can use this thing? no idea....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luciole77 said:

How i  can use this thing? no idea....

Do you have it ? If you do:

- Equip in Tactical Avionics

- Hit L while in the mission

- Use (on the left of the UI) !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

Do you have it ? If you do:

- Equip in Tactical Avionics

- Hit L while in the mission

- Use (on the left of the UI) !

i dont have this yet...for obivious reason....fire non-stop!🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Railjack really sucks for the first few missions. The ship is under equipped to the point where a 1 vs 1 with a Cutter is a fair fight. We've all been there. 

 

As someone who has solo'd their way from Saturn to the veil, I've learned a few things:

Enemies only spawn near asteroids. 

Apoc and carcinox have infinite range. 

Enemies have a guaranteed engagement range if you fire 3km away from them. Beyond 5km they will only engage you if you land a hit on them. 

When engaged they will fly in a straight line towards you. Which means you can get a lot of hits in. 

Crew ships you can leave them until you've taken out all fighters, as they won't chase you if you shoot them. Board them as archwing by sneaking up on their rear. 

If the crew ship is on yellow or red alert, and there are no other ships nearby, shoot it with a radiation weapon, the proc will reset its alert status to unalerted. 

 

My hands are cold, I'm out walking the kubrows, but I'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only is the mode basically a alpha release and released too early. It's not a solo mode. It can be done solo. But it's not primarily designed around it. Specially with a freshly made ship and not knowing what's going on.

You're better off joining other players. Piggybacking off them tell you can get mk3 equipment for yourself in the veil. Then you can solo more comfortably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

1-Enemies fly much faster than our ship.

No they don't. Even with a default engine and the 'drift' instrinsic you are faster or match speeds depending on the fighter, and you become considerably faster with upgrades.

21 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

2-Crews enter our ship at all times preventing us from shooting down enemy ships and still having to deal with repairs and resource management.

Crewships and objectives do this. Managing your positioning will prevent objectives from interfering, allowing you to focus on crewships. Crewships will also predictably fire a ramsled as soon as they get in range, so you can predict when one will be coming with reasonable accuracy. With intrinsics, the slingshot also has greater range than a ramsled, allowing a crew to deal with a crewship long before it has the chance to launch.

24 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

3-Lack of tutorial on keys used inside railjack. I was just discovering the L key watching videos on youtube .... and I still don't know how to use other resources due to this obscurity of the game over time that always sinned in the tutorial part. There is more talk of enemies than self-explanation ... the cephalon cy is useless as always!

That's a fair criticism. At least some kind of Orientation would be much appreciated. Have Cy give a tour of the ship, putting names to each room, and explaining what you do in each part. 

25 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

4-Our ship with some mods equipped and upgraded is still not enough to withstand the shots of enemy ships.

Enemy crewships and Outriders, most others deal far less damage individually. Target prioritisation is important. Outrider mines can be destroyed via guns, and they are quick to deal with utilising missiles or with reasonably well-upgraded weapons. Crewships are of course the top priority.

There's nothing wrong with enemies that require target prioritisation.

26 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

5-Every 5 missions attempted 4 failed due to inconsistency of enemies or artificial intelligence. I have to stay at a distance killing one by one so as not to attract everyone at the same time ... other times everyone came together to destroy my ship and together with crew ships.

I've not had issues with them swarming. Yes it's dangerous, but proper handling can rectify the situation. I'd recommend sticking to asteroid or debris fields if you're having trouble, they provide extra cover and enemy ships will occasionally crash, destroying themselves. You're a sitting duck in the open, and whilst it provides clearer shots, if you're having issues surviving yourself it's probably worth taking a hit to your offense to improve your defence. Part of how I got through Veil missions solo with a mostly-stock ship.

27 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

6-The excess of things to be done in the game. Repair, manage resources, kill enemy ships, invade enemy ships and with that our ship is still taking damage non-stop making it an at least terrible and unacceptable experience.

It IS supposed to be a co-op experience in this co-op game, even speaking as a solo player. There needs to be something for everyone to do. If you choose to take it on alone, you're also choosing to take on all the burdens.

Nevertheless, good prioritisation and tactical avionics can help mitigate this. I'd recommend fire suppression - it gives an opportunity to quickly deal with fires and electrical hazards as they start creeping up on you.

29 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

7-Too many enemies to be exterminated is the same as cooperative games leaving players who like to play alone at severe disadvantage.

Spoiler

Image result for halo then it is an even fight

It's personal preference. I know some people have been asking for something like this for on-foot for years.

30 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

8-The difficulty of being able to spot resources in space .... because there is still no mini-map showing them? Extending our stay on the ship unnecessarily. Or put icons indicating features as well as the mods you made recently!

Very fair criticism. It's deeply frustrating, and the vacuum is much too small. It's space, there's large distances involved in three dimensions, you can't expect somebody to cover a single spot multiple times like you can for on-foot.

31 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

9-Using archwing to kill enemy ships only demonstrates the ship's total imbalance with the archwing ....

Also agreed. Arch-guns are actively nerfed in Railjack, and whilst I can understand that to some degree, it's overdone. Archwing can be a viable option alongside Railjack, because, with some proper balancing, they both offer significant benefits in accordance with their size.

If nothing else, some proper archwing segments with archwing enemies would be nice. It could even lead into a set piece where you can then bring the Raijack against these far smaller and less durable enemies.

36 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

10- Make tutorials on how to use the ship's commands already mentioned in item 3. Make the cephalon cy something more useful to teach how to operate the ship and delegate at least 1 task to it. For example, resource management or ship repair. Why are there fire containment mods if I don't even know how to activate this myself? Of course ... there was no explanation from the cephalon CY ... he just keeps saying that enemy ships are coming or that they were destroyed!

A repeated point, but admittedly one that bears repeating.

Just because it's not available for new players doesn't mean that established players will be able to intuit all the new controls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd recommend you to do the same thing I did;

- crew-hop your way through all missions and keep grindin in Veil til you got a full set of decent MK3 parts

- THEN start building your ship

- always stay after mission end and farm ressources. Titanium especially.

- Check the Wiki for drop locations. For example, I wanted Zetki Hyperstrike (+121% turret damage) which drops on Kasio's Rest on Saturn Proxima. Spent 2 weeks grinding there till I got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Not only is the mode basically a alpha release and released too early. It's not a solo mode. It can be done solo. But it's not primarily designed around it. Specially with a freshly made ship and not knowing what's going on.

You're better off joining other players. Piggybacking off them tell you can get mk3 equipment for yourself in the veil. Then you can solo more comfortably.

I dont wanna play coop in railjack.....coop games are just terrible due to host migrations, leechers and others...hard to understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My suggestion...play solo since beggining, no mods, no instrisincs....go there and fell what is railjack solo! Dont blame who wants solo experience ok?!

Probally you guys played in coop because its much more easy right? And now with all stuffs its "easy"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

My suggestion...play solo since beggining, no mods, no instrisincs....go there and fell what is railjack solo! Dont blame who wants solo experience ok?!

Probally you guys played in coop because its much more easy right? And now with all stuffs its "easy"...

We play coop because we have friends and its how the gamemode was intended to be played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jaclyn said:

We play coop because we have friends and its how the gamemode was intended to be played.

so...eidolon i can do solo....profit taker same....

why not railjack too? Explain yourself....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

My suggestion...play solo since beggining, no mods, no instrisincs....go there and fell what is railjack solo! Dont blame who wants solo experience ok?!

Probally you guys played in coop because its much more easy right? And now with all stuffs its "easy"...

Several of us did exactly that. It's not easy to pull it out solo, does require quite a bit of patience and research, as well as time to grind for stuff.

And failure is part of that process, as is what you learn from it.

You haven't posted anything about how your Railjack is currently built, what you have access to, what are your intrinsics, which areas are you trying to solo, etc. Hard to be more helpful not knowing any of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luciole77 said:

so...eidolon i can do solo....profit taker same....

why not railjack too? Explain yourself....!

Because it's been said by DE that this game mode is intended to be cooperative. I'm impressed by the amount of people that are offended because there's a cooperative mode in a cooperative multiplayer game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luciole77 said:

so...eidolon i can do solo....profit taker same....

why not railjack too? Explain yourself....!

Because you have good gear and experience.

Once you have good gear, Railjack becomes solo-able. I was in the Veil on a 90% stock ship. That 10% upgrade and learning skills and tricks went a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luciole77 said:

so...eidolon i can do solo....profit taker same....

why not railjack too? Explain yourself....!

Can you solo eidolons and profit taker with unmodded frames and unmodded weapons? Just like your arguement above about " My suggestion...play solo since beggining, no mods, no instrisincs.... ".

 

I can solo in railjack now i have progressed through the gamemode. Just like you did with Eidolons and Profit Taker, flush out your arguement before you contradict yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

so...eidolon i can do solo....profit taker same....

why not railjack too? Explain yourself....!

I already posted how to solo with a basic ship. You ignored it and kept complaining. You're just here to rant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you played much with this game mode because everything you said is just wrong.

Especially the ship being weak even fully upgraded. I completed a lot of missions alone. I can do Gian Point with blindfolds on basically. And same is true about everyone who really played Rj.

I met a squad that blazed through Gian point in 5 minutes. Just one shotting every crew ship. And that can be done even in solo with the correct avionics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

I dont wanna play coop in railjack.....coop games are just terrible due to host migrations, leechers and others...hard to understand?

So... Don't play the game? Hard to understand that a multiplayer game is expected to be played with other people? Go play a single player game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find frustrating how limiting railjack is, you only have 2 ways to destroy enemy crewship, arty or destroy core, draining it's health only temporarily disables it. There's only one game mode, no actual free roam, asteroid mining, infiltrate or any current existing game mode. No godzilla fight in atmospheric railjack (they will add them I'm sure but this is the current situation).

A lot of the battle avionics are cool but useless pass earth like Seeker Volley or Fiery Phoenix. It would be great if they scale with enemy.

armor scaling of railjack grineers are broken and they seems to deal extra damage too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd recommend not bothering with responses to this thread. OP has demonstrated a consistent unwillingness to actually listen to advice, or anything that doesn't match their opinion of the mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...