Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Priming A (Lvl 30) Weapon Or Warframe = Primed Level 1?

ohmyforce

Question

**EDIT** as others have suggested, I meant to say 'upgrade' Warframes and Weapons rather than 'prime' using Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors respectively. -thanks to all who contributed!

Hi,

I am new to the game and enjoying it.

I have reached Level 30 in my Excalibur warframe, rifle, pistol and am working up my Level 20 Scindo -a Blueprint I attained via the daily login reward, nice!

Will 'priming' weapons and warframes 'reset' their 'level'?

Thanks in advance!

G

NB: if priming resets level then one should prime ASAP?

Edited by ohmyforce

9 answers to this question

It would be great if you got a little bonus on a stat if you forma or even if that is too much for some people to handle, a cool effect depending on how many times you have formaed a weapon and/or frame. There really needs to be a much more incentive than just the symbol that lowers the cost. Having to spend all the time in leveling a weapon or frame over and over just to get a little bit in a reduction of a mod is not really worth the amount of effort that you have to put in to do it.  

Welcome fellow Tenno.

Let me get few things straight first: i take it by 'priming' you mean using forma on weapons. Yes, it will reset their level and it will let you to choose a polarisation each time you use forma on a lvl 30 weapon. Just keep in mind that you wont get mastery points for leveling these weapons back to lvl 30. But if you think it will change your weapon it its Prime version - it wont. Primes are separate weapons. You can make Prime weapons only by collecting their parts and blueprints from Void missions (with an exception of Skana Prime and Lato Prime which are only availible for Master and Grand Master founders). 

It would be great if you got a little bonus on a stat if you forma or even if that is too much for some people to handle, a cool effect depending on how many times you have formaed a weapon and/or frame. There really needs to be a much more incentive than just the symbol that lowers the cost. Having to spend all the time in leveling a weapon or frame over and over just to get a little bit in a reduction of a mod is not really worth the amount of effort that you have to put in to do it.  

The incentive is having the mod cost reduced by half, using forma on a weapon/frame a couple of times and having installed a reactor/catalyst can make you utilize a weapon/frame to it's full potential. And yes, I think It would be too much for what you are suggesting as some people would just forma they're frame/catalyst as many times as the game allows as it gives them little bonuses. and also, some would see it as DE making this a Pay-To-Win game for people would be purchasing forma off the market at insane numbers.

Have you yourself tried to use forma? 50% reduction is not little btw.

Hi,

Thank you, everyone who replied!

Firstly, yes, I was referring to upgrading rather 'Priming'. I will edit my original post to avoid confusion, thank you for the clarification!

So if I have it correctly:

Forma:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Forma

Let's you 'Polarise' an individual Mod 'slot'.

Orokin Reactor and Catalyst:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Catalyst

Respectively double the capacity of a Warframe or Weapon's Mod slots. So for example a Rank 1 weapon would have a Mod capacity of 2, and at Rank 30, 60. This does not double the number of Mod slots, but rather the capacity of each and every Mod slot -cool!

Also:

Forma can only be applied at Rank 30.

Orokin Catalyst/Reactor can be applied at any Rank.

Either action will reset Rank. **EDIT** Either action will reset the weapon or warframe's Level.

Welcome fellow Tenno.

Let me get few things straight first: i take it by 'priming' you mean using forma on weapons. Yes, it will reset their level and it will let you to choose a polarisation each time you use forma on a lvl 30 weapon. Just keep in mind that you wont get mastery points for leveling these weapons back to lvl 30. But if you think it will change your weapon it its Prime version - it wont. Primes are separate weapons. You can make Prime weapons only by collecting their parts and blueprints from Void missions (with an exception of Skana Prime and Lato Prime which are only availible for Master and Grand Master founders). 

Thank you!  I can now see the merits or both Forma and Orokin upgrades --and also the downsides! I guess it boils down to one's decision of how much time one feels worthwhile to invest in ones Weapon or Warframe.

Thank you all for the input!
Edited by ohmyforce

So if I have it correctly:

Forma:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Forma

Let's you 'Polarise' an individual Mod 'slot'.

Oricon Reactor and Catalyst:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Catalyst

Respectively double the capacity of a Warframe or Weapon's Mod slots. So for example a Rank 1 weapon would have a Mod capacity of 2, and at Rank 30, 60. This does not double the number of Mod slots, but rather the capacity of each and every Mod slot -cool!

Also:

Forma can only be applied at Rank 30.

Orokin Catalyst/Reactor can be applied at any Rank.

Either action will reset Rank.

You do not reset rank (go back to unranked) when applying an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst, only when you use a Forma on the weapon or warframe.

You do not reset rank (go back to unranked) when applying an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst, only when you use a Forma on the weapon or warframe.

Hi JukeBoxx831,

Thanks for clarifying that. There are some very subtle differences -but important ones -across the Warframe vocabulary aren't there? Hihi. I've corrected my post thank you. I meant to say when applying an Orokin Reactor, Orokin Catalyst or Forma will reset the Level of the weapon or warframe.

Thanks again, I'm really enjoying the game and find the community spirit very helpful -cheers!