Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the average Warframe player getting worse?

(PSN)SrebX

1 hour ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

More and more each and every day, it feels like the game is getting filled with plain awful players and clueless idiots.

we are having old players return that have no idea about the changes an some are having harder time getting used to all these changes.
then we have players that have been around but yet refuse to take time to practice an learn about there weapons an warframes.
thus causing this.

It's one thing that always, since I've started playing the game about 8 months ago, I've been having a hard time finding players for longer endurance runs and more challenging runs. It's not for everyone, and however annoying that it, it's understandable.

its cause of the motivation to do endurance runs is quite limited. as people see it as why go beyond what you know you can easily do when you can do series of smaller runs to get simliar results. while also knowing they could lose it all due to mission fail or sudden lose of connectionthose who are more inclined to endurance runs are people that are wanting to farm for materials or to farm for a item in particular.

But I don't know guys. Today I've had to carry 3 ppl who died after 1 rotation of excavators in Excavation Arbitration. All 3 died, after 1 freakin' rotation, and after I've revived all of them guess what happened? They died again and quit.

they probbily didn't put much thought into what they brought as seen people that have gone in that brought standard gear an end up aborting cause they dont understand why everything is so tough right away.
thus why i always try to bring a frame that is more suited for the mission but also that could be benifical to the team, but when in random parties this hard cause you could run into a full squad using the same frames.

I don't know guys, It really feels more and more like veterans are quitting the game and all that's left are clueless idiots, who make me want to quit the game as well because they make everything so damn difficult.

alot of vets get burned out on the game an so take breaks after they get through the content an others have wanted to take a break an found other games that have taken there interests away from warframe
there are alot of players that often put very lil thought into the game as heck had people in a public cetus mission doing a riven challenge when should have just set to private not to leech a bounty while wasting peoples time. 

don't expect anything from anyone. do not leave jobs up to those who will do it worse than you could yourself.
there are no set rules. only player etiquette.
you are not obligated to use public lobbies or even use recruiting.  nothing in this game after a certain point requires or asks you to be in a squad.

you have a choice.  either learn to play solo to avoid being annoyed by casuals or learn to ignore other people doing worse than you

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

And COME ON, don't tell me you can actually achieve THAT much more dmg than anyone else while not killing A LOT more enemies, unless I'd be actively trying to do so

Well, when I deal upwards of 500k damage with a single rubico shot to an enemy with 2000 hp... it's going to take the Saryn ~250 kills with spores to match my damage output. Yes, I WILL tell you that I can routinely outdamage Saryn with this strategy while killing x10 or fewer enemies. Spores deal MANY ticks of LITTLE damage, overkill is essentially not something Saryn does.

Also, I don't think "lining up the shot" should take any time, really. This isn't conclave, the AI is more or less conga lining up for you to headshot them.

• Like 2

More and more each and every day, it feels like the game is getting filled with plain awful players and clueless idiots.

Or your standards just keep going up, while your tolerance goes down.

Due to balance restructuring, having the easiest cheesiest builds is less an obvious and mandatory path, which is good.
It also means there are mixed results, which you should see in a game with so many options surrounding personal preference.

• Like 1

IDK. I've been getting Frost bubble spammers and Slowas on defense since forever. It was always like that in PUGs. You either explain to those people, politely, what they are doing wrong, or leave the group. No third option.

Edited by Serafim_94
  • Like 1

I'll give you an insight into why I think this thought occurs.

#1. When players ask what the, "best place for x is," we tell them. They didn't have to learn, test, find out, or get that practice along the way.
#2. When players ask what the, "best weapons are," we tell them...
Frames?
How to mod?
Where to go?
What to buy?

We taught them to cut every single last corner, bypass every single challenge... and wonder why they have no idea how it works?

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

Только что, kapn655321 сказал:

I'll give you an insight into why I think this thought occurs.

#1. When players ask what the, "best place for x is," we tell them. They didn't have to learn, test, find out, or get that practice along the way.
#2. When players ask what the, "best weapons are," we tell them...
Frames?
How to mod?
Where to go?
What to buy?

We taught them to cut every single last corner, bypass every single challenge... and wonder why they have no idea how it works?

And then we tell them to go level at Draco, to make sure they never actually play the game.

Don't get me wrong, those other players sound terrible, but the damage done stat really is completely and utterly meaningless in every way under any circumstance. There are no qualifiers around it. I am completely sympathetic to the situation you are describing up until the point you mention that irrelevant stat. At that point it's "glass house, don't throw stones", "pot, kettle, black", "a little humiiity goes a long way" :-P.

I mean, if you're going to put your ego on display, then you should be certain to make sure you are absolutely, unequivocally, 100% right in your supporting statements.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Well, when I deal upwards of 500k damage with a single rubico shot to an enemy with 2000 hp... it's going to take the Saryn ~250 kills with spores to match my damage output. Yes, I WILL tell you that I can routinely outdamage Saryn with this strategy while killing x10 or fewer enemies. Spores deal MANY ticks of LITTLE damage, overkill is essentially not something Saryn does.

Also, I don't think "lining up the shot" should take any time, really. This isn't conclave, the AI is more or less conga lining up for you to headshot them.

32 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Mesa and Saryn can reach amazing DPS but neither of them have any real overkilling abilities. That's why your example will remain pretty much meaningless to us readers because we'd need to see the enemies killed stat to properly judge.

Alright, and in that case I'd outdamage that halfway decent Saryn with 30-40% of the damage, while she'd have 20% or so, not less than 10%.
And even though "Lining up the shot" doesn't take a lot of time in your mind, it's Warframe. Aiming by default requires AT LEAST 0.5-1 second, which is about the time it takes Mesa or Saryn to kill 20 enemies just by pressing 4 and/or hold down the fire button, by the time you'll press the aim button on your Rubico, that enemy will probably already be dead

And still, you have to bring pretty specific weapons and deliberately try to achieve that much dmg, which again, I'm not trying to do, Just trying to do casual content.

And, lastly, again, I'm not trying to hold  anyone up to a rigid standard and I wouldn't have complained if I had just outdamaged a Saryn every once in a while, it's the sheer difference and amount of times that it happens that makes me so frustrated and wonder how the hell did any of them contribute to the game, even just a little bit
O and by the way I do look at the Enemies killed stats and of course it's higher, I just don't think that's too relevant considering how low every stat on the other end is 

Edited by (PS4)SrebX
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cyndocrit said:

DE has been pushing content that would allow the increase of incompetent players.

I wouldn't agree that appeal to casual play makes for incompetent players.
They're being plenty competent at casual play.. which is something, "hardcore players," are incompetent at.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

Alright, and in that case I'd outdamage that halfway decent Saryn with 30-40% of the damage, while she'd have 20% or so, not less than 10%.
And even though "Lining up the shot" doesn't take a lot of time in your mind, it's Warframe. Aiming by default requires AT LEAST 0.5-1 second, which is about the time it takes Mesa or Saryn to kill 20 enemies just by pressing 4 and/or hold down the fire button, by the time you'll press the aim button on your Rubico, that enemy will probably already be dead

And still, you have to bring pretty specific weapons and deliberately try to achieve that much dmg, which again, I'm not trying to do, Just trying to do casual content.

And, lastly, again, I'm not trying to hold  anyone up to a rigid standard and I wouldn't have complained if I had just outdamaged a Saryn every once in a while, it's the sheer difference and amount of times that it happens that makes me so frustrated and wonder how the hell did any of them contribute to the game, even just a little bit
O and by the way I do look at the Enemies killed stats and of course it's higher, I just don't think that's too relevant considering how low every stat on the other end is 

15 minutes ago, schilds said:

Don't get me wrong, those other players sound terrible, but the damage done stat really is completely and utterly meaningless in every way under any circumstance. There are no qualifiers around it. I am completely sympathetic to the situation you are describing up until the point you mention that irrelevant stat. At that point it's "glass house, don't throw stones", "pot, kettle, black", "a little humiiity goes a long way" :-P.

I mean, if you're going to put your ego on display, then you should be certain to make sure you are absolutely, unequivocally, 100% right in your supporting statements.

While that stat does have very little meaning, it's not ENTIRELY meaningless, And I've been describing the circumstances and  reasons why I mentioned it in my comments above on a discussion previously, you're welcome to read

And I can't stress enough how this is not my ego talking, this is purely frustration. It just looks like people are clicking the missions, bullet jump through the hallways, and do literally NOTHING else

• Like 1

I have to agree with OP that the quality of players has declined somewhat of late. Maybe the vets have been put off by Railjack (which I enjoy btw) and are waiting for all the game breaking bugs to be patched. That being said, I did end up in a single public squad doing relic missions for over 3 hours the other day and it really made me enjoy the game again.

@SrebX You mentioned recruitment chat being limited to region so I'm curious as to what region you play in? I myself am based in New Zealand (Oceania region) but I switched to the North America region because there are so many more people online to play and trade with. Latency can sometimes be an issue but not always.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

I have to agree with OP that the quality of players has declined somewhat of late. Maybe the vets have been put off by Railjack (which I enjoy btw) and are waiting for all the game breaking bugs to be patched. That being said, I did end up in a single public squad doing relic missions for over 3 hours the other day and it really made me enjoy the game again.

@SrebX You mentioned recruitment chat being limited to region so I'm curious as to what region you play in? I myself am based in New Zealand (Oceania region) but I switched to the North America region because there are so many more people online to play and trade with. Latency can sometimes be an issue but not always.

I'm from Israel, and being a middle eastener means I'm just in the middle with no precise categorization, which let's me bounce between Europe, East Europe and Asia regions

I'm usually on Europe but bouncing within these 3 when I'm having a hard time finding people

I've tried NA for trading, never playing though because of ping issues which are already prevelant 

35 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

And then we tell them to go level at Draco, to make sure they never actually play the game.

And it gets better still.

There's usually that one guy that does >75% of the damage/kills anyway no matter how hard anyone else tries, so the other three really just chill and pick off stragglers, because without even intending to, they're getting carried by someone that just has no concept there are other people wanting to play here and can't comprehend not going full 100% exploit-level beast mode right out the gate.

In the end, it creates this "never need to learn" mentality where most people go in expecting to get carried by default, with a few ready to carry if they're the most educated member of the cell.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

I have to agree with OP that the quality of players has declined somewhat of late.

Do you mean in Railjack, or not in railjack?

All of the highly motivated people are drawn like moths to flame with new shiny content and challenge. Those players will almost exclusively be in Railjack. There are also several new looter shooters on the market which they'll likely want to beat, too.

So if you're in star chart thinking people aren't playing competitively enough, it's because the players there are either still struggling under new gear, (frames, formas, not enough mods, etc..) or they're just not super dedicated to using every advantage. Warframe is in large part a casual experience, with higher level missions should people want them. If you want to find the truly dedicated hard-asses, find the one or two mad men/women in existence that actually want a challenge. They'd be in Vox Solaris missions with off meta frames if they exist at all.

Also... Both you and OP are from mid 2019 or so. Maybe you're the group that last year thought weren't good players.. and they were the group the previous players thought that of.. Not that they're right, just that people tend to turn on, "new players," when they don't feel they get enough clout, satisfaction, and recognition from their challenge. We never have been able to or welcome to tell other players what to do, outside of Invite only/clans that agree to that. That's never changed. What I can tell you that's changed over the years, is people thinking they're entitled to that opinion.

I never ONCE caught flak for going to t4 void key missions with a flux rifle years back. No one Ever expressed that players were incompetent for not playing every advantage to meta. We used to have fun here, damn it! Players were helpful and welcoming, not elitist and snobbish about how others perform. That was unheard of. Every new player is scum to someone.. and that someone juuuuust might be a, "clueless idiot," as OP puts it, when they think that. You guys are part of a group of players that doesn't even defend defense points, or stay in affinity range. XD ...I can't even.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

Aiming by default requires AT LEAST 0.5-1 second, which is about the time it takes Mesa or Saryn to kill 20 enemies just by pressing 4 and/or hold down the fire button, by the time you'll press the aim button on your Rubico, that enemy will probably already be dead

Wow dude, your view of actual time is incredibly skewed in my mind. 0.5s is quite a long time wrt aiming. Have you... never played a PvP shooter?

And so shouldn't you assume that other people aren't either? Why should you be surprised about your damage dealt numbers if you assume people are playing the game casually like you instead of rigidly assuming Saryn should be DPS champ.

I cower before your massive e-peen, routinely outdamaging Saryn, a frame that you are not rigidly holding to the standard of being the DPS champ

*facepalm*

il y a 51 minutes, (PS4)SrebX a dit :

Asia region

On PS4 ? Run away fool !

It's an asylum if you are not match with Japanese and Korean. 

Really, it's very hard to find good public teams here if it's not high level and the recruitment chat is unusable.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

I've never noticed people getting worse, but then again, everybody is trash compared to me anyways, you're all equally Scrubby, now excuse me while I carry you for the umpteenth time, peasants! /s

PUGs are a roll of the dice, some days you get nothing but people who seem to not know their rectum from their elbow, some days everybody you get matched with is the metahead that wipes the map before you can blink, and there's a thousand other flavours of Tenno in-between. regarding there being more casual players, it's possible, but some of them will stick with Warframe and will get better over time.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Only thing I noticed lately is that randoms in ESO leave before or at round 5.

Few months ago people would always stay to 8, but now? I'm lucky to have even 1 guy stay to 8.

You were just getting lucky before, or just not remembering correctly, people tend to go there to level weapons and leave by the second round unless there's little kills going on as two rounds gets weapons from 1->30, and even then, they'll just leave on the first round and hope there's a better group to leech off of after re-que; if the first round is Grineer, then that is enough for 1->30 in less than 1 round with someone killing enough.

9 hours ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

With the whole UI and stats discussion lately I feel like I have to say something that's been on my mind for a while now-

It's one thing that always, since I've started playing the game about 8 months ago, I've been having a hard time finding players for longer endurance runs and more challenging runs. It's not for everyone, and however annoying that it, it's understandable.

But I don't know guys. Today I've had to carry 3 ppl who died after 1 rotation of excavators in Excavation Arbitration. All 3 died, after 1 freakin' rotation, and after I've revived all of them guess what happened? They died again and quit.
I love playing Frost and Wisp, which are 2 very defensive/utility based frames, and it's very often that I get 50-60% of the dmg done in a DEFENSE mission of 4 people, with both a Mesa and a Saryn- DPS frames.

I know the stats don't mean that much and the whole dmg done thing shouldn't be that much of a concern, but seriously? DEFENSE Mission which is all about killing? Outdamaging MESA and SARYN, the 2 best DPS frames? with FROST, a freakin' Defensive frame? 

I don't know guys, It really feels more and more like veterans are quitting the game and all that's left are clueless idiots, who make me want to quit the game as well because they make everything so damn difficult.
It's becoming increasingly rare to get a good team, and not to mention a similar minded team who'd want to stay for more than 5 minutes on freakin' Arbitrations, which are meant to be longer and harder.

I really think something in the UI should help you find a similar minded team- Maybe an LFG option or just having the option to be more picky with the automatching system,

I'd love your opinions on the whole topic, Thanks in advance!

To be honest, a lot of players are playing through Youtubers. All they hear is how easy the game is, how there's no difficulty and how there's no rewards. They SEE the fast paced combat and the god-tier abilities and rewards and think they know what to do by watching Youtubers but, when it comes time for them to finally play, they get destroyed, get discouraged and can't understand why they suck. 

They. Don't. PLAY. The. Game. 

Youtubers sold them a lie. It takes years of gameplay for the average f2p player to be able to really master this game and collect the rare mods that create the builds Youtubers use. The messaging is wrong and we're seeing the results of that.