Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star was disappointing.

OrSpeeder

I spent a LOT of time in Plague Star, for very little reward, mostly because of bugs.

1. Drones Stuck.

2. Doors stuck! (sometimes going into operator mode, while specifically using Excalibur Umbra, fixes this), for example once had to abort run because I got stuck with Toxin inside grineer base.

3. Crappy matchmaking.

4. Falling through terrain

5. Stuck Hemocyst

6. Hemocyst that doesn't attack and drag the fight.

And seemly the most aggravating of all:

Players that die four times and press abort mission, abort mission FOR THE WHOLE TEAM!!!! A MR1 guy did this when I was 3 shots away from killing the last hemocyst, and before I understood what was going on, I thoguht it was something else the issue, I refrained from playing until I got a reply from support, reply never came, and event ended.

Also there was also other trolling going on: one player joined the match, opened the vault with the toxin mixer, let enemies surround it, then he quit the squad.

Another player got the toxin, dropped it and made it disappear (litearlly!) and quit the squad after.

Or people that would come in, and not put any items on the mixer, but keep begging others to put.

Or very high MR people that would come in and keep killing the spawner pods instantly, making the thing take forever to spawn the hemocyst, despite the rest of the team begging them to stop doing that.

End result was: several, SEVERAL hours playing warframe... and only 10 or so forma.

• Like 12

Maybe they should do a better job of explaining the event. The dialogue popup in the alert window doesn't mention specific details that you are complaining about. Therefore there's no way for newer players to know.

I find it disappointing every single time. I've never received any interesting rewards. It's pretty weak for an event, All it is is reshuffled bounties. 

6 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

Players that die four times and press abort mission, abort mission FOR THE WHOLE TEAM!!!!

When did this become a team abort. You're the second person today I saw talk about this.

7 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

Crappy matchmaking.

Lol. It's solo purpose is to take ungrouped people and group them. It will always suck. Use recruitment chat. I never pug anything I know I can't carry in the time frame I want. I never pug Plague Star because I like my pre-made 6-8 min runs with 4/4 injections.

7 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

When did this become a team abort. You're the second person today I saw talk about this.

Lol. It's solo purpose is to take ungrouped people and group them. It will always suck. Use recruitment chat. I never pug anything I know I can't carry in the time frame I want. I never pug Plague Star because I like my pre-made 6-8 min runs with 4/4 injections.

Can't do that due to another silly bug: playing with english interface while being in South America make the chat not work properly, region chat is always empty, Mars Relay is always devoid of players, etc...

Meanwhile sometimes I would see people from NEW ZEALAND on Cetus...

Not many problems here. Had a few stuck drones, after the first few I just picked nova until the patch fixed the pathing. A few crappy hosts, but that comes with the P2P multiplayer so I expect it from time to time. Other than that it was the same wonderful and rewarding event that it always is. Now I got enough forma for all kuva weapons and around 70 or so left over after that so I can forma some frames that I've been meaning to do for a good while.

Plus the even made me appriciate playing Harrow again.

• Like 1

Had nearly 0 issues aside from a crash and stuck drones in solo.

Still annoying that even when the event first came out I never crashed or got a stuck drone, but I did this time around. (I guess Empyrean broke a bit more then intended) Still, free Forma is free Forma in the end. That's all the event is really good for after you build the Plague Zaws.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

34 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

I spent a LOT of time in Plague Star, for very little reward, mostly because of bugs.

1. Drones Stuck.

2. Doors stuck! (sometimes going into operator mode, while specifically using Excalibur Umbra, fixes this), for example once had to abort run because I got stuck with Toxin inside grineer base.

3. Crappy matchmaking.

5. Stuck Hemocyst

Players that die four times and press abort mission, abort mission FOR THE WHOLE TEAM!!!! A MR1 guy did this when I was 3 shots away from killing the last hemocyst, and before I understood what was going on, I thoguht it was something else the issue, I refrained from playing until I got a reply from support, reply never came, and event ended.

Also there was also other trolling going on: one player joined the match, opened the vault with the toxin mixer, let enemies surround it, then he quit the squad.

Another player got the toxin, dropped it and made it disappear (litearlly!) and quit the squad after.

Or people that would come in, and not put any items on the mixer, but keep begging others to put.

Or very high MR people that would come in and keep killing the spawner pods instantly, making the thing take forever to spawn the hemocyst, despite the rest of the team begging them to stop doing that.

End result was: several, SEVERAL hours playing warframe... and only 10 or so forma.

For next time Here's some ways you can fix this.

1) Bring a teleporting frame that can tele the drone (Loki, etc)

2) If you know something doesn't work when you use your operator mode then dont do that....

3) Make friends have groups.  But I didn't find this at all. Most the runs I did some Maxed out MR28 carried it solo.

4) I made a post about this. Don't mount your K-Drive while standing on the ground, jump first.

5) If everyone moves away it will walk out. It gets "stuck" when people try to engage it too close to the boil. When its coming back off and let it come out.

6) I found if everyone is in archwing then it can attack slower.  Leave someone on ground level near him to provoke more attacks.

Anyway, hope those help for next time. I thought the event was pleasant.

58 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

1. Drones Stuck.

3. Crappy matchmaking.

5. Stuck Hemocyst

Dissapointing for you sure, I'm sure some are just glad the event came again, I sure am. Surprisngly enough I haven't experienced any of those problems this year, when last time those bugs were rampant. One bug I did have a problem with was falling through the terrain, it happened too often. Thank god I was playing titania when it happened so I could at least finish the mission...even if I couldn't touch the ground.

the Hemocyst not attacking seemed to be linked to the Infested around, Killing some of them would make the Hemocyte attack again. 

a lot of these described issues sound like very bad Hosts, in which case i would have suggested going out to the Landscape directly, and then starting the Bounty from there, so that you are likely to be the Host of the Session.

51 minutes ago, 00comm said:

2) If you know something doesn't work when you use your operator mode then dont do that....

Operator mode, FIXED the bug, SOMETIMES.

People without operator mode would just get stuck, forever. (happened in one of the matches, a MR4 person kept beggin us to open door to him).

Odd problems you got there, even stuck drones for me wasn't since I almost always bring Nova. Once i had a host migration on the 3rd stage but i can really do it solo.

Discussions about differences in slowva/speedva tactics and leeching problems came up.  But even that didn't matter much as I ended up piling 160 formas from the 45 left the preceding 2nd year i participated.

1 hour ago, OrSpeeder said:

1. Drones Stuck.

3. Crappy matchmaking.

5. Stuck Hemocyst

Yeah, Plague Star is very Buggy, but all your problems are related with BAD INTERNET or BAD HOST.

SOLUTION = Reduce the PING LIMIT in options.

OR

PLAY SOLO!

2 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

1. Drones Stuck.

3. Crappy matchmaking.

5. Stuck Hemocyst

Solo it and just use eidolon phylaxus. I think it’s actually faster, but a little bit boring. 

bugs suck though, but at least I got my clan mostly built!

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Navalhabr said:

Reduce ping limit then... DE cannot solve your internet problems. 

Actually they can with a more well-designed systems to create a transition shift instead of how host migration works at the moment. Namely if the host `leaves, everyone would be booted into a solo type instance where every`ones characters are switched to a specter that focus on following the `person` of that special solo type instance. While having those players can probably hit a prompt pop-up to accept an attempt at reconnecting with the others and whoever has the best connection between the 3 would have its instance prioritized and once successful it would quickly port the other 2 people to that person`s instance by pre-loading them in and using a near-seamless transition that if done right could be a few seconds of loading and feel like they teleported across the map.

If they decide NOT to reconnect to make the instance or no one else tried to, then instead of being reset into a instance with themselves completely alone, they end up with 2-3 specter A.I.s which could at the very least `kill` enemies or distract them for the player with maybe a 30 to 50 meter leash distance to prevent them from getting too far away. Which would of worked wonders to SAVE the pot people putted in for the mixer for bonus standing instead of resulting in the last phase running into instances where they will NOT give standing at all.

You can thank Dragalia Lost, a nice little mobile game, for giving me this fun idea which acts as a nice-counter measure when hosts ditch the rest of the group and they can likely solo with a bunch of A.I. controlled units instead, if enough damage was already dealt to the boss and allow people to salvage the run instead of being forced to immediately reset, instead of being screwed over cause of a impatient/jerk-tier host.

Edited by Avienas

25 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

Quite silly to play solo on a coop game O.O

it might seem counter-intuitive, but as the saying goes, if you want a job done properly, you do it yourself. Plague star can be soloed with most setups, maybe you won't enjoy it enough to consider it, but that's on you. getting bad people is the risk you take when you go public, and if your or their internet connection isn't great, it can create even more problems.

it's not silly if it works, and when you know what you're doing, solo works every time.