Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020 Beginnings, So..hows it going Tenno?

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

So 2020 started off with news of new stuff and qol things , new frame on the horizon [odalisk] and some changes to lich/raijack ect soon

Now for use Tenno

we are in a Limbo state between updates (pun intended) , and waiting on new stuff , while de are busy gearing up for the new stuff

Just wanted to see what everyone up to, and hows it going tenno, did you by chance try some new build layouts or have discover your inner fashion frame  or something else interesting?

• Like 3

I've mostly been stockpiling credits from nightwave since it doesn't seem to be ending soon. I have plenty of everything that's offered too so I'm planning on selling them off as Railjack more or less bankrupted me. 

Other than that just the usual leveling and farming, finally getting around to getting Hydroid and Nova as well. How have you been Mako? 

• Like 1

I'm too busy focusing on physical training after a bone break I had just before Thanksgiving to do as much Warframe as I used to.
Just waiting for more stuff to do is all. Already farmed the Tenebrous and have a +100 reactor for Empyrean so I really don't need anything else right now.

Hopefully 2020 is a better year than the last few for Warframe. Still love the game to death but it's been losing me a bit on the engagement side recently. Especially since I've been done with Nightwave since December.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy
  • Like 2

All good. Not all perfect, yeah? ..but all good.

• Took some time to test the waters in arbitration, was pleased no one got fussy about my off-meta build/weapons.
  • Fishing got fixed before the year ended, so I'm happy about that.
  • Seems people are digging Railjack... I'll have that to work on later in the year most likely. (I like to let new modes cool before I go in.)
  • Glad they undid some of the pay mechanics and RNG that were upsetting to so many. Others are being discussed, like murmurs and such.
  • They've finally rescued my favorite melees from the dumpster, so I'm quite happy with my weapons going into the future updates.
  • They called out the armor scaling for future reworks. Oh m'gawd finally!

I dunno man, things look good from where I am. Everybody else's sentiment is their own, and that's their right.
Warframe's an 8/10 overall imo with some rough spots in there,  still my most favorite game ever. Pretty jazzed to see how this year goes.
Wishin' I had more money to give DE, honestly. Feels bad, but eventually.

How about yourself, OP? Anything you're excited for? Got any fancy new loadouts or fashion to show off? 😉

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

I've mostly been stockpiling credits from nightwave since it doesn't seem to be ending soon. I have plenty of everything that's offered too so I'm planning on selling them off as Railjack more or less bankrupted me. 

Other than that just the usual leveling and farming, finally getting around to getting Hydroid and Nova as well. How have you been Mako? 

honestly I do some fashion frame & captura , or im run around earth helping new players get to their requirements done , not much in way of self improving my loadouts , still have to get the shedu done from railjack 

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

honestly I do some fashion frame & captura , or im run around earth helping new players get to their requirements done , not much in way of self improving my loadouts , still have to get the shedu done from railjack 

I'm still trying to get my usual Warframe crew into Railjack. I don't trust randoms and soloing Railjack isn't that enticing. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

All good. Not all perfect, yeah? ..but all good.

• Took some time to test the waters in arbitration, was pleased no one got fussy about my off-meta build/weapons.
  • Fishing got fixed before the year ended, so I'm happy about that.
  • Seems people are digging Railjack... I'll have that to work on later in the year most likely. (I like to let new modes cool before I go in.)
  • Glad they undid some of the pay mechanics and RNG that were upsetting to so many. Others are being discussed, like murmurs and such.
  • They've finally rescued my favorite melees from the dumpster, so I'm quite happy with my weapons going into the future updates.
  • They called out the armor scaling for future reworks. Oh m'gawd finally!

I dunno man, things look good from where I am. Everybody else's sentiment is their own, and that's their right.
Warframe's an 8/10 overall imo with some rough spots in there,  still my most favorite game ever. Pretty jazzed to see how this year goes.
Wishin' I had more money to give DE, honestly. Feels bad, but eventually.

How about yourself, OP? Anything you're excited for? Got any fancy new loadouts or fashion to show off? 😉

weapon wise i was playing with the fang primes (finally not just another pretty fang -haha) , pretty fun on mirage 

i have new fashions (i share on twitter or xbox live 😛 ), was mainly working on nyx and saryn last i was on.  did end up putting mios back on saryn , but no new load-out builds sadly

Spoiler

06711482 bf47 4434 b1b1 29b60c5fdf3c

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

weapon wise i was playing with the fang primes (finally not just another pretty fang -haha) , pretty fun on mirage 

i have new fashions (i share on twitter or xbox live 😛 ), was mainly working on nyx and saryn last i was on.  did end up putting mios back on saryn , but no new load-out builds sadly

Reveal hidden contents

06711482 bf47 4434 b1b1 29b60c5fdf3c

Fang on Ivara is very satisfying. Gives her the perfect sneaky rogue look. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

nyx

That's a Nyx skin, right? That's an excellent shot. Copper color metals are always my fav. ❤️

I checked out Captura earlier this year for the first time. It has way more features than I expected. Wasn't getting glamour shots.. working on pics towards a proposal for elemental damage reworks. (Some ideas you've just gotta show in picture form.)

• Like 1

Okay, first of all:

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

we are in a Limbo state between updates (pun intended)

Booooo!

I'm currently in the process of farming up a lot of Focus (currently working on Zenurik and Naramon to get them out of the way). I do need to complete my farming for the remaining weapons for the current Prime Vault. I'm waiting for DE to get the motion controls into Empyrean (as is the general sentiment of the general Switch community) as well as the Command intrinsic.

One thing I really want to get as a mid-term goal are those Arcanes. Especially these two for my Mesa Prime:

• Arcane Velocity
  • Arcane Guardian

Here's my current mod setup:

EPUmKcjUwAEFs-t?format=jpg&name=large

If those two work out as well as I think it will, then I think I could possibly get rid off/replace a few mods in there (like Steel Fiber and Quick Thinking), but I have to do a bunch of testing first.

I also want to figure out a good mod setup for both Vauban Prime and Ivara Prime.

Speaking of fashionframe (I'll update the images to a captura stance later as I'm not at home and I have little time to use my Switch right at this moment):

Spoiler

Spoiler

EPUpVHgUwAESeNg?format=jpg&name=large

EPUpVHcUwAAXiRj?format=jpg&name=large

EPUpVHiUcAA1lwV?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93
My computer decided to change "):" with an emoji for some reason...
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

Okay, first of all:

Booooo!

I'm currently in the process of farming up a lot of Focus (currently working on Zenurik and Naramon to get them out of the way). I do need to complete my farming for the remaining weapons for the current Prime Vault. I'm waiting for DE to get the motion controls into Empyrean (as is the general sentiment of the general Switch community) as well as the Command intrinsic.

One thing I really want to get as a mid-term goal are those Arcanes. Especially these two for my Mesa Prime:

• Arcane Velocity
  • Arcane Guardian

Here's my current mod setup:

EPUmKcjUwAEFs-t?format=jpg&name=large

If those two work out as well as I think it will, then I think I could possibly get rid off/replace a few mods in there (like Steel Fiber and Quick Thinking), but I have to do a bunch of testing first.

I also want to figure out a good mod setup for both Vauban Prime and Ivara Prime.

Speaking of fashionframe (I'll update the images to a captura stance later as I'm not at home and I have little time to use my Switch right at this moment😞

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

EPUpVHgUwAESeNg?format=jpg&name=large

EPUpVHcUwAAXiRj?format=jpg&name=large

EPUpVHiUcAA1lwV?format=jpg&name=large

What in the hell is that mod setup for mesa ...
I'm almost afraid to ask how you set up her Pistols

Just now, Joe_Barbarian said:

What in the hell is that mod setup for mesa ...
I'm almost afraid to ask how you set up her Pistols

I mean...

... it works for me. I'm able to do most of my missions fairly well with that setup. What's wrong with it?

And her pistols are fine.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

I mean...

... it works for me. I'm able to do most of my missions fairly well with that setup. What's wrong with it?

You do what you want, that's how this game is. I'd say swap armor for shields though, having rejuvenation and quick thinking is not a bad idea on Mesa since she is squishy, but her armor is not worth much even when modded up. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

I mean...

Her base armor is garbage so adding Steel Fiber for survivability is pointless. Quick Thinking is decent but it'll nuke your limited energy pool and you don't really have a way to regain it except energy dash or pads. Stretch? Pretty pointless as well.

If you want more effective tank you can modify the build like so:
Adaptation for survivability.
Umbral Vitality (remove your intensify for umbral to get more health (1147))
Hunter Adrenaline to generate energy (when you aren't using 4, combined with adaptation you won't lose all your health and energy insanely fast)

Over all this will increase your tank, energy generation and damage output.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

You do what you want, that's how this game is. I'd say swap armor for shields though, having rejuvenation and quick thinking is not a bad idea on Mesa since she is squishy, but her armor is not worth much even when modded up. 

Armor for shields? On Mesa? Are you serious?

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

There's even less point having armor on her, shields at least recharge. Stretch also increases the range on Peacemaker, and it seems J is going for a build to use that and shatter shield a lot. 

So you'd rather drop the armor for shield and completely ignore Adaptation, which is arguably one of the best tank mod he could go for. Rolling Guard might be a good option too to use in combination of Mesa's Waltz.

I regret to inform you that range mods don't affect Peacemaker at all. Base range of shatter shield is 11m with stretch that add 4.95m which isn't really much, that slot could be used for something more productive such as Hunter Adrenaline to generate energy to sustain.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

3 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

So you'd rather drop the armor for shield and completely ignore Adaptation, which is arguably one of the best tank mod he could go for. Rolling Guard might be a good option too to use in combination of Mesa's Waltz.

I regret to inform you that range mods don't affect Peacemaker at all. Base rage of shatter shield is 11m with stretch that add 4.95m which isn't really much, that slot could be used for something more productive such as Hunter Adrenaline to generate energy to sustain.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mesa

Says here stretch does affect it, though it could be wrong. 

End of the day it's their choice how to build a character. If it works for them then they can ignore both of us. 

That's also assuming he has Adaptation. The thing I do agree with is that Mesa doesn't get much out of better armor. 

Well, not dying has been my main priority so far (I'm... Kinda sick, have been for a while, I'll spare you the grisly details), with work a close second. For all the flaws the world of game development has, at least it lets me work from home, which helps a lot.

On the Warframe side of things I recently became part of a truly wonderful community/clan, which I really cannot recommend enough (Sanctuary, we got a topic up here on the forums, check it out). Which reminds me that I've been promising them guides for newcomers for a while now, I really ought to find some time to work on those most seriously. But that aside, I'm glad to be with them.

Other than that I've been doing the two things I always do when playing Warframe: opening relics and crying because Mirage Prime is my favorite 'frame but I just can't get her to not die. Like, literally every other 'frame I play has ways to not die: Excal has chromaric blade + healing return and is decently tanky, Frost is a defensive monster, Chroma has his buffs, Titania has Aviator + the mere fact of being a small speedy fairy, Inaros and Trinity are functionally immortal, Loki and Ivara just turn off enemy aggression and then go about their business undisturbed. Mirage? She just... Prays for those Bombard rockets to hit one of the clones. And then one hits her and she dies.

Tl;dr: please help a bedridden dude find a way to keep a fictional ninja lady cyborg arlequin from dying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mesa

Says here stretch does affect it, though it could be wrong. 

End of the day it's their choice how to build a character. If it works for them then they can ignore both of us. 

That's also assuming he has Adaptation. The thing I do agree with is that Mesa doesn't get much out of better armor. 

It appears that it does, however if the wiki is correct the difference is negligible:

The radius of the focus ring is affected by Ability Range, though the latter's effect is negligible.
The formula used to calculate the field of view angle with mods is non-linear and currently unknown.

With a note saying: Formula behaves similar to FoV = 15 *(ability range) ^0.5 with inconsistent deviations

Advice on the forums is free, maybe he'll take it on board maybe he won't. Sometimes it takes someone to say "hey you could get improvements if you change a couple mods" for a player to notice there are improvements to make. A saying I like: Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish he'll steal your fishing rod he'll eat for life.

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

It appears that it does, however if the wiki is correct the difference is negligible:

The radius of the focus ring is affected by Ability Range, though the latter's effect is negligible.
The formula used to calculate the field of view angle with mods is non-linear and currently unknown.

With a note saying: Formula behaves similar to FoV = 15 *(ability range) ^0.5 with inconsistent deviations

Advice on the forums is free, maybe he'll take it on board maybe he won't. Sometimes it takes someone to say "hey you could get improvements if you change a couple mods" for a player to notice there are improvements to make. A saying I like: Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish he'll steal your fishing rod he'll eat for life.

That's fair, but saying "What the hell is this setup?" doesn't seem like free advice lol

Saying stuff like I'd recommend this, or I'd advise this sounds better than going after someone's choice like they're entirely wrong. Something I really like about Warframe is the ability to change character's up depending on personal preference. In most games I usually play for health and surviving, and I'll sacrifice a bit of damage dealing or dealing specific conditional critical damage. Other people can sacrifice health and shields to increase power effectiveness. 

Not much. Waiting patiently for the Command Intrinsics. Not really getting into Empyrean until then. Waiting IMpatiently for Ivara Leverian. I want my lore for my favourite frame, damnit!

Aside from that, been spending my spare time playing Cuphead. The dragon's jumping fireballs can go **** themselves. Also, writing a story script. I'm currently writing what is basically a crime procedural meets Star Trek. Just for fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

1 hour ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Her base armor is garbage so adding Steel Fiber for survivability is pointless. Quick Thinking is decent but it'll nuke your limited energy pool and you don't really have a way to regain it except energy dash or pads. Stretch? Pretty pointless as well.

If you want more effective tank you can modify the build like so:
Adaptation for survivability.
Umbral Vitality (remove your intensify for umbral to get more health (1147))
Hunter Adrenaline to generate energy (when you aren't using 4, combined with adaptation you won't lose all your health and energy insanely fast)

Over all this will increase your tank, energy generation and damage output.

As I said before, once I get the Arcanes, I'll be considering replacing mods with better ones (I did mention that Steel Fiber and Quick Thinking are at the top of my list of mods that I'd like to replace).

But as I've also stated, it works for now. I'm able to do most (non-Empyrean) missions solo (with the exception of high-level bounties) without much problems, but this is based on my playstyle. Then again, I'm not averse to advice, as I'm always trying to improve. I'll consider the suggestions, but I need to make sure that they fit well with how I play the game; the suggestions might work for you, but they might not work for me, (if that makes any sense). It'll take some time, though (don't have Adaptation and Rolling Guard for example).

1 hour ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Stretch also increases the range on Peacemaker, and it seems J is going for a build to use that and shatter shield a lot. 

Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes (+ her 2, though I do look at my Energy consumption a bit more (as in, I'm using Energizing Dash more than usual), so I would like to improve on that).

16 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

That's a Nyx skin, right? That's an excellent shot. Copper color metals are always my fav. ❤️

I checked out Captura earlier this year for the first time. It has way more features than I expected. Wasn't getting glamour shots.. working on pics towards a proposal for elemental damage reworks. (Some ideas you've just gotta show in picture form.)

i did a how to captura video set, nailing the basics of lighting and filters if you ever need it to get inspiration