Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unused Wasted Focus

(PSN)Chiefpre

I'm sure there are a many of us that have maxed out all of our focus schools, and are sitting on untold amounts of focus. And we continue to gain it daily as we play. Even unused shards. I have an ideal of a conversion system. Taking (x) amount of focus to turn into Endo or Credits or even Universal medallions. Or DE needs to come up with additional skills for each focus school that we can start leveling, they can be focus skills that coincide with Rail Jack. Or make new way bounds. Something needs to be done with the unused focus, other than it just sitting there building up on the back burner. Possibility of even using it as a form of currency for another possible vendor to obtain new epheremeas, or other cosmetics such as new operator attire. I'm sitting on over 10 million unused focus with absolutely nothing to do with it. DE, I strongly ask that something be done with the unused wasted focus. Even it it means you  have to have (x) amount of a focus tree unlocked to obtain access to the conversion system, so that It would be locked and only obtainable via a merit reward for achieving max rank in (1) focus tree. Just a thought

I've been on this game way longer than the focus system has. I am Nowhere Near ranked out in focus. ..Not even remotely. Got 3 waybounds.. Both Unairu and one Vazarin. (I think the lesson here is: Just because you CAN focus farm your daily limit regularly, doesn't mean you should..)

That said, being able to cash out focus toward something would be a good move for the long term. I wonder if there's any plans for that in New War or Duviri?

Edited by kapn655321

I don't or haven't necessary focused on focus farming my daily cap. I just ran a ton of Tricaps and converted the shards into focus as well as the focus I gained while farming for the Blazing Step Emphermea. The continued focus I'm earning comes from each of my Warframes and several weapons having lenses in them. I literally, have nothing to do except farm kuva, run railjack and do syndicates and daily sorties, weekly treasure hunt, weekly Clem mission, and Arbitration missions. I've completed everything else in the game. All weapons maxed, every frame unlocked, every prime achieved. I sometimes sit in my dojo and tear out decorations and turn the room into something different. I'm maxed out with each faction in the game and can solo Profit Taker in 6mins. The game needs content for us MR28s with nothing to do. Even have completed 34 kuva liches and have all their weapons maxed out and each emphermea. I'm looking for something we end game players can grind that will take some time. Even Rail Jack though a little grindy, honestly doesn't take long to get to level 10 intrinsics.. DE needs to fix console to be on the same level as PC, they've had 7 hotfixes for RailJack, Nintendo Switch as had 1 where both can trade avionics while, Console players still can't. The Shedu is still glitched and requires an update to go to cert in order for it to be fixed, so we have to wait on it as well. I'm even a moderator in an 40 clan alliance and I just basically no moderate chat and answer a few questions for newer Tenno. The game isn't as fun as it used to be. We need more expansions and content. Not just some small filler content to satisfy a few, I've seen several areas that DE can spin off of and make more content.  Give us an Infested open world Give us squad link in Raill Jack. Give us something other than the 2 events from Invasions. Steve, Pablo, Rebecca.. we NEED and WANT more.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Chiefpre said:

Taking (x) amount of focus to turn into Endo or Credits or even Universal medallions.

Yes please. Everything is unlocked/maxed and the focus just stacks up for nothing.

122ee68f69958170eefd53d1bbc5165d.jpg

12 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I've been on this game way longer than the focus system has. I am Nowhere Near ranked out in focus.

So have I...maybe it's you.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Yeah because holy S#&$ dude you're done with the game

Being done with focus doesn't mean you're done with the game. This isn't some amazingly high goal people will (almost) never reach. Focus farming is quite easy. Passively gaining focus through good lenses on your most used gear is also quite easy.

10 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Being done with focus doesn't mean you're done with the game. This isn't some amazingly high goal people will (almost) never reach. Focus farming is quite easy. Passively gaining focus through good lenses on your most used gear is also quite easy.

The rest of the post I snipped is OP saying they've done all the things and have all the things. Of course the game is boring for them at that point unless they're playing for the core mechanics which obviously they are NOT if they're bored because they have collected everything.

• Like 1

Simple solution. Once you've maxed a school, any additional education you get goes evenly to all other schools, until all schools are mastered. 

Then... either one, you get to continue gaining focus, which you can now use to unbind your passives, but can only equip two at a time in addition to your current school, or, since people will freak the %&#@ out over that.... Your additional focus goes into a pool that can be used to dump into an unranked weapon or frame to speed level it. 

On 2020-01-27 at 10:49 PM, (PS4)Chiefpre said:

Something needs to be done with the unused focus, other than it just sitting there building up on the back burner. Possibility of even using it as a form of currency for another possible vendor

The good news:  DE introduces a new focus store.

The bad news:  the only things on the shelves are Javlok Capacitors and Orokin Ciphers.