Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's a serious issue I have with the Railjack.

When i communicate to teammates that I am going to be on the helm and firing, I shouldn't have to get off to take care of every single problem on the ship whilst dumbo #1 decides to pilot MY RAILJACK.

I honestly believe that each railjack should only allow the one who created it to be able to pilot it.

I've dealt with two very ignorant players in regards to this even after communicating to them. I should not have to do this nonstop. Like I said, railjacks should only be commanded and piloted by the one who put in time and effort into starting it. I poured a lot of resources and time into the ship, I should be able to pilot it without another tenno trying to jack the helm.

I don't know, I just find the idea of allowing anyone to pilot your railjack stupid really.

I am in direct opposition to your suggestion.

I created my railjack but don't believe I should be the only one allowed to pilot it. I have more fun repairing, boarding crew ships, and cleaning up boarders than piloting.

Now if you had suggested an "option" for railjack owners to decide if they want to allow others to pilot their ship then I would wholeheartedly agree.

I always love more options!

Never leave the helm. Play as loki/ivara and just go invisible and run with the "Form Up" avionic that recalls the entire squad to the Railjack. Form Up really helps later on when there's two objectives and everyone decides to abandon ship and split up.

I've only had one or two people ever try to pilot my Railjack in the 100+ missions I've run though. Most people seem to understand that the host is the pilot unless otherwise stated.

Only time I ever take the wheel is when the owner leaves the Railjack in a crossfire of Fighters/Crewships.

This happens more often than you'd expect.

The last time someone "stoly my Railjack" i just jumped 1 time in front of him and he instantly left the pilot seat^^

Sometimes i wonder if i am just incredibly lucky with randoms or if the problem isnt that big tbh.

And i agree with Aesthier, there are many good reasons not to forbid everyone being able to pilot the ship.

One of my clanmates doesnt even like piloting that much, "forcing" him to pilot when he is the host would be stupid aswell.

If i really want to make sure no one interfers with me, i play solo.

Btw: I find this whole "its my Railjack" thing kinda funny, especially the "someone is using my crafted ammo or my Artillery cannon" topics...

One shot cost like 5 ressources of the most common ones, its not like he is waisting precious Orokin Cells or Argon Crystals or Plastids or something like that.

1 hour ago, Aesthier said:

I am in direct opposition to your suggestion.

I created my railjack but don't believe I should be the only one allowed to pilot it. I have more fun repairing, boarding crew ships, and cleaning up boarders than piloting.

Now if you had suggested an "option" for railjack owners to decide if they want to allow others to pilot their ship then I would wholeheartedly agree.

I always love more options!

That's my point.

1 hour ago, zakaryx said:

Never leave the helm. Play as loki/ivara and just go invisible and run with the "Form Up" avionic that recalls the entire squad to the Railjack. Form Up really helps later on when there's two objectives and everyone decides to abandon ship and split up.

I've only had one or two people ever try to pilot my Railjack in the 100+ missions I've run though. Most people seem to understand that the host is the pilot unless otherwise stated.

Apparently not the case with the crowd I've run into.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Only time I ever take the wheel is when the owner leaves the Railjack in a crossfire of Fighters/Crewships.

This happens more often than you'd expect.

I never do that unless I'm soloing it.

1 hour ago, DreisterDino said:

The last time someone "stoly my Railjack" i just jumped 1 time in front of him and he instantly left the pilot seat^^

Sometimes i wonder if i am just incredibly lucky with randoms or if the problem isnt that big tbh.

And i agree with Aesthier, there are many good reasons not to forbid everyone being able to pilot the ship.

One of my clanmates doesnt even like piloting that much, "forcing" him to pilot when he is the host would be stupid aswell.

If i really want to make sure no one interfers with me, i play solo.

Btw: I find this whole "its my Railjack" thing kinda funny, especially the "someone is using my crafted ammo or my Artillery cannon" topics...

One shot cost like 5 ressources of the most common ones, its not like he is waisting precious Orokin Cells or Argon Crystals or Plastids or something like that.

Yet it is my railjack that I crafted. There should be options for those that own said railjack. I think some of you are misreading or misunderstanding my OP.

Sounds like you’re being a bit unrealistic, space magic LoJack is what you’re talking about. And as buggy as the game mode is right now equals more problems.

Pilot leaves the ship, mean while it’s getting lit up as a sitting duck. 

the pub groups you’re in just suck. Everyone there should do what ever is needed at the moment. Half the time I try to put out a fire/ect somebody beats me to it.

its co op, if it’s not with people you know… you’re probly going to have a bad time.

or a good one, it’s a coin toss 

Just now, (XB1)DreamyRelic80 said:

Sounds like you’re being a bit unrealistic, space magic LoJack is what you’re talking about. And as buggy as the game mode is right now equals more problems.

Pilot leaves the ship, mean while it’s getting lit up as a sitting duck. 

the pub groups you’re in just suck. Everyone there should do what ever is needed at the moment. Half the time I try to put out a fire/ect somebody beats me to it.

its co op, if it’s not with people you know… you’re probly going to have a bad time.

or a good one, it’s a coin toss 

The only time I ever leave the helm is for repairs since dimwits don't ever want to repair anything despite communication.

Is no one actually reading what I said?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)DreamyRelic80 said:

Um unfortunately my clan is always unavailable for RJ missions, when i first started doing RJ missions, I ran into decent players.

However, I've run into trolls that intentionally cause your railjack to gain damage and they do nothing to repair the problems. It's not a run of bad luck, it is the community being toxic and not even bothering to communicate or be a team player.

1 minute ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

The only time I ever leave the helm is for repairs since dimwits don't ever want to repair anything despite communication.

Is no one actually reading what I said?

I read that, I’m saying the groups you’re in suck. Experiences very, and most of the time people who are not pilots handle repairs in my experience. At times they don’t. 

your solution isn’t one because it can easily cause more problems.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

Um unfortunately my clan is always unavailable for RJ missions, when i first started doing RJ missions, I ran into decent players.

However, I've run into trolls that intentionally cause your railjack to gain damage and they do nothing to repair the problems. It's not a run of bad luck, it is the community being toxic and not even bothering to communicate or be a team player.

I’m telling that’s “your” experience. Not everyone’s. Not mine, I don’t pilot mine because I hated it at first, gravitated to over time, stoped again to join pubs because it’s quicker to join groups in progress then to wait for only one person to join a four way through the mission.

when I use mine I haven’t had the issue you have, but if I did I know some people just don’t know what they’re doing or even what to do. 

match making is rng’s final form

I've had this issue only one time so far when I had to replenish ordinance. Had to melee them for a couple minutes before they decided to hop off. Every other time they jumped off quickly. I respect those who keep the ship moving to help reduce damage/do damage. I do the same and jump off as soon as I see someone stand behind me.

However, it would be nice if the host could force commandeer the pilot seat in these situations. Run up, press the interact button/key, and the crew member would be swapped out for the "captain".

Well, my issue have always been with people not ever boarding anything, even if I'm parked in front of a rock.

So very often, I have to leave my seat and take care of everything. I consider myself lucky if one idiot finally leaves the turret and goes pilot instead in the meantime.

Tho they nearly never shoot radiators, even when I parked them in front of the thing... I always have time to check all crates, get out twice for radiators, and when station is done, I see my RJ 50 meters away, missing every shot at some inactiv fighters at the edge of the map.

All that to say, no let them pilot, at least they're avoiding some shots by accident, but damn people suck in RJ. And mr has nothing to do with it, I even think I saw more 27 and 28 being useless than 8 to 13...

That was my rant ^^

This can definitely be annoying both ways. One time i managed to park the railjack in a rather bad place so it kept getting shot with missiles and nobody hopped on the helm to move it while i was raiding the missile battery. Ended up having to teleport back, repair it and get back on the helm myself.

On the other hand ive had people jump on the helm while i was trying to fire the artillery gun, making me unable to hit anything and just driving the railjack into the crossfire of multiple crew ships. I have never seen my ship need that many repairs in one mission apart from the first few runs before i got my hands on decent gear.

Random public players very, very rarely have any grasp on what's going on. I'd suggest not setting your matchmaking to Public, or at the very least use Recruiting Chat. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

That's my point.

Really? Nowhere in your original post (which was what I replied to) did I see you request an "option" for anything.

Instead I just saw repeated statements regarding your belief that "only" the owner of each railjack should be allowed to pilot it and no one else.

When I was playing public a lot I had this issue very few times.

I didn't bother my teammates because after a while piloting can be boring. And it's nice to change up things every now and then.

My ship is beefy enough anyways and usually if someone sucks at flying the ship they ask me to go back to piloting.

I can see why someone would lock down the pilot seat but at the same same I find it problematic since there are pilots who leave their seat in the middle of the fight for whatever reason. And the ship of course just stands there taking a lot of damage.

Last time someone took control of my ship, I just blocked his view until he got off.

Seriously, he just leeched the enitre mission, not moving a muscle, and then when I got off the pilot seat to jump he suddenly jumps in and flies in circles.

If he wanted to pilot he could have asked me instead of leeching just to fly around for 5 seconds.

And that's regardless of how many times I try to talk to people. It happens almost every time that there's only 3 crewships left in the mission, no fighters, and everybody just stands there, doing nothing.

Like, seriously, do I have to command EVERYTHING? Is it really that hard to jump into the slingshot or artillery when you see 3 ships in front of the cockpit firing enough missiles to make america jealous? Am I the only one who actually thinks and pays attention?

6 hours ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

I don't know, I just find the idea of allowing anyone to pilot your railjack stupid really.

sounds like you have a bad case of Han Solo Syndrome.

I'm fine with a host piloting, but here's the problem: the host isn't always actually any good at it. plenty times they leave the ship in the open, getting attacked from all sides, and sometimes the ship has to be moved or otherwise it's one catastrophic fail after another, you run out of repair goop and - mission failed - .

if recruit chat doesn't work for you, I'd say just keep in the pilot seat, and if your ship goes catastrophic, it's up to the engineers or whoever else to deal with it.

31 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Am I the only one who actually thinks and pays attention?

possibly, but again, the problem is simply that you're getting bad groups like OP. it happens, so the best thing to do is try and recruit some people with specific roles, e.g. "LF Gunner/Boarder/Engineer etc.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

plenty times they leave the ship in the open, getting attacked from all sides, and sometimes the ship has to be moved or otherwise it's one catastrophic fail after another, you run out of repair goop and - mission failed - .

This keeps happening to me, which is usually when I just take 5 minutes of "I am the captain now" and get out of a sticky situation to save Omni.

...Why it happens as far as LATE SATURN is a mystery to me.

11 hours ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

Here's a serious issue I have with the Railjack.

When i communicate to teammates that I am going to be on the helm and firing, I shouldn't have to get off to take care of every single problem on the ship whilst dumbo #1 decides to pilot MY RAILJACK.

I honestly believe that each railjack should only allow the one who created it to be able to pilot it.

I've dealt with two very ignorant players in regards to this even after communicating to them. I should not have to do this nonstop. Like I said, railjacks should only be commanded and piloted by the one who put in time and effort into starting it. I poured a lot of resources and time into the ship, I should be able to pilot it without another tenno trying to jack the helm.

Don't be selfish like "ITS MY RAILJACK SO I SHOULD DECIDE WHO WILL DO WHAT

do one thing.. Play solo.. 

Your idea or suggestion is totally trash.. Anyone can do anything whatever they wanna do.. No matter whose ship it is.. Otherwise there is no point doing a coop gamemode or doing railjack with friends coz literally u are killing the fun by limiting it. 

I feel you bro. There are also other ways to grief railjacks: sitting on turret and wasting energy/ammo, taking pilot seat and making it harder to land a shot from forward artillery, wasting all omni so there is no omni left to repair critical failure, etc. I just abort mission when i see a guy like this. I don't want to recommend this because i don't want Warframe to be like this with countless aborts and host migrations, but it feels like it saves me a lot of time while DE is working on fixing railjack.

Also i play Warframe for several years now and i never blocked so many people as i blocked in a month of trying to play railjack. I do not enjoy doing that, but i don't know how else i can play this game mode. Hopefully they could fix all the issues and it will enjoyable for everyone.

Does anyone know when AI/NPC crew is going to arrive?