Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack

Being able to lock the pilot seat or be able to kick someone from the pilot seat would be great. Just as I'd like an option where I can decide not to be effected by the tactical abilities of the host. Getting really annoying when you run into a captain that just must use his S#&$ty squad recall+heal ability every chance he gets.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Thewarlord1278 said:

I was just doing a normal railjack mission in the veil you know  nothing special, having some people join  because hey why not when I left the pilot seat thing for one minute and this "nice human" take the ship and fly it right up to the ship killer platform causing me to have to rush through the platform, then recall back to the ship to repair it. This wouldn't happen if we had the option to kick. Yes there can be downsides but most people aren't a**holes.

"I went into a railjack mission with public matchmaking enabled and people joined me because, duh, wasn't playing solo or invite only and they weren't experts on what to do!" Kick feature would abused by toxic players so that won't be added. If you don't want to complain about the performance of players, make your own premade squads, making clear who does what and how geared/experienced they are.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Being able to lock the pilot seat or be able to kick someone from the pilot seat would be great. Just as I'd like an option where I can decide not to be effected by the tactical abilities of the host. Getting really annoying when you run into a captain that just must use his S#&$ty squad recall+heal ability every chance he gets.

Oh yeah, I had this with the sentient ship where multiple times we had the case of 19/20 Sentients... recall against consent--> no shard.

But yeah the owner of the ship needs to have more power in crew management. I have my ship grounded it the Garage/Hangar/Dry Dock due to bad experience with randoms(feels like wasted resources). I assume that there are a lot of ships out there that are not available for public matchmaking because of that.

Edited by CR0ME

I could just see trolls hosting a seemingly harmless mission and then kicking all 3 players before the mission summary pops up screwing the players out of their time and loot.

That's the trouble with kick systems, no matter how well you implement them somebody, somewhere, somehow will find a way to abuse it.

On 2020-02-01 at 4:12 AM, (PS4)Thewarlord1278 said:

I was just doing a normal railjack mission in the veil you know  nothing special, having some people join  because hey why not when I left the pilot seat thing for one minute and this "nice human" take the ship and fly it right up to the ship killer platform causing me to have to rush through the platform, then recall back to the ship to repair it. This wouldn't happen if we had the option to kick. Yes there can be downsides but most people aren't a**holes.

Please feel free to use the search function or review the following thread explaining the exact same issue:

Another option to kicking can be found in this thread:

Edited by Aesthier

You gotta realize when you say "Kick" people will assume you mean the ability to remove someone from the lobby, since that's generally what the term is used for.

But yes, Railjack hosts need options for proper crew management. I like joining and hosting public games and completely understand the risks of this random element. But generally, in most missions, those risks can be managed either by the mission not having strict requirements for success, or a powerful set up. Railjack is different since control of something crucial can be completely taken over to the point of potential trolling, and for some to say "Well stay in the pilot seat" doesn't solve scenarios where the pilot may be required to operate the forge briefly when no one else is, or invade crewships/stations when no one else will.

A locking system for the host would be nice. Alternatively, the host should have the option to press the interact key to quickly take over the pilot seat if someone is in it, which sounds more like what you're asking for.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-01 at 8:57 AM, FRTE_Ret5o said:

And why not a lock sistem, such as selecting what can be used and what cant be used, and you can change that in mid-mission. Then there will not be someone messing arround with your railjack

This is the best idea. DE needs to implement this for hosters.

• Like 1