Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your bullet jump macro? (AutoHotkey)

Sohaya-

Question

23 answers to this question

#InstallKeybdHook
SetTitleMatchMode, 3
SetKeyDelay 10
#IfWinActive Warframe
bulletToggle := 0
meleeToggle := 0

Msg(s)
{
    ToolTip, %s%, 140, 140
    SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, 2000
    return
}

RemoveToolTip:
{
    SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, Off
    ToolTip
    ;return
}

~Home::
if(meleeToggle=0){
    meleeToggle:=1
    msg("Rapid Melee Toggle ON")
}    
else{
    meleeToggle:=0
    msg("Rapid Melee Toggle OFF")
}
return

~Insert::
if(bulletToggle=0){
    bulletToggle:=1
    msg("BulletJump Toggle ON")
}    
else{
    bulletToggle:=0
    msg("BulletJump Toggle OFF")
}
return

*MButton::
While GetKeyState("MButton", "P") and meleeToggle=1{
    MouseClick, Middle
    random, ran, 150, 250
    sleep, ran
}
return

*e::
If(bulletToggle=1){
send {LShift Down}
sleep 50
Send {r Down}
Sleep 200
Send {Space}
Sleep 250
Send {Space}
Sleep 50
Send {r Down}
while (GetKeyState("e", "P")){
    sleep 10
}
Send {LShift Up}
Send {r Up}
}
else{
send {e}
}
return

EDIT: Added ability to toggle ON/OFF the script using the INSERT key, because password/login screen reasons, the HOME key also toggles rapid fire quick melee IF your quick melee is set to Middle Mouse Button, so holding MMB will save wear and tear on constantly having to mash MMB...

In this example, holding down the "e" key or "Shift+e" (to work when you are also running), in my case the "r" key is my crouch key, change every instance of "{r down}" or "{r up}"to whatever you use to "hold to crouch" such as the default {ctrl up} / {ctrl down}.

The script only works when the warframe screen is active and does nothing on other windows, to use correctly, get in game and hold "e", you will bullet jump, to only bullet jump let go of "e" immediatly when you see yourself crouch then re-activate when needed, if you continue holding "e" as well as the bullet jump you will also end up rolling, just activate/deactivate "e" to keep bullet jumping away.

Like others have said, I am not sure why you need a script just to mash 2 buttons, but whatever, no big deal making a script, this script is also considered "Legal" as it requires your continued pressing/holding of "e" to function, if you change the script into a toggle/fully automatic script, then it will become illegal as scripts/macros are only legal in pretty much all games when the user is physically activating/holding a key, autopilot scripts are a no-go so dont attempt to fully automate it.

ACTIVATE THIS AFTER YOU ENTER YOUR WARFRAME PASSWORD ON LOGIN - Or you will have login issues most likely.

Edited by Methanoid
  • Like 1

you could use a Macro to bind over another button on top of a different one, so that you press both simultaneously. if you're looking for some simplified controls for stress reasons or something. then you can move the one button that you're going to press wherever you want.

• Like 1

No macro, but I have Shift, Control, and Space all next to each other on a hotkey pad.
Movement for me is like when you try to do a drum roll by tapping your fingers in a row real quick.

tenor.gif?itemid=5543990*This, but backwards.
Ring finger Shift=Sprint/Roll, Middle finger Ctrl=Crouch, Index(pointer finger) Space=Jump.
Run is set to toggle on/off.

Edited by kapn655321

2 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Simple answer, you don't need one, unless you have some sort of medical issue like fingers missing, or bad arthritis and you need it to make the game more fun to play.

lol please do you also want to tell me what do i need and what I do not? 

man/woman asked for macro, you dont have the answer, where is the need for talking bulIS#&$ coming from? 

Edited by tzadquiel

47 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

lol please do you also want to tell me what do i need and what I do not? 

man/woman asked for macro, you dont have the answer, where is the need for talking bulIS#&$ coming from? 

Sure, I'll tell you what you need. You need to be less vitriolic over a comment someone else made. They pointed one that Bullet Jumping isn't a complex system within the game. It's merely crouching, aiming, jumping. Rinse. Repeat. Victory. Not hard and only requires a one push macro in certain situations.

If you are in one of those situations, then you have the answer, but chose not to share it.

If you aren't in one of those situations, I would be interested in why you (clears throat) "need" a macro for a simple task. I believe you've confused "need" and "want". You "Want" you experience to be faster, you "want" to skip things, you "want" to press one button to perform a function. I doubt there is any real pressing "need".

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LittleKittyBlue said:

I doubt there is any real pressing "need".

thing is, this is literally not your business. if he/she needs it, she does. you are nobody to judge, asses, and validate their needs. 

far from vitrolic, I just write like I speak - but baking a 6 lines answer over comment to someone's elses comment, could well be.

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Why do you even need a macro to bullet jump

3 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Simple answer, you don't need one, unless you have some sort of medical issue like fingers missing, or bad arthritis and you need it to make the game more fun to play.

Short answer: I don’t *need* one but I want one. It’s a convenience thing.

Long answer: it’s more of a precision thing. Sometimes I accidentally slide off a ledge that I’m trying to jump off of, and it’s getting mildly irritating with what has been going on near my location as of late making me really wound up.

I’m also trying to learn autohotkey and failing, so there’s that.

Edited by RWBY-WhiteRose
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, _COY_ said:

Every external help to play the game (including keyboard macros) is cheating in my opinion.
Don't do it.

You cannot say "in my opinion" and immediately follow with the assertive "don't do it." 

If someone is having trouble playing the game because it's too demanding, it's well within the limitations defined by DE staff themselves -- that if you use macros to actively play the game and not to exploit it -- for them to use a macro. 

2 hours ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

Long answer: it’s more of a precision thing.

Ideally, you want to get more... Convenient? Software than autohotkey. I use an MMO Logitech mice (I currently cannot recommend you get one due to its software being horribly bugged) to store my Macros and Gear Hotkeys on buttons that I generally don't use. The main reason I recommend this is because software like Logitech's Hub or Razor's software has a GUI that allows you to record your routine, and then adjust the timings to more accurately reflect how fast you want to do said action. Being on a mouse, you won't have to deal with needing to tab to activate and deactive these things to type and what not. 

All of the higher end Logitech and I believe most if not all Razor mice are compatible with these softwares. Earlier I mentioned I don't recommend Logitech's software. Currently, the software doesn't execute the command to run your mouse driver, so it won't recognize. You can get around it by simply linking the driver to the application start, or creating a shortcut, but it's quite annoying. 

Spoiler

Before anyone says it, yes I know you can do this in AHK, it's just more intuitive to have a GUI for more simple macros. 

Edited by ShichiseitenYasha
  • Like 1

to everyone else saying git gud my dad also plays with me and his fingers are never precise and fast enough to do a quick bullet jump it always takes him a few seconds to do that is why i wanted look for a way to make it more convenient for him

• Like 1

Needs translation since you're on PC and I'm PS4

but I use my L3 (normally sprint) as my bullet jump macro

tapping L3 does the bullet jump macro, but Holding Down L3 does the default sprint toggle (I use like a 1 second threshold to distinguish)

additionally, X (normal jump) is a Contextual Bullet Jump - if I'm currently moving forward fast it'll do a bullet jump macro, but if I'm only moving slowly it'll just do a normal Jump

On 2020-01-28 at 7:00 PM, Slayer-. said:

I was going to quote this post, then I looked at the name to the left and thought cool great minds think alike. lol

On 2022-04-25 at 8:11 PM, kagan17 said:

to everyone else saying git gud my dad also plays with me and his fingers are never precise and fast enough to do a quick bullet jump it always takes him a few seconds to do that is why i wanted look for a way to make it more convenient for him

My macros are my 57 year old fingers that are still going, but I can understand why players would like it for the above reasons.

On 2022-04-26 at 8:23 AM, -AncientWarrior- said:

Exactly.. wtf !  macro for bullet jump.. serious.. next the OP will make one for walking forward..

12 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I actually made one Specifically for this Purpose In one game once....

Cool, is that the stick something on the forward key to hold it down? :cool: 

When I play Rage 2 I use the ingame function of autodrive, set the destination in my vehicle and let auto drive take me there while I'm out getting a drink or something else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Cool, is that the stick something on the forward key to hold it down? :cool: 

Yep....

It's a Consequence of Open World Games that have no Reason to be open world.... Hence the size of the world was more of a nuisance than anything else....if I'm going to do nothing other than pressing W to the next destination then I might aswell have a Macro to do that for me while I do something more productive.... Like Picking my Nose or Scratching my Ass.... 👀