Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inbox freezes/softlocks game when reading certain messages

(NSW)AzuelZorro102

Title explains most, but I've seen other posts about the same so I figure I would add to the pile.

The other posts that seem to have the same issue are here:

When selecting certain messages in the Inbox, the game softlocks. The cursor still works but pressing the B button to exit out, selecting other messages, using the joystick to move up/down or any other buttons don't work. The only way to get out of the Inbox (hence the softlock) is to exit out of the game and reenter.

For me specifically this is when I selected a certain message from Ordis (Arsenal Tuning) received on 10/18/19 with my Legendary Core mod as an attachment. I was attempting to delete it but realized I couldn't do anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this glitch both upon completing War Within and upon receiving one of the rewards from the Vallis Fractures event.  The trigger seems to be moving the cursor over a mod sent as a reward (i.e. to check and see what the mod does) -- the animation does not play, and the game is locked in a state where the cursor and chat window remain active, but no other controls function.

This is a repeatable error, as it happens every time I attempt to move the cursor over a mod attached to an inbox message, even if I had just rebooted my game and system.

I can repeat this as well. From what I've been reading in the patch notes, this sounds almost like it's a script error.

For more information, I got the softlock when I went to the War Within completion inbox message and tried to hover over the Riven that you receive from it - it then locked up the screen except for the chat window and cursor. I could load up the Chat Window with my ZL button, but couldn't exit out of the menu. However, if I just go over to the mod attachment with L or R to get to it, but don't hover over it, the screen doesn't lock up and allows me to leave whenever I want.