Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The RNG I'd like to see in Railjack

(PSN)Laertide

I'd like to make a premise. I understand the will of the DE to want to prevent Empyrean from making the same end of other previous expansions.

Specifically prevent some players from rushing the content and then complaining after a month that Warframe never gives anything new. Let's realize that there are players who after a week from the launch had already reached intrinsic 10.

I understand and appreciate that ED is trying to prevent this

But I think they too understood by now that randomizing the expansion to such an extent was a bit too much of a solution, leading the players to frustration.

Unfortunately, finding the balance between preventing players from "ending" the game and creating frustration is very difficult.

So here is my idea to still give a random content to railjack, but without this causes anger in the players.

Now, that the sentient anomaly releases sentient tokens, why not use it to create a figurehead or a flag for railjack?

I would like that I could go to Palladino and have a flag built. In addition to a number of sentient tokens, he would obviously also need Empyrean resources and Dirac.

In order to avoid ruining the gameplay by making the sentient anomaly similar to how Eidolons are played (players who try to minimize the time needed to get more rewards at all costs), one solution would be to limit the number of times the sentient reward can be reclamed when it appears (as proposed by Iukinu_u).

Eventually one could also think of a rerolling system...

Returning to the main, this flag would have, as features, some bonuses of the MkIII components, plus some  bonuses to the values of the railjack. The total number of these bonuses is obviously open to discussion...

Some of these could be the following ones:

1. Shield capacity: up to +200;
  2. Regeneration delay: up to -0.8s
  3. Additional shield regeneration: up to +1.2%
  4. Additional speed: up to +12m/s
  5. Boost multiplier: up to +0.12;
  6. Avionics capacity: up to +20;
  7. Flux capacity: up to +60.
  8. Turret Damage: up to +12%;
  9. Turret Fire Rate: up to +12%

I deducted these numbers simply in this way: taking the highest possible bonus and establishing the range between 0 and + 20% of that number. Obviously these numbers are only a starting point (as asked by DrivaMain taken away negative numbers).

My idea is to make the basic setting of railjack fairly standard, and to place randomization on one aspect, of limited influence on the ship.

It would also be fantastic if this object (flag, figurehead or whatever you want) is also an actual decorative object inserted inside the railjack.

This object could also have randomization aspects in its appearance. In this way it would push the players not only to look for them for utility, but also for beauty. Having a powerful but ugly flag, or on the contrary beautiful but with too negative values, would be a strong push to find better ones.

It could be inserted in the console in the center of the main room (the one with the arsenal), or as a watermark on the window above the reactor...

Consequently, the values of the components (to which the bonus MKIII would be removed) and turrets should always be the same for tier and house.

Edited by (PS4)Tekikko
changes after right comments

The idea itself is not bad, but a RNG stats item that you can only craft once a week is a big no.

Maybe make the systeme ovall similar to riven, tie it to sentient lore and allow player to individually reroll each stats with sentient would be a preferable solution.
In my opinion, heavy stat RNG is only acceptable only if you have decent chances of getting what you want, but need to need to invest more time, resources and luck only to min max you stuff. For example Riven are not good but you still get at least 2 of the 5-6 stats you may want without investing too much Kuva and make the mod usable, even if not perfect.

10 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

The idea itself is not bad, but a RNG stats item that you can only craft once a week is a big no.

Maybe make the systeme ovall similar to riven, tie it to sentient lore and allow player to individually reroll each stats with sentient would be a preferable solution.
In my opinion, heavy stat RNG is only acceptable only if you have decent chances of getting what you want, but need to need to invest more time, resources and luck only to min max you stuff. For example Riven are not good but you still get at least 2 of the 5-6 stats you may want without investing too much Kuva and make the mod usable, even if not perfect.

Could be a solution.

But, the purpose of doing it once a week is twofold:

1. Firstly, we would avoid transforming the sentent anomaly as the new Eidolon in which we would try to minimize the time to get as many shards as possible. I'm afraid it would create a toxic game mode like it is now for Eidolons;
  2. Secondly, it may overshadow further Empyrean developments.

The main purpose of this system would be to guarantee replayability without tying it too much to sentient anomalies (eventually we can increase the number of flags that can be made weekly, but they should be limited).

As for using a system similar to riven, this too, in my opinion, would present some problems. I think that the riven system is somehow broken. The values and randomization are excessive. A riven goes to modify a weapon too much, especially if it has a high disposition. Furthermore, the number of riven is limited. They are random with the Sortie and you can take a new one a week from Palladino, so also flags should be limited in accessibility.

Perhaps, a solution could be to allow the re-roll of individual features. For example, the flag has 5 bonuses. I decide that of these bonuses what interests me to keep unchanged is avionic capacity. Consequently, I ask Palladino to modify the remaining 4 characteristics (using resources or Dirac). Of course, once I choose which bonus to keep, I can't change it.

With the sentient flags system, i think that the bonuses should be fairly limited, but still able to guarantee some improvements and a unique customization to your railjack.

In fact, the idea of including a randomized decorative aspect would serve precisely to reduce the numerical impact on statistics. The value of the flag would not only be tied to its statistics, but also to its decorative importance.

59 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I want the RNG range to be better not worse than their non RNG values because it will only lead to frustations. I would support your claim if the range starts at 0%.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tekikko said:

I deducted these books simply in this way: taking the highest possible bonus and establishing the range between -10% and + 20% of that number. Obviously these numbers are only a starting point.

For me it's not a problem... was just an idea...

I simply thought that a little malus could make it interesting, but we can safely do without it...

Edited the post in order to include your right observation. If someone else ask the same, I'll change the post entirely...

Edited by (PS4)Tekikko

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)Tekikko a dit :

But, the purpose of doing it once a week is twofold:

1. Firstly, we would avoid transforming the sentent anomaly as the new Eidolon in which we would try to minimize the time to get as many shards as possible. I'm afraid it would create a toxic game mode like it is now for Eidolons;
  2. Secondly, it may overshadow further Empyrean developments.

Another solution would be to limit the shard reward of each anomaly instance to one for player, so you don't rush the mission multiple time in a row while it's aviable to get as much shards as possible.

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)Tekikko a dit :

As for using a system similar to riven, this too, in my opinion, would present some problems. I think that the riven system is somehow broken. The values and randomization are excessive. A riven goes to modify a weapon too much, especially if it has a high disposition. Furthermore, the number of riven is limited. They are random with the Sortie and you can take a new one a week from Palladino, so also flags should be limited in accessibility.

This only because Palladino is a secondary way of getting rivens, which normally drop for sorties.

46 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Another solution would be to limit the shard reward of each anomaly instance to one for player, so you don't rush the mission multiple time in a row while it's aviable to get as much shards as possible.

I like this idea

edited the main post with your addition

Edited by (PS4)Tekikko