Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how efficient really is warframe.market?/how long does it usually take to sell something there

(PSN)zenhumphrey

i have been playing and trading in warframe for a long time but i actually never use warframe.market even though my friends and some good traders i've talked to about trading more efficiently has mostly suggested i use warframe.market, so the people can just go to the website and type what they wanna buy then they pm if they wanna buy my stuff but i actually dont know if it'll get me alot of plat faster or if it's as fast as trade chat. Please let me know down below. Thank you

If you ask me, it's a quite convenient tool. When i want to buy something using warframe market, i tend to look for users that are online at that moment, and i generally get a response pretty fast, without messaging more than 3 or 4 sellers.

If you want to use it to sell, I think the one big disadvantage is the fact that you can order the items in sale by price, so people will always tend to contact the sellers with lowest prices first. If you want to rise your prices a little bit, you will have a hard time finding buyers.

Edited by General-Pacman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, General-Pacman said:

If you ask me, it's a quite convenient tool. When i want to buy something using warframe market, i tend to look for users that are online at that moment, and i generally get a response pretty fast, without messaging more than 3 or 4 sellers.

have you ever sold anything in the website? 

I use it to estimate my asking price, or to see if the price being asked is way out of line. I usually aim for somewhere between what all the buyers want to pay and the sellers want to charge. There's usually a nice 20-plat gap, so aiming in the middle is often successful (because hey, what's 10 plat among ruthless cutthroats?)

Never used it to arrange a sale or contact a potential buyer/seller.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

its much more convenient than asking in trade as you can do other stuff while still having the items up for sale they can just whisper you. i do nearly all my trading on market and i would never want to go back to only chat trading

Edited by Laston
  • Like 3

I've sold 1 or 2 parts there, once.

Set up the offer, changed my status to "online in game" and waited about 5-15 minutes til someone contacted me with something like "hey, do you still sell X for Y plat (warframe.market)".

Worked like a charm.

I also bought 2 shedu parts there, just contacted the person offering the lowest that that is currently online and we traded in their dojo.

Works fine.

• Like 1

Honestly I recommend the site as it makes trading a whole lot easier, compared the message spam you see in trade chat. It takes a little bit, and sometimes players do the "Player is online" when they're not, and don't change it ever. But otherwise Its worth doing, as its my main way to trade, especially with the riven market attachment they added.

Depends on how competitive you are and how desirable what you're selling actually is.

Try to remember there aren't just sellers there are also buyers and the actual value can frequently fall anywhere between the two. However everything is subjective a huge gap between the two doesn't always mean anything but sometimes it certainly does. 

It works very well.   

However, it does take a small amount of effort.   If you are trying to sell 1 or 2 things it can either be feast or famine.  But, you can list quite a few things (like 20 or more) and price them reasonably...you can minimize your sales times or max plat/hour by just only going live for like 30 minutes while you watch a YT video or a TV show.  I have about 200+ items in my account and I update prices maybe once per month and go live maybe once or twice a month.   So maybe 60 minutes of "work" per month and my plat need are satisfied all while doing something else. 

The key is to realistic expectations and to manage your time.  

• Like 1

Depends on item, price, and time of day. Some items sell quicker than others, and time of day impacts pricing; busy hours it's harder to sell above average unless other sellers are afk and buyer is impatient, late at night there's less sellers and people online are actually afk.

Nightwave/alerts also impact things.

Gonna share my experience from both sides.

As a buyer it's usually fast, unless its a more exotic item, where a few have lower price, but the rest don't, so I try to be stingy. Often (50-50) those with lower prices are actually offline or afk or something, so I either wait or crack and get a more expensive coppy eventually.

As a seller, I'll put it like this. 3 days ago I 0d my plat for cosmetics, so I just put all of the primes and other items I don't need, never at the lowest value, since I'm trying to diminish the spam, which comes with pressing the online in game button. Long story short, 2 days in a row I ran out of trades in less than an hour, made about 2k plat and according to the site there's about 3k more listed up there.

In short. It works, but requires a small amount of dedicated time.

8 hours ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

i have been playing and trading in warframe for a long time but i actually never use warframe.market even though my friends and some good traders i've talked to about trading more efficiently has mostly suggested i use warframe.market, so the people can just go to the website and type what they wanna buy then they pm if they wanna buy my stuff but i actually dont know if it'll get me alot of plat faster or if it's as fast as trade chat. Please let me know down below. Thank you

- never did buy any plat for $
- never did use trade chat < got it disabled in options from i believe 2nd week of my gameplay
- in 35 mins from when i made this reply it will be my 814 login day
- i started making plat around 400-500th day of my gameplay
- i sold 4 rivens in my life around 1k each
- i got like 500 hydro caps and sold ALMOST every arcane i get < arcanes r0 worth 2 plat sold r3 around 30 plat
- most of my income are syndicate weapons from 2 syndicates and magus repair/lockdown
- i think i sold like 20-40 primed sets in my life
- i dont sell primed parts since i use them as ducat fodder
- sold like +/- 40 primed mods r10 for BELOW 300 plat each
- now take in account that i did need to buy many primed parts i wanted and/or cosmetics 
- or even mods i missed like all corrupted mods and idk condition overload some expensive stances or shell shock
- slots for weapons frames archwing and whatever else
- also consider i most likely buy everything else any other item casual player did buy like eggs kavat codes potatoes riven slots
now keep in mind i did all that using only warframe.market then look below and answer ur own question

quick edit here-----
almost forgot do a simple math
A - sit in store whole day and sell 5 eggs
B - sit in house all day doing what u want and go open a door for 5 customers who want buy 1 egg at different time of a day
guess which will give u more flexibility

UgPhHjR.png

Edited by ZeroX4