Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Level Difficulty Option.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

To be a bit more clear, this is an option to switch to a higher level difficulty for the entire solar system. Basically how railjack takes us to an alternative solar system navigation menu. There could be an option to switch to an elite level navigation menu where all the planets are the same extremely high level. I’m thinking level 90-100.

Why? Well cause so many players are demanding nerfs for warframes due to lower level enemies being nuked. It’s not fair for those who haven’t progressed that much in the game to figure out or get the mods necessary for such builds. 

So I figured an option to switch to a higher level solar system would satisfy the players who demand a challenge. A higher rewards system for that option could draw more advanced players away from the weaker missions so that newbies don’t feel left out. Since clearly using the solo option is too difficult for them. 

And the ONLY way to access this option is to have every single mission node completed. Similar to arbitrations. Cannot be carried or taxied. So only the advanced players who have completed the entire solar system will have access to the elite level Solar system option.

Drop rates for certain rare loot or warframe parts could be increased. Maybe the spawn rate of rare/reinforced containers would be increased as well. 

Either way, the constant demands for nerfs and more difficult challenges shouldn’t interfere with everybody else’s experience. 

I feel like the Kuva Lich content and Arbitrations are methods for them to do this. They use the existing star map, but restrict play to a sortie level instance with a limited player base, while giving selective bonuses to the enemy units.

[DE] doing this to avoid splitting up the player bases permanently, as Warframe functions well partly because enough higher- level players are doing repeating the same content, some of the time that lower- level players can get some surpise help if they start having a hard time with a particular mission. 

See i think the real problem is that difficulty in this game is not about the level. Sortie enemies are not any stronger because they're 60-100. But if they're all Eximus units, or higher armor, that changes things.

What DE needs to do is employ different Tactics to enemies & not just armor scale forever & ever. Cause in reality 90-100 doesn't = Difficulty. It just means they take less damage/ do more damage.

When i saw your thread I imagined Grineer on Earth shooting heavier grade weapons (like when Lancers go from Grakatas to Karak rifles) that's a noticeable change. 

Or when Corpus start sending Nullifier dudes. But the problem with Nullifiers is if they have that technology then "higher difficulty" to should pop out little Nullifier lasers everywhere on the map, if need be. 

It's a good topic. Just nothing we haven't asked for before, cause difficulty in this game so cumulative on level for some reason. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)JAyMaN002 said:

See i think the real problem is that difficulty in this game is not about the level. Sortie enemies are not any stronger because they're 60-100. But if they're all Eximus units, or higher armor, that changes things.

What DE needs to do is employ different Tactics to enemies & not just armor scale forever & ever. Cause in reality 90-100 doesn't = Difficulty. It just means they take less damage/ do more damage.

When i saw your thread I imagined Grineer on Earth shooting heavier grade weapons (like when Lancers go from Grakatas to Karak rifles) that's a noticeable change. 

Or when Corpus start sending Nullifier dudes. But the problem with Nullifiers is if they have that technology then "higher difficulty" to should pop out little Nullifier lasers everywhere on the map, if need be. 

It's a good topic. Just nothing we haven't asked for before, cause difficulty in this game so cumulative on level for some reason. 

Well I did suggest a more difficult corpus map layout which eventually became the new Jupiter. 

I have a lot of ideas for more complicated enemies, weapons, and map layout but doubt a lot of people would agree. Plus this topic was to get a conversation/discussion at least started. 

Main reason was cause of the MR tests. Why dodge the lasers, sneak past enemies, all of that if nothing in the game came close to them? One test had a spinning laser wall to dodge. Figured a spy mission with that could be challenging which DE did add to the new Jupiter. So there are many more ideas for map layouts. And enemies that I have in mind. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins