Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Linux/Wine - Crash on the very first loading screen

ScootsRiver

Question

Been trying to get this game working for like a week now, but with steam, the launcher crashes right on "Updating DirectX components." Which I guess makes sense, it's linux. But I get farther with Lutris, about 3/5 of the loading bar fills for the actual game, I hear that one Nidus sound effect you hear when you login, then the game just closes. That's the farthest I've gotten.

The logs seem to show that everything's perfectly fine until the game just gives up right here:

19.680 Net [Info]: NAT-PMP request opcode 0 timed request.
19.680 Sys [Info]: No NAT-PMP gateway found
2020-01-28 11:45:18,960: Unable to read stat for process 22923
2020-01-28 11:45:18,961: Unable to read stat for process 22923
All children gone
Exit with returncode 0

Next time I tried it said "Unable to read stat for process 23846" twice in a row again.

My specs meet the requirements for Warframe, I've played it on here before, on windows. But I can't do windows now, so I'm running Manjaro using wine to play windows games. I've tried multiple different versions of wine, but I'm still a bit computer illiterate so I'm not sure if there's a specific version I should use or what, so I'll provide whatever other info is needed.

Edited by ScootsRiver
formatting

1 answer to this question

On 2020-01-28 at 11:34 AM, ScootsRiver said:

Been trying to get this game working for like a week now, but with steam, the launcher crashes right on "Updating DirectX components." Which I guess makes sense, it's linux. But I get farther with Lutris, about 3/5 of the loading bar fills for the actual game, I hear that one Nidus sound effect you hear when you login, then the game just closes. That's the farthest I've gotten.anjaro using wine to play windows games. I've tried multiple different versions of wine, but I'm still a bit computer illiterate so I'm not sure if there's a specific version I should use or what, so I'll provide whatever other info is needed.

Using wine might be using up all the ram you need to play Warframe. Make sure you have enough to run wine and Warframe.