Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So this might be a new enemy type?

JackHargreav

13 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Those shapes are the amalgams from Jupiter, my guess the sentients basically break them down to goo and use it to make new units to get around the wombs made barren thing from traveling to the origin system from tau

That also makes sense.

I hope in the New War we will get to know more about how the sentients work.

27 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well the entrence to the sentient ship does look like a giant alien cooch.

That's about par for the course with all the backsides, codpieces, prongs, and sockets that fill up Warframe's artistic style. Hell, they've even got an ayatan sculpture called PIV. 

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Or... is it fetus?

there once was a Sentient Fetus

who wanted to destroy all of Cetus

but a Warframe of glass

kicked it's Sentient a$$

now it's left to just pick up the pieces!

I look forward to learning more about the sentients in the New War. another kind of screwed up thing is that the Battalysts in the ship, the ones that look half-baked, ARE half baked; the Codex sys they are forced out of their "birth" before they fully develop the lower half of their bodies (but when you can float everywhere, do you even need legs anyhow?).

the Sentients were made as slaves, cast into a different solar system they didn't know or ask for, then when they try to come home they become infertile, and now, just as they figured out another way to make babies, we start killing them all.

We'Re StILL ThE GoOd GuYs, RiGhT?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

but a Warframe of glass

kicked it's Sentient a$$

I look forward to learning more about the sentients in the New War. another kind of screwed up thing is that the Battalysts in the ship, the ones that look half-baked, ARE half baked; the Codex sys they are forced out of their "birth" before they fully develop the lower half of their bodies (but when you can float everywhere, do you even need legs anyhow?).

the Sentients were made as slaves, cast into a different solar system they didn't know or ask for, then when they try to come home they become infertile, and now, just as they figured out another way to make babies, we start killing them all.

Drone units are not true sentient babies, they are just extensions of the sentient mother. They can't reproduce other intelligent sentient yet but they can spit out drones from raw materials. There's a reason the lotus is the lotus and not generic sentient mimic drone #45656776

Edited by Spoop3

3 hours ago, seprent said:

Show me any of the tile set for the anomaly in the veil you can tell me is warframe but all i can see is oblivion daedric towers half expecting a scamp to show up when i'd turn a corner 

Glad I am not the only one. 

Only needs a glowy star with a black core to finish it. 

13 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

That's about par for the course with all the backsides, codpieces, prongs, and sockets that fill up Warframe's artistic style. Hell, they've even got an ayatan sculpture called PIV. 

First time I saw an Ayatan those socket holes only reminded me of one thing...

I bet Freud would have a field day with me. Now that I think of it, that sounded kinky.

12 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

but a Warframe of glass

kicked it's Sentient a$$

Is the Doom slayer a good guy?

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Is the Doom slayer a good guy?

yes, but we aren't doom slayers, and I'm not sure Sentients can be viewed in the same light as Demons: you kill demons, because they're just pure evil, there's nothing else to them, but Sentients are intelligent and have their own reasons for going to war. they are more like a true faction, like the Grineer; they have an actual story behind them.

don't get me wrong, love DOOM and can't wait for DOOM: Eternal, but I don't think Sentients and traditional demons are a fair comparison.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yes, but we aren't doom slayers, and I'm not sure Sentients can be viewed in the same light as Demons: you kill demons, because they're just pure evil, there's nothing else to them, but Sentients are intelligent and have their own reasons for going to war. they are more like a true faction, like the Grineer; they have an actual story behind them.

don't get me wrong, love DOOM and can't wait for DOOM: Eternal, but I don't think Sentients and traditional demons are a fair comparison.

Are you SURE they're pure evil though? I mean, yeah, they're coming into the world to tear apart our reality and drag us into hell, but a peek into the lore (I'd recommend Roanoke gaming) and it becomes increasingly likely that the majority of the demons are victims of such past events on other worlds, horrifically mutated, twisted and forced to do this by circumstance. After which, they are pursued by an unstoppable, unending menace that massacred demons that weren't ever actually invading anyone for millenia. They're as much victims as the humans you're fighting to protect.

But at the end of the day, they're coming to destroy human civilisation, and you have to stop them by any means necessary. The same is true of the Sentients, at the end of the day.

That's why I love them as a faction so much. They DID have a point, but it's become increasingly clear that any noble goals have become corrupted over time. What may have started as justifiable retribution turned to demonization of biological life. What once was a crusade against a threat to their existence turns to a genocide against a system that's entirely helpless (Grineer die to Oculyst scanners for pete's sake), and in some case, doesn't even hold ill will against the Sentients. Cetus outright reveres the Eidolons as much as they fear them, and the legend of their origin involves a period of prosperity where Eidolon and Humans lived in peace and communion together. There is no reason why the Sentients and humanity couldn't co-exist. Hell, the Tenno lived alongside the Lotus for enough time, even after learning her true nature, so it's not like the two species are fated to fight. There's proof we can get along.

When you look at the nature of how the Sentients return to Origin, and the fact they have their own system, it becomes quite likely that the Sentients we meet are but fraction of the actual population. Looking at real life, such one-way trips and wars usually get recruits by fanaticising people so they're willing to make such sacrifices. For another Sentient example, remember that most Sentient material appears alive, so the material to make Amalgams could have been carved off a living, thinking, feeling Sentient and grafted to something else. The mind quite possibly still having feeling whilst it does so, and I don't think anaesthetic works on living metal. If not, then the Sentients desecrated a grave to give Alad that tech. Neither being something you'd consider particularly moral actions.

It's entirely likely that the genocidal monsters willing to do anything to get a petty victory in a war long gone, described as having 'found religion' are little more than a cult that's still clinging to the past.  I can honestly see a more peaceful Sentient sub-faction crop up consisting of these peaceful Sentients, and Lotus acting as an ambassador as her new role should she survive the New War and re-defect back/get freed from mind control.

Do realize that the only units you actually see spawn from the pools are brachiolysts, which are distinctly different in that they do not have a sentient core, and therefore arent able to adapt to damage.

14 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the Sentients were made as slaves

And I cant wait for it to be confirmed that human minds were used in their creation, cause if Orokin were good at one thing its to subjugate humans. There's been hints about it in the past and now with the new tileset, particularly what the brachiolyst's existence suggests as well as some enviromental hints, like the center of the basin tile.