Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dojo Idea] How about a Landing Craft Docking Bay?

Shade_Final

As the title says, I think it would be cool to add a proper Landing Craft Docking Bay to be built in Dojos (sort of like the ones in Relays). There direct purpose would be more of a cosmetic one, which would have allies of the Tenno be able to visit your Dojo and wander around for a bit before leaving. Just an idea to liven up the empty halls and rooms of Dojos.

edit: I feel like I should specify, by allies, I mean NPCs who help the Tenno. Such as the various factions or recruited Liches.

Edited by Shade_Final
I didn't know the Orbiter was it's own thing, my intention was a Landing Craft docking bay (just used the terms interchangeably).
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

The Orbiter is HUGE probably much to large for that. A landing craft dock would be fine though. 

I'm not too sure what you're bringing that up for, however based on their appearance in Relays, Orbiters aren't that big. The room itself would essentially just be the docking stations in the Relays. As said, it's function wouldn't be for you to land there, but as a place for random NPCs to land there and walk around the Dojo for a bit (such as recruited Liches). Just put it off to the side like most people do with the Drydock.

4 minutes ago, Shade_Final said:

I'm not too sure what you're bringing that up for, however based on their appearance in Relays, Orbiters aren't that big. The room itself would essentially just be the docking stations in the Relays. As said, it's function wouldn't be for you to land there, but as a place for random NPCs to land there and walk around the Dojo for a bit (such as recruited Liches). Just put it off to the side like most people do with the Drydock.

The actual orbiter is huge, the liset is just the landing craft attaches to it, which includes only the navigation room.

The entire concept of the orbiter needs to be redone and the way the dojo is built and how it functions should also be looked at.

4 minutes ago, Shade_Final said:

Orbiter =/= Liset, Mantis or what have you. Look at this

Image result for warframe orbiter vs landing craft"

You see that little bit, ringed in blue right at the very front? That's a Liset. The rest of that is the full Orbiter. The full Orbiter is likely about twice as long as the Railjack.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shade_Final said:

orbiters are huge the Liset is only some kind of shuttle. it is not the full orbiter.

30 minutes ago, Shade_Final said:

yea. the thing you see in the relay is just the landing craft, which is like 1/100th the size of the orbiter. IE that picture Loza posted

and what i meant by "landing craft dock" was the docking station in relays where we dock our landing craft.

Edited by Miser_able

Well S#&$, I didn't even know the Orbiter was a different thing, I just used the term interchangeably with the Landing Craft. Regardless, it's clear that I meant our landing crafts the moment I mentioned the docks in the Relay. Guess I gotta edit the page now...

I'd love to see anybody in the dojo, like we do in the Dry Docks. (npc-wise) If this means adding an AI waypoint/action system that requires décor capacity, then so be it. I've even gone as far as giving the dock workers places to rest, take breaks, nap, and so on. Taking a normal tile and converting it to bunks and personal rooms for their required use (e.g. amount of capacity equates naturally to how many npcs can be spawn hosted) could become an incredibly complex dojo function for the player base.

i would like a room in the dojo that is interfaced to my orbiter.

so i can check up on things like the foundry , Pets , Relics and other exclusive Orbiter options.

My Dojo is beautiful and i like doing missions from there and seeing changes that were made by the decorators to various rooms.

But the need to return to orbiter to claim foundry items or check the codex and syndicates is annoying.