Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Dhamir, the Vampiric Tank (Reworked)

Gashabae

Synopsis - A vampiric themed tank possessing the ability of haemokinesis. This frame provides some support through its passive, cc through its first, and damage through its first(scaling)/third.

>>> Questions and suggestions are encouraged <<<

Base Stats

Spoiler

Health - 75 (225 at max)

Shields - N/A

Armour - 650

Sprint - 1.0

Energy - 150 (225 at max)

Passives

Spoiler

Pure Blood - Allies within affinity range are linked to Dhamir receiving 25% of the healing she does. This is not a physical link like Trinity's Link or Nidus' Parasitic Link, rather it is presented as a faint black hue around allies it affects. 

Preau Mult - Dhamir possesses Overhealth, granting her a maximum of 2500 Overhealth.

Abilities

Sange Clone (1) <New>

Spoiler

Dhamir creates a blood clone of herself using some of her health. The health of the clone scales by both the health used to create it and her strength. Dhamir can only create one clone. A clone can multiply but can only do so on its own through sub-abilities.

Keep in mind...

There is no cap to how much Overhealth these clones can receive and that may seem overpowered but their only real use is for some cc and detonation if losing all the health they have seems worth it. Both Consume and Multiply would apply an impact like stagger and would have a short mercy like animation for the clones (bite neck-ish area). The ability would work similarly to Venari where tapping the ability key would cycle through different 'stances' with an exception to Detonate which works as an alternative ability (hold key). Their health pool would be presented as a collective health pool meaning it would look similar to Nezha's Warding Halo in the hud but have the rough design of the Diablo blood health sphere (their individual health pools would still be separate from each other). Since the clones scale off of the used health rather than her total health having very high efficiency can actually hurt this ability.

Cost

• 50% current health (initial cost)

Strength

• 2.0/2.75/3.25/4.0 x (health multiplier)

Misc

• Infinite (clone lifespan)
  • 4s (cool down between each clone ability use, each clone has their own individual cool down)

Clone Abilities

Spoiler

Skewer (tap to cycle)

All clones periodically create a blood stake to impale a single enemy

Duration

• 8s (stake duration)

Misc

• 10% of clone current health (cost per use)

Consume (tap to cycle)

All clones seek out a living enemy and leach a % of that enemy's health healing the clones and granting Overhealth if health is above base.

Misc

• 5% (health leached to heal)

Multiply (tap to cycle)

Similar to consume, all clones seek out a living enemy and leach a % of its health, however, the health is used to create a new clone mirroring the original clone's health (will automatically have Overhealth if the original did). Once the max number of clones is reached this ability will not be available.

Misc

• 5% (health leached)
  • 4 (max number of clones)

Detonate (hold key)

Detonates all clones spreading their corrosive blood on all enemies within radius of them.

Misc

• 8m (radius around each clone)
  • health pool (damage)

Protean (2) <Minor Rework>

Spoiler

Dhamir enters an ethereal mist form becoming invisible to enemies. Walking through enemies damages them, besides this she cannot interact with enemies in any way while Protean is active. If Dhamir attempts to do so she will be removed from the mist form. Alternative ability (hold key) will cause her to enter a greater mist form. While in the greater mist form Protean does more damage and Dhamir moves faster. This comes at the cost of a health converting the ability from duration to drain based. Enemies killed while in the greater mist form and while Absorb is active will drop health orbs that heal for more than if just Absorb was active. 

Keep in mind...

This ability was intended to mirror the affect of any basic stealth ability (Ash/Loki's duration based invisibility) with the qualities of Elude/Prowl (attacking deactivates ability temporarily). Dhamir must first be in the lesser mist form before entering the alternative ability (hold key) greater mist form. 

Cost

• 50 energy
  • 10 health/s (greater mist form drain)

Strength

• 200/400/600/800 (damage)

Duration

• 10/12/15/18 (lesser mist form)

Misc

• 14/17/20/25 % (sprint increase in greater mist form)
  • 1.25/1.50/1.75/2.0 x (damage multiplier in greater mist form)
  • 1.5x (extra Overhealth if Protean kills while Absorb is active)

Absorb (3) <Reworked>

Spoiler

Upon activation, Dhamir imbues all of her weapons with her blood increasing the corrosive damage they do. This increase comes at the cost of some of her health. Kills while this buff is active has a chance of spawning special health orbs granting heals capable of Overhealth if it heals above current max.

Keep in mind...

I do intend Arcane Pulse to work with this ability giving her the chance of receiving a bonus 100 Overhealth per orb drop. Provided Arcane Pulse works it goes without saying that Health Conversion would also work.

Cost

• 50 energy + 100 health (initial cast)

Strength 

• 15/18/22/25 (heal per orb)
  • 10/14/18/25% (corrosive weapon buff)

Duration

• 12/15/18/20 s (buff duration)

Misc

• 60/70/80/90 % (health orb drop chance)

P.S. I just realized while writing this that Absorb is already the name of an existing ability (Nyx). For now I'll leave it but I'll edit it out for something else later.

Sun's Tyranny (4) <New>

Spoiler

Uses up all of her Overhealth (resets to 225 at max rank) creating blood clouds blocking the sun's rays, this darkens the sky (if the sky box allows this). The lack of the sun enchances all of Dhamir's abilities. While the ability is still active she can uses the alternative cast (hold key) while at low health to heal to base (225 hp). Doing so absorbs the blood that was used to block the sun  causing her to lose all the benefits of Sun's Tyranny.

Keep in mind...

Losing all of her Overhealth may seem like a hefty cost but if she is modded correctly the buff to absorb should allow her to regain the lost health at a reasonable rate. Her alternative fourth ability should be exclusively used as a "I'm down to 13 HP, quick, set me back to full health" to steal TearsOfTomorrow's words.

Cost

• All Overhealth (sets back to 225, requires a minimum of 1 Overhealth)

Duration 

• 20 s (base time)
  • 2.25/2.33/2.43/2.54 s (bonus per 100 health)

Misc

• 120 s (duration cap)
  • 2x (max clones, Sange Clone)
  • 2x (health leached by Consume, Sange Clone)
  • 2x (sprint buff, Protean)
  • 50% (reduction to greater mist form drain, Protean)
  • 50% (reduction to health cost, Absorb)
  • 2x (health per orb and corrosive buff, Absorb)

A special thank you to @TearsOfTomorrow and @kapn655321 for the suggestions I received from them 🙂 

Edited by Be_Stupid

The new 1 does too many things, I'm not a fan of designs that expect players to remember so many tidbits.

I don't get the name of the 4: it sounds like something that would make the sin stronger/draw power from the sun, but instead it blocks it out?

Outside these two, admittedly minor, aspects I like the way you evolved this design a lot 🙂

1 hour ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

The new 1 does too many things

To simplify; Venari like cycling through abilities

Consume - heals clones (possible Overhealth)

Multiply - creates a new one

Skewer - a much weaker version of the scrapped 3rd ability (does no damage and is single target)

Detonate - Explodes n stuff 

I can see what you mean but I don't think it's any more convoluted than Venari is.

1 hour ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

I don't get the name of the 4

Again, I totally get what you're saying. From one perspective the ability name and the actual affect of the ability are polar opposites, but how I see it the name is right on the money. The ability's affect helps Dhamir escape the sun's "tyrannical control" over her. In other words the lack of sun isn't actually making her stronger but the presence of it makes her weaker, in the ability description I just used relative terms because it made more sense.

A majority of the major changes were your work. Overhealth instead of straight up increasing her health pool made a lot more sense and completely changed how she worked so thx again 🙂