Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Side arm and Sword

(PSN)homer1918coop

Hi I was just wondering if there were any plans to make a side arm and sword or dagger weapon combo like the Nami skylar . I even see that you used this concept for the new empyrean supporters pack add  looks like a lex and the skana please not those two lol . I think this would be a great new fighting style for the game .

An honest question for players wanting dual wielding:

What would it do?

Glaives benefit from aerial throws when dual wielded (and let's be real: there's nothing stopping DE from granting that outside dual wielding). Would swords or daggers get only a simplified melee attack, like Glaives do? Would they get a throw capability? Something else entirely?

9 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

An honest question for players wanting dual wielding:

What would it do?

Glaives benefit from aerial throws when dual wielded (and let's be real: there's nothing stopping DE from granting that outside dual wielding). Would swords or daggers get only a simplified melee attack, like Glaives do? Would they get a throw capability? Something else entirely?

when dual wield you can use both at the same time, gun + melee without having to wait for the weapon change.

Enemy is out of reach? = shoot it

Enemy tries to sneak on you= melee it instantly

For now you just skip the weapon change phase(about 1 sec), gaining more versatility and look Badass AF.

It might look insignificant but it does a lot of difference when you're being attacked by wave after wave in a long run mission.

6 hours ago, prodi1600 said:

when dual wield you can use both at the same time, gun + melee without having to wait for the weapon change.

Enemy is out of reach? = shoot it

Enemy tries to sneak on you= melee it instantly

For now you just skip the weapon change phase(about 1 sec), gaining more versatility and look Badass AF.

It might look insignificant but it does a lot of difference when you're being attacked by wave after wave in a long run mission.

We have that. If you press the melee key, it'll instantly swap to your melee (and back when you aim or fire).

2 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

That,s what I meant by saying it look insignificant but that not having to swap really does a change

It's not mere insignificance. What you described as a benefit to dual wielding—the instant switch between shooting and melee—already exists in the game.

Edited by Tyreaus
grammar

To clarify i'm not talking about switching back and forth . i'm talking about in unison( ex.surrounded by enemies shooting the ones in front and gutting the ones on your sides all at the same time) this would be a melee set like act brunto , or nami skylar  and you would still have a secondary besides. So you could have a crit and a status secondary just one would be tied to a melee . Just an idea i wanted to put out there also i understand this might cause some mod issues.

1 hour ago, (PS4)homer1918coop said:

To clarify i'm not talking about switching back and forth . i'm talking about in unison( ex.surrounded by enemies shooting the ones in front and gutting the ones on your sides all at the same time) this would be a melee set like act brunto , or nami skylar  and you would still have a secondary besides. So you could have a crit and a status secondary just one would be tied to a melee . Just an idea i wanted to put out there also i understand this might cause some mod issues.

Oh - you mean an entirely new weapon? (Not like a secondary and a melee, like glaives and one-handed secondaries)

3 hours ago, (PS4)homer1918coop said:

yes exactly i kinda feel it would be a great new possibility especially with where the game seems to be headed .

That's something else entirely, and I admit it's piqued my interest. Though I'd love to see it fleshed out more before I could say "yay" or "nay", especially when we have Gunblades already and the quick swap melee is a thing...