Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack help

vegetosayajin

Question

So after more than a month I decided to try railjack once again after they patched it up.
My goal is to get the shedu, because when I asked for a simple taxi to the quest only people got nuts and explained how you should get the grind, to be able to contribute to the team etc.
Normally I do that and I agree.
So I loaded the earth missions, past up on only one team.The other tries I had to get my own railjack out(I have nothing because a coouple of times bugs made me loose all the loot, so essentially I'm starting fresh).
I kill a couple of ships - railjack blows up.
Try to kill them with the railjack...controls are unusable for me.
Try to kill and watch out for the railjack to not blow up, put out the fires, board a ship and the railjack blows up.

And just to be clear this is the starting missions on earth, I know above that is way more hard.No people playing so I can't really learn while I go.No way to upgrade because most of the time the ship made of tissue paper blows up.

I'm asking for a solo strategy to just clear the nodes and get to the mission and finally be able to get a simple bp.
The one I found was from some time ago - get the ship way back when you spawn to prevent it from blowing up, go into archwint to complete the mission and gg.
Is it still viable, is there any other way?

Edited by vegetosayajin

20 answers to this question

Or until you get your railjack up to speed, I'd go into the mission and before the enemy ships notice you hide inside an asteroid or behind a big one away from the fight, do everything in archwing until you can get better equipment to put on your railjack.

I have been doing the earth missions of late to try and build up my supply of resources, I don't mind being a taxi if you need help.

The tried and true "park ur jack in an asteroid" or "immediately after spawn fly backwards till you hit the end of the play area" and do the rest in Archwing (Amesha / Cyngas with 100% status) is still a thing.

If you can't find any squads or willing players that is. Because farming Earth after completion is highly irrelevant if you aren't there for resources.

1. Get to lvl 4 tactics as fast as possible. This allows you to teleport back into the railjack by activating the omnitool in your gear wheel outside of the railjack.

2. When the railjack is about to blow up you get a warning with a 1 minute timer. You have to close the hull breach with the red marker within this minute.

3. Archwing is still fine. The difference is just, that railjack weapons are now better.

4. Particle ram is super strong in lower level missions.

5. The crewships and outriders deal most of the damage.

That's what I can think of right now. I don't know how low level railjack is these days, because I just got past that pretty quick after the release.
Also when you are making your way through the saturn proxima, keep in mind, that you need lvl 7 in at least one intrinsic to go to the veil. Try to get there quickly, so you can find more players and get the mk3 parts. The mk1 and mk2 parts aren't worth the investment. You are however always going to use one of the researched ordnance weapons, probably the tycho seeker mk3.

Edited by gluih

21 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

The tried and true "park ur jack in an asteroid" or "immediately after spawn fly backwards till you hit the end of the play area" and do the rest in Archwing (Amesha / Cyngas with 100% status) is still a thing.

If you can't find any squads or willing players that is. Because farming Earth after completion is highly irrelevant if you aren't there for resources.

you don't even need amesha you can totally do it with odonda i did. as long as you manage to board a crew ship you can use that to take out the fighters. then blow it up get to the next crew ship and blow that up, done. or for solo beginners crew ship farming is useful. if you board a crew ship the game spawn a new one to a total of 10 crew ships.

also as long as the mission objective isn't complete the game will keep respawning turrets. those you can take out with you railjack while collecting resources for additional resources intrinsics and avionics. once you are done collecting resources blow up a empty crew ship to finish the mission.

Providing your Clan has researched all the Railjack equipment.

Then MKIII equipment the weapons, Reactor MKIII, Shield MKIII and Tycho seeker MKIII from the Dojo research are awesome for starting out with don't bother with anything lower.

Get the reactor and guns and shield first that way you'll have a great start, Tycho seeker last unless you have enough resources to get them all at once.

edit: p.s don't bother with the Galvarc MKIII it's useless from the time I tried it and also the Milati MKIII not impressed with them.

Edited by Slayer-.

What i wish knew about RJ early on:

- Leveling up your intrinsics are more important than building up your RJ.  Get your intrinsics leveled up before you even start building up  your RJ.  Intrinsics are gained through affinity on RJ missions.   You gain mostly my killing things but also through repairing the RJ and completing missions, but just like with affinity, you keep what ever you earned even if you fail the mission.  Best way is to recruit for RJ intrinsic farming on the toughest nodes you can access.   Try to find someone with a RJ that is also looking to intrinsic farm.   Get to Saturn as quickly as you can and then to veil.

- Affinity boosters are very helpful.  Kavat may also help.

- I saw a youtube vid of someone who left the RJ far away from enemies, then flew to a hanger on one of the nodes with one,  took out the enemies by doing sneak attacks with an ivara.  Once all the enemies were dead, they aborted.

- Capturing enemy ships will earn more affinity because of all the enemies that have to be killed first, but it is slower.  It could be used to get past the enemies to a hangar to kill more enemies, so you don't have to risk your RJ.

- Like someone else said, get Tactics to lvl 4 so you teleport back to the ship.    Then get Gunner and Engineer to lvl 4 as well.   Level 4 is not that hard.   Then Get your Gunner and Eng up to level 7.  You only need one up to 7, so I would go with Gunner first.    The better you intrinsics, the more useful you are to the team, and easier it will be to get recruited into missions.

- Don't bother with building RJ weapons until you can get MKIII ones from the veil.   Also, don't build the first ones you get.  They have random configurations, so you will want to collect a few first, and then build the best ones.

- Amesha AW is currently the only useful one, due to temp invulnerability, well at least in the veil.  Anything else is instant death.

- Get to Saturn as quickly as possible.  You will earn more intrinsics there.

- Get your pilot skill up before taking your RJ out for anything beyond earth.

that is where I am at.  tactics at 4, Gunner and Eng at 7.  I have building up MKIII shields, engines and weapons and can do pretty good on earth.

1 hour ago, ADM-Ntek said:

also as long as the mission objective isn't complete the game will keep respawning turrets. those you can take out with you railjack while collecting resources for additional resources intrinsics and avionics.

This might be a good way to get particle ram. Iirc they drop that avionic.

Two people showed up yesterday willing to help, I will contact them again today if they are free.Unfortunately it was very late and I didn't have time to wait to the quest.

That said I enjoyed sitting in a fully(or mostly I don't know) upgraded ship.Even with a very big ping it still worked.I will get to upgrading mine after I gathered "things".
DE didn't do a good introductory missions imo.Earth should be the starting levels to get a feeling of the game mode like everything else in the game.
I started playing solo the normal game and got to Saturn before even considered modding properly(or at all).While this is way too easy, starting rj missions are on the other end of the spectrum.And I noticed even an upgraded ship got some minor fires a couple of times on the "easy" earth mission.I really don't understand why DE decided to make it so fragile.

7 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Two people showed up yesterday willing to help, I will contact them again today if they are free.Unfortunately it was very late and I didn't have time to wait to the quest.

That said I enjoyed sitting in a fully(or mostly I don't know) upgraded ship.Even with a very big ping it still worked.I will get to upgrading mine after I gathered "things".
DE didn't do a good introductory missions imo.Earth should be the starting levels to get a feeling of the game mode like everything else in the game.
I started playing solo the normal game and got to Saturn before even considered modding properly(or at all).While this is way too easy, starting rj missions are on the other end of the spectrum.And I noticed even an upgraded ship got some minor fires a couple of times on the "easy" earth mission.I really don't understand why DE decided to make it so fragile.

The fires don't bother me, when to many pop up I just use the fire avionic to put them all out. Don't forget to equip your Clans MKIII researched items they are really good. I have upgraded stuff, but started out with them.

Solo strategy for Earth is get those big Cruise Ships taken out ASAP with ur Tenno Slingshot.  Then take out the fighters.  If ur ship has a catastrophic failure, good, u now have a full minute of god mode to take out as many targets as u can before u repair.  The stuff u can research in the Dojo is good enough for Earth and most of Saturn (sorta).  Level up ur bulkhead, armor, damage, avionics first.  Try not to waste resources on leveling up bad equipment. Make sure to pick up as much as u can in missions to have in general but also to refill ur Omni. Kill an enemy now go get whatever it dropped.  I use Nova so when I board a cruise ship, I can hit her 4 and then take out the core fast. Use ur Omni to teleport back to ur ship quickly.  I was so lost but now I have 4 Void Holes, can do any Veil mission. It’s just taken time but the mode is really enjoyable and worth it for me. 

Il y a 2 heures, hendrix923 a dit :

...get those big Cruise Ships taken out ASAP with ur Tenno Slingshot

...Use ur Omni to teleport back to ur ship quickly.

Notice that Slingshot and Omni teleport are not available under a certain intrinsics level:

- Omni teleport = Tactical Level 4

- Slingshot = Gunnery Level 3

• Like 1

Yeah, I hear ya. I ran solo Earth missions and failed a bunch, but each time I got farther along in the mission. I was able to improve my Intrinsics and get useful skills which eventually led to Mission Success. Some of the basic Intrinsics are really useful, especially solo, like the one that reduces the time needed to fix Hull breaches.

Good hunting Tenno!

22 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

So after more than a month I decided to try railjack once again after they patched it up.

Still waiting for the patch on console, but I'm in the same situation as you.  Tried RJ once on release, found it to be glitchy and outrageously stacked against the player for an "introductory" mission, then parked it and played other content.  Been thinking about trying it again, even without a patch, just to start building up some intrinsics, so this has been a helpful thread for me.  Thanks!

6 hours ago, Askary56 said:

Notice that Slingshot and Omni teleport are not available under a certain intrinsics level:

- Omni teleport = Tactical Level 4

- Slingshot = Gunnery Level 3

Good points for sure.

You can get those done without too much effort just doing public missions being a gunner or engineer.  I’d focus on those abilities as they are game changers.  But yeah sorry those might take a little time. 

So yesterday my main problem was resolved.I got into a public group in the vail and got the quest/shedu bp.

That aside thanks so much for the help of Slayer-. and the attention of Godzilla853. (both of them are on a completely different timezone, so I couldn't do any games with them, without having no sleep at all for a second day)

I have some kind of enjoyment when on an upgraded ship and I have a couple of observations. 
Enemies in space have insane damage and health.
Enemies on the ships and on the anomaly were falling like butter and were way easy to slice. 
I think this should be reversed.
I enjoyed the vail and the anomaly's new tileset. It's beautiful af.

I will probably continue to play from time to time to upgrade my trash bucket at least a little.
Thanks for all of your help!