Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UI Critique, A Response To "Why Do We UI How We UI"

(PSN)Maunstre

16 hours ago, (PS4)Maunstre said:

You're most welcome, thank you for the kind words! I sincerely hope some of these suggestions will be taken onboard!

Woo I hadn't seen this video! Good to see there's some shared wavelength going on! It's nice to know I wasn't alone on my thoughts of the Lich mod system (I admit my friends and I have our own unflattering names for the mods since we can't put the names to the symbols ourselves and just don't enjoy the process of Lich hunting overall).

Yeah, me and my friends have our own names but some in particular seem to be common to everyone, not gonna name them here x)

I sincerely hope DE responds positively about the UI because their steam numbers have taken a beating they are as low as 2017 (I know those aren the only numbers but are the ones we have access too and I doubt the others are much different). They did too much sh!t lately its time they start delivering on what the players actually ask, the Liches are a start but it won't be enough.

Edited by ciTiger

Am sincerely HATING the lack of labels unless hover cursor over item.
It use to be quick and easy to find the Arcanes i wanted, to find anything in Inventory, and now i see there is no label on any colour palette either at first glance.

Simplicity doesnt always make for being user-friendly.

Getting rid of 'clutter' might make the interface nice, neat and clean looking but IT SUCKS TO USE.
And would be so much worse for new players that have no familiarity with all the gear in warframe.
And even harder for other players to help new players because now, the labels aren't immediately visible.

Did anyone mention the UI is non informative,

doesn't make sensible use of space, oh wait...

anyways for the love of all that is holy or coveted stop the people creating the signage/glyps/ pictograms. we the public have no basis, or nowhere is it explained, of what those scribbles mean. It is at best esoteric, I think the only recognizable icon in the game is the health bcuz of the universal plus sign and the standard dmg icons. 

1 hour ago, Azamagon said:

Hey OP?

Seems like another thing you mentioned for improvement (the "About" section) was added:

I'd say it's not unlikely a nice chunk of the reason why it's getting implemented is because of this excellent thread of yours! 🙂

Thank you! I'd say so, too! I'm incredibly glad that it looks like this thread may have left a real impression - I'm extremely happy to see these changes!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, (PS4)Maunstre said:

Thank you! I'd say so, too! I'm incredibly glad that it looks like this thread may have left a real impression - I'm extremely happy to see these changes!

So let's see:

Labels on by default - Check!

Requiem info in Parazon modding - Check!

Market (and Codex?) "About"-button removed - Check!

Basicly, now there's just the Diorama Gradient and Railjack Avionics screen left (of which I'd REALLY love to have your version!). I'd say you definitely left an impression 😄

Sure, I don't wanna diminish the rest of the community's efforts for wanting similar changes, but you presented a lot of it in such a clear way that the rest of us didn't or couldn't. So take my (and likely a majority of the community's) thanks for your awesome contribution! 🙂

• Like 6