Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel overwhelmed!

Arphila

Question

Hello everyone!

I used to be a very active Warframe player, way back in the day (I started playing in 2014). loved everything that the game had to offer but something came up and Warframe sort of felt out of favor for better lack of words.

Continuing to jump forward I kept looking at Warframe from the sidelines, I'd download it and start it up to see what was going on and not really play it. Did this for a couple years as more and more content was released, I never played but I'd always kind of just browse around to see what was going on.

Come to present day today, I've once again jumped back in to look at Warframe and I'd love to get more into it to see if I still enjoy the game, the only problem being is I feel very very overwhelmed. I feel like there are so many new things that I'm sort of confused where to jump in so to say. I grinded quite a bit back when I was active so I have a decent amount of gear that has been maxed out and forma'd and a bunch of upgrades ect. That being said I really don't know what I should do or where to start, the last thing I remember doing was grinding a lot to upgrade stuff.

Any advice for a returning player would be great, or if anyone can post me to some guides ect.

Thanks for taking the time to listen!

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

A good place to start would be to make your way through any starchart stuff you haven't done and do all the quests.

After that maybe catch up with any important mods you've missed.

And then of course there's all the new loot (frames, weapons, etc) to check out.

Reddit has a post with links to guides up the top: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/

Edited by schilds
  • Like 2

I would say, start at the begining.

I left in 2014. Returned 2018, so it was a bit easier as the quests and intro had been added.

But you can read up a lot on Google about updates and are always able to pretty much start where you left of as the core game and objectives remain.

Whew buddy, do you have some serious story elements ahead of you! It's always great to see returning players. Welcome back to it.

Take your time. o_O There's entirely too much to explain here.

If you hop into a good ol' survival or defense, things will be very much as you remember at their core.

Honest tip? Ignore everything you don't understand. Play in small steps. Don't rush to do this or that, take it easy, just focus on completingthe next story quest, or on unlocking the next node on the star chart, or on exploring the next open world area. And slowly but surely, everything will become clear.

Just give yourself time. The game is not a race, and is not going to disappear tomorrow.

Thanks all for the reply's thus far.

I'll try and take things slowly for sure. Some of you are saying quests and starchart stuff so I think that's where I'll be heading for now. I don't think I ever did finish the normal quests back in the day so I'll try diving into that first.

• Like 1