Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New clan info

(PSN)hypo_thallamus

Question

I started my own clan, not that I wasn't happy with my old clan It just seemed like something else to achieve in the game.

Plus a lot of the clans can be very elitest, it would be nice to have a starter player clan that can be a bit more helpful to people as well as being able to have others you can group with because at this point in time all I really do is solo or pub, never a planned match. 

I have everything minus the rail jack dock and lich room built, it's a pretty clean layout and I have started on reaserch in the tenno lab first but I haven't played long enough to have so many resources available to finish it all yet but that's fine. 

My question is to anyone that started their own clan, did you bother trying to recruit or just keep it for yourself? Will people even join a ghost clan with not all the reaserch done? 

7 answers to this question

My clan was started by my son and his friend, I rebuilt the dojo and we did most of the research. 

I personally have never recruited. It's a very casual space and offer up the research to anyone who wants to come grab blueprints; a few have stayed and become friends but otherwise it's just our small group. I want no obligations, as a clan leader or in any other sense. Love helping new players, but I feel actively recruiting then makes me responsible. I need independent Tenno, quite few who just want a space and to be left alone; my clan is that space. 

What I tell people when they enter my clan: "Whether you someday feel it in your best interests to find a clan that's more your speed, you're certainly welcome as long as you like. I hope the facilities I can provide are of good use to you."

Let them determine if they're happy there, and wish them luck if they find appeal in another clan. That clan may some day join you in alliance.

If you open to public, keep it small until you've done researches. The bigger the clan, the greater the cost to unlock researches. (I still haven't paid off Hema.)

3 hours ago, (PS4)death404 said:

My clan was started by my son and his friend, I rebuilt the dojo and we did most of the research. 

I personally have never recruited. It's a very casual space and offer up the research to anyone who wants to come grab blueprints; a few have stayed and become friends but otherwise it's just our small group. I want no obligations, as a clan leader or in any other sense. Love helping new players, but I feel actively recruiting then makes me responsible. I need independent Tenno, quite few who just want a space and to be left alone; my clan is that space. 

I build a new clan for myself the moment i herd about the Rj drydock room. I did all weapon reserch (obv except the dam hema....8k mutagen left)  and i did some pigment reserch but some drops are seriously ridiculous to grind. Other then rj and trades i don't need it for anything else. I did some organizing in it cuz why not? If you feel like you need some ppl to talk to get a few ppl but keep it small until you finnish alll the reserches including pigments cuz thats going make you go insane....

I just made a clan myself just to experience the whole creating clan stuff and I enjoyed it a little too much. Research was easy considering i have a lot of mats to spare apart from Hema which i never plan to make and I've decorated the hell out of the main rooms and made a few themed halls already. Polymer Bundle is the only mat that i have issues with but all in all its added a few more reasons to log in daily. 

Personally I wouldn't mind if people joined since i think all the research mostly done apart from the dyes and hema but i'm thinking i wont since it feels like recruiting is something that i will have to constantly keep up once i open up. I've done that role before in a few clans i've been with and its not fun really. I don't see any reason to totally close the clan off though apart from you trying to keep the clan rank low so the mats consumed for future researches are kept low but at the same time adding fresh faces everyday is not something i look forward to. I could delegate but it doesn't seems fair personally.

I've seen a few starting clans recruiting eventhough the don't have much researched but even then most have already done atleast 60-70% ish minus the dyes so theres an appeal there for newbies to join. If you're really just started the tenno lab ones might be harder to get recruits that way. 

For me I started my clan to stop getting recruitment messages. Now it's for friends and family to have a spot to come to. The layout, decoration and overall direction I do alone but the others are welcomed and encouraged to contribute what they can and when they can; I just want them to have fun. I've built all labs, the duelling room, meditation chamber, both obstacle course rooms, Observatory... even the Dry Dock and Kuva Lich Auction room so it leaves just the weapon and equipment research for members to contribute too 😊

In my opinion theres only two types of players.

-Those who just want access to the things a dojo provide.

-Social people

-----------------------

The first type are probably not going to do anything with you except drain your patience.   

The second type you shouldnt have to recruit for,  you just build relationships as you play.   

Now because a dojo as things you need most people get hooked up to a dojo real fast...... so then you have to have a pretty big reason to convince them to leave their old clan to join yours.  

----------------------

Im a solo clan, the only thing I dont have is ignis wraith bp and some of the solar rail crap.   I have tried a few times to bring in people who needed a dojo but they never play the same as me or want to do anything so I give em the boot.   Its pugs and rando's for me.... im to anti social, no mic.