Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Consoles) Inputs for Heavy Attacks are Problematic

(PSN)TheLastPillar

For the most part, I like the new melee, but I do have one big issue with the way heavy attacks are handled on the consoles. Controllers get old, buttons get sticky, and the circle button on my PS4 doesn't pop up the way it used to. I very rarely use the heavy attack on purpose; it's nice to have the option, but for the most part I prefer running a blood rush/drifting contact build and want to keep my combo counter up at all times. This is a problem because my frame will often suddenly start winding up for a heavy attack in the middle of a combo when I do not want to use a heavy attack. Adding to the frustration is that there is already a button for heavy attacks, R3. Why do we need two inputs? I suggest that we at least be given the option to change our controls so that holding down our dedicated melee button does not cause a heavy attack.

Yes, there needs to be some more key binding options for consoles. I get what you're saying, having a charge attack/heavy attack as a press and hold should be optional. There are a few things that are locked in place and cause similar problems. I have trouble with my Railjack Flux Abilities firing when I try to exit the abilities menu. Also, having Cloak or others being optional for binding to that abilities menu would be nice.

It's not exclusive to consoles either. Here, on PC we also get the exact same issue of random heavy attacks consuming the counter in the middle of normal melee combos for no apparent reason. It's frustrating to say the least. From what i know, it happens because of buggy implementation of "hold melee to heavy attack" they introduced some patches back.