Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Railjack is infuriating.....

(XBOX)oO VENDIGO Oo

Railjack keeps suckerpunching me with bug after bug.

If it's not letting me open my ability menu, it's not letting me use finishers(using Ivara), or black-screen, or enemies running to the edge of the maps, etc.  but the one that hits me the most is the missing enemy ships. It makes the mission impossible to complete, and all the mk III loot is lost with it. Once or twice I'd be miffed, but it's not the end of the world. But in the last 6 runs, I've only completed 2, and had to abandon 4 because of missing crewships(and in the last one nothing spawned after the initial wave, not crewships or other ships, and kill ships/crewships was the only objective). Those are just so far tonight. I would bet money on having more abandoned veil missions than completed right now.

I've tried staying away from other objectives, focusing on getting the crewships first, looking in the far edges of the map when there is one ship missing(literally spent over an hour each on two seperate occasions in hopes that I wouldn't lose my loot. FYI I lost it.....) Tried host quitting out(several times it was me that had to quit out, so, don't know if it worked then but the other times it didn't work when I got to stay), Tried fighting in open space in case ships kamikaze-ing asteroids is what makes it go fubar. Nothing has worked so far.

Anybody got any other ideas to try? Cuz I am almost to the point where I'm done with railjack.

It is a problem. Crewships have to be done first, then fighters. The whole team has to be on board for this (a bit of a pun). If anyone runs for an objective, it can cause a problem. Running one mission at a time helps as well.

DE is working on it and a barrage of fixes are inbound. If you are having some stress about it, I'd say just wait for the update. I know that doesn't help in the moment but patience is a virtue.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

It is a problem. Crewships have to be done first, then fighters. The whole team has to be on board for this (a bit of a pun). If anyone runs for an objective, it can cause a problem. Running one mission at a time helps as well.

DE is working on it and a barrage of fixes are inbound. If you are having some stress about it, I'd say just wait for the update. I know that doesn't help in the moment but patience is a virtue.

Quick question on the one mission part. When you finish a mission, and then return to the dry dock to collect loot, do you start another mission from the drydock, or return to the orbiter, and start from there. Just wondering because, thinking back on it just now, it seems like if I start a mission from the drydock after collecting loot, a bug tends to happens next mission. Do you tend to start a mission from the railjack parked by the orbiter, or the dry dock? or do you think it matters?

Sorry for the response delay, had to go to work etc.  

The more missions you string together, the more likely to encounter a bug. If you're really having trouble, launch from the dojo (after re-equipping your reactor to prevent avionics bugs), do a mission, dry dock, exit to orbiter, rinse, and repeat.

The tedious nature of "avoiding bugs" does emphasize how problematic console-railjack is. It's still fun in my opinion. I wish you the  best of luck and RNG!

13 hours ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

Sorry for the response delay, had to go to work etc.  

The more missions you string together, the more likely to encounter a bug. If you're really having trouble, launch from the dojo (after re-equipping your reactor to prevent avionics bugs), do a mission, dry dock, exit to orbiter, rinse, and repeat.

The tedious nature of "avoiding bugs" does emphasize how problematic console-railjack is. It's still fun in my opinion. I wish you the  best of luck and RNG!

No worries! Was at work myself, then decided a breather might be in order. 😉 Woosah and all that! Will definitely give this a try when next I attempt any railjack. Many Thanks!

• Like 1