Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Artillery USELESS [Railjack]

XENPROC

Artillery very useless this is an unnecessary weapon nothing to doing for crewship 

there is no booster like a mod or part something

Maybe little bit buffed or maybe an part or mod

Edited by XENPROC
  • Like 7

Actually there is a mod for the tunguska cannon.
Its called Forward Artillery:

Increases Forward Artillery (the Tunguska cannon) Damage. Drops from Exo Cutter (0.101%), Kosma Outrider (3.794%), Elite Exo Taktis (1.106%), and Gyre Outrider (3.794%).

A zetki version at max rank and in a fullly upgraded grid slot drains 13 points and provides a +93.5% damage boost, which is quite noticeable.

Honestly the biggest problem with the tunguska cannon is that if you hit the engine hitboxes (which are rather large, even from the side of the crewship) you wont' do any damage to the ships main HP pool...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Actually there is a mod for the tunguska cannon.
Its called Forward Artillery:

A zetki version at max rank and in a fullly upgraded grid slot drains 13 points and provides a +93.5% damage boost, which is quite noticeable.

Honestly the biggest problem with the tunguska cannon is that if you hit the engine hitboxes (which are rather large, even from the side of the crewship) you wont' do any damage to the ships main HP pool...

4 minutes ago, Oggyswe said:

Theres a mod that increase forward artiliery damage on the railjack

Its called forward artiliery 

I do not know that thank you guys 

Edited by XENPROC
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

This is a problem with AoE in Warframe in general. Same reason why the Opticor is a terrible weapon against Eidolons when you'd think it would be pretty good. The cylindrical AoE often hits invulnerable limb parts before the central beam can hit the Synova, causing it to do no damage. I'm of the opinion that DE really need to revamp their bodypart prioritisation system.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

This in particular is being fixed next Hotfix, which hopefully solves one of the biggest problems with the cannon!

• Like 13

I'd just love to see heccin artilary only fire when it was locked on and have a 100% hit rate based on said lockon..... because there is nothing that keeps me from using that nonsense more than the knowledge that I'm going to spend like 10 seconds charging it up only to have my pilot jerk it slightly to one side or the other and causing 98% of every shot I've taken with that blasted thing missing.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This in particular is being fixed next Hotfix, which hopefully solves one of the biggest problems with the cannon!

Thats good to know ,

will there also be a UI section identifying the damage being done by it?

having an avionic that increases damage while not knowing what that damage is, before firing it , seems like an oversight.

• Like 5

That cannon with the mod for extra damage can kjll crewships in the veil with only 1 shot. I wish they increase the ammo pool...because missing a shot or hiting the engines is a big issue when playing solo, since you will lose time forging more charges.

• Like 2

Here's two thing I don't understand about the artillery 1) Sometimes I'll target a crew ship and it hits for 35k damage and it's still flying around like it didn't get hit and other time i'll hit it for 2k damage and it blows up, what am I missing here?? 2) Why in the world do we have to switch spots to fire the artillery, why can't we fire both the nose guns and artillery from the pilot's seat instead of having to go thru switching from one seat to another it's impractical and wastes time, that was poorly designed. It would be easier to make a keybind to switch between weapons like you do between primary and melee.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I hope "Fix" means "Giving it infinite punch through" to properly make sure the problem never happens, rather than just shrinking the hitboxes.   The giant main cannon needs to have punch through regardless.  Even through asteroids.   Needs a damage buff too, it's almost never worth using.  The time it takes to switch to the artillery seat, aim, charge, fire,  isn't significantly faster than teleporting to slingshot, launching yourself, and popping the reactor, teleporting back.   And popping the reactor is guaranteed to kill it.  An artillery shot isn't.  And you can get more affinity from killing grunts along the way.

Otherwise it will still feel like a limp noodle like it does now.

Edited by Kingsmount

Does it means that the "fix" will make the big gun a semi functionnal solution to destroy crewship provided that you choose to mod it, have enough ressources ro craft ammo and proc' satus to lower armor ?

If so it will still be way inferior to an invisible loki using slingshot, teleport back to railjack, rince and repeat.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Will it be able to kill veil crewship in 1 shot after that hotfix? With maxed Zekti Forward Artillery avionic of course.

If you want to one shot crewships, these things appear to work :

• use "forward artillery" to increase damage
  • activate the tactical "battle station" which also boosts artillery damage
  • reduce target's armor with plasma procs (with any weapon except cryophon)
  • increase damage taken with particle procs
  • use corrosive projection auras (although I'm not sure about this, it's the only explanation I found when I could one shot without the above)
Edited by Lluid

28 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

As long as the artillery doesn´t oneshot crewships, I won´t waste any mod slots or munition for it.

I was a fan of it while we could buff it with rhino, but now it´s just useless.

You just need to shoot it with any turret that has plasma and/or particle for a few seconds before you fire and it will one shot Crewships in the viel without an avionic.  If you sit someone in the cannon while the pilot has any of the turrets that proc just have them keep firing as the cannoneer aims it will kill it, no avionics or exploits needed.

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Yeah, but in the end it means you have to spend two shots per Veil crewship instead of three. And those shots are hard enough to make (depending on your pilot) that, in my opinion, it's rarely worth the time or resources.

2 hours ago, Gaikki said:

Well forward artillery does have an avionics that boosts its damage. It's just rare. 

But you know what, that's not what you need at the moment. You need language school, that's what you need. 

My dude. He may not be a native English speaker. Chill out XD. 

On 2020-01-29 at 8:23 AM, Kingsmount said:

And popping the reactor is guaranteed to kill it.  An artillery shot isn't.  And you can get more affinity from killing grunts along the way.

As another note, don't forget how the only way we can get Affinity from a Crewship's destruction is by depleting its entire health while it's detonating from its reactor being overloaded. Leaving it to explode from the reactor overload or just using the Cannon will not grant any Affinity from the Crewship's destruction whatsoever.