The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Artillery USELESS [Railjack]

XENPROC

On 2020-01-29 at 8:27 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

This in particular is being fixed next Hotfix, which hopefully solves one of the biggest problems with the cannon!

Good to hear! 

Could we also have it penetrate the healing bubbles, or at least obliterate them? It's really annoying when you charge up this massive blast only to have it hit the very edge of a healing bubble that either just appeared or that you didn't see, and it does no damage to the crew ship and barely anything to the bubble. Maybe blasting a bubble with the forward artillery could nuke all the bubbles in the area, or just prevent new ones from appearing for a little while?

On 2020-01-29 at 10:23 AM, Kingsmount said:

The time it takes to switch to the artillery seat, aim, charge, fire,  isn't significantly faster than teleporting to slingshot, launching yourself, and popping the reactor, teleporting back.   And popping the reactor is guaranteed to kill it.  An artillery shot isn't.  And you can get more affinity from killing grunts along the way.

Absolute main reason why Artillery is useless. Either Archwing to the back of the Crewship or Slingshot yourself through it, destroying the Reactor, and teleporting yourself back would always work.

Assuming you're in Veil Proxima, there are advantage/disadvantages to both slingshot and cannon:

• They both take about the same time from targetting the crewship to when it dies (but that's not the whole story). 
  • The cannon can obviously hit engines, healing bubbles, etc and do no damage (easily overcome with a little skill, and soon the update).
  • In a group, the slingshot does not require any attention/time/coordination from the pilot, whereas the cannon does.
  • Slingshots can be pulled off before the enemy is alerted, the cannon can't (at high levels where you need to strip armour).
  • Solo, the cannon takes less time away from piloting than the slingshot.

Regarding the last point, you might ask how this can be true given the first point (about them taking the same time). It comes down to the time taken to strip armour. If you take out the time required to strip armour, then the cannon is faster than the slingshot. The point is that you can strip armour while piloting, so you spend less time as a sitting duck compared to the slingshot.

I tend to use the cannon when soloing, or when my group is occupied (e.g.when there are multiple crewships, or they're doing an objective, or they don't realise they should prioritise crewships over side-guns or repairing), or if (in a group) there's nothing to do except take care of the crewship. I tend to rely on the slingshot when in a group, or when (solo or group) the enemy isn't alerted yet, or if I run out of charges for the cannon.

I think both they are pretty evenly balanced.

tl;dr: solo => cannon, group => slingshot, may switch things up depending on circumstance.

Edited by schilds