Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stance mods lack of moves

(PSN)dat4120

I think what OP wishes its a more deep combat system, for now I uses only 1 or  2 combos rest of them not too useful tbh and when in doubt I juts heavy attack the ground.

TBH I too wish for a more deep combat system, not just button spamming but to have actual options like cover/shooting stances for guns, that stances combos do more that just some animations and benefit certain procs, to be able to doge/dash effectively in a pretty organic way, but for that enemy need a brain and moves to use, things that just dont happen in the current state. 

Edited by prodi1600

13 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

I think what OP wishes its a more deep combat system, for now I uses only 1 or  2 combos rest of them not too useful tbh and when in doubt I juts heavy attack the ground.

No, there are stance mods that literally have a neutral combo and one other combo, and nothing else. Both Sparring stances are like that.

I was really hoping that since they were revisiting combos on all stances, they would fill in the blanks, but nah.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VentiGlondi said:

No, there are stance mods that literally have a neutral combo and one other combo, and nothing else. Both Sparring stances are like that.

I was really hoping that since they were revisiting combos on all stances, they would fill in the blanks, but nah.

i am pretty sad to read this...

did not mele 3.0 improved the gameplay with mele?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

it also made all stances really simple. 

Is this necessarily a bad thing, though?

The old system was about performing a bunch of unintuitive, complicated button presses for basically zero payoff; only a small handful of the combos were actually worth learning. Most combos are still rather pointless but at least they are consistent across all stances.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, MBaldelli said:

What stance(s) are missing from the gold mods?  I know that some of them are extremely problematic on the PC as they seem to be controlled by timing before pressing the next button, but assumed they were easier on controllers.  

2 out of 3 polearm mods are missing full combo lines. Neither Shimmering Blight or the other of the same polarity have a neutral E single target combo. Twirling Spire has it all.

All mods were said to have a AoE clear (forward+E), Single target (E), block combo (RMB+E) and gap closer combo (Forward+RMB+E) aswell as the slide attack and crashdown. Several mods are missing one or more out of the basic 4 moves.