Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Kuva Lich Changes Coming Soon™ PART 2

[DE]Rebecca

18 hours ago, TheBigBrzezinski said:

Or Valkyr with Hysteria active. Really, the best solution would be to dismember a lich, drag the angry screaming torso off, and chain it up in the orbiter. Then we could try requiem sequences in relative peace. But then, we would have no gameplay.

Don't look at me like that. You were all thinking the same thing and you know it.

Damn right I am. The same goes for a hydra. Some people think "oh crap, it regrows", I look at it and think "oh cool, an infinite supply of meat", or "ooh, free firewood" (you'd have to spend some energy drying the meat before burning it, but it's still free energy).

Or, screw the whole parazon thing, just pour acid/fire/radiation on to it until there's nothing larger than a sugar molecule left. Then desecrate the corpse to make doubly sure.

11 hours ago, Udoshi said:

Being able to make a lich-designer or nemesis program where you can designs a custom lich and set it loose upon your friends list

I take it that you have too many friends. Because that's how you get rid of them.

51 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

It's that we should not be rewarded for getting a wrong stab

And how exactly do we get rewarded? Not killing the player is not a reward. If that were the case, then I'm personally rewarding the entire population of the planet right now by not going out and killing them.

The problem is that we're (currently) actively being punished when we haven't done anything wrong. We've won the fight. The monster is bleeding on the floor. The player has made either no mistakes in their gameplay, or not enough to matter.

Justify killing the player in that situation.

11 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

1-I'm personally rewarding the entire population of the planet right now by not going out and killing them.

2-The problem is that we're (currently) actively being punished when we haven't done anything wrong. We've won the fight.

1-Are you a lich?

2-No you didn't, if you fail a stab, you lost the fight. End of story, try again next time with the correct requiem mod.

Will the stacking of valence transfer for same-bonus and stat (same shield bonus, etc.) ever be applied to railjack parts? It's the same system in terms of frustrating RNG and requires much more material and time investment to even get a component.

I think these changes are a step in the right direction. Although they feel aggravatingly late, I really appreciate these positive changes and hope this is a continuing process that goes through the rest of the game. Similar systems should start getting similar treatment.

1 hour ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

2-No you didn't, if you fail a stab, you lost the fight. End of story, try again next time with the correct requiem mod.

No, I won the actual fight. The "loss" in that situation was a forced game of Russian Roulette with 5 filled chambers.

13 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

No, I won the actual fight. The "loss" in that situation was a forced game of Russian Roulette with 5 filled chambers.

Unfortunately, you're forgetting that Steve directed you to see it as a brilliant "power reversal."

Please comply with all instructions and directions from the developers. Failure to do so may result in further penalties and additional RNG.

12 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

No you didn't, as the lich lives in this situation

I'm not talking about contrivances, I'm talking about actual gameplay. I won the fight. I zeroed their health out, while mine is decidedly non-zero (and could even be at maximum, depending on how the fight went and what abilities, arcanes, mods, passives or consumables are equipped).

Again: justify killing the player when they have done everything right. Explain why actively killing the player after they have committed zero gameplay mistakes is a good thing.

The core of good game design is that you reward the player for doing well and punish them for doing badly. Why is this example here so special that it should violate such a fundamental principle?

1 minute ago, DoomFruit said:

I'm not talking about contrivances, I'm talking about actual gameplay. I won the fight. I zeroed their health out, while mine is decidedly non-zero (and could even be at maximum, depending on how the fight went and what abilities, arcanes, mods, passives or consumables are equipped).

Again: justify killing the player when they have done everything right. Explain why actively killing the player after they have committed zero gameplay mistakes is a good thing.

The core of good game design is that you reward the player for doing well and punish them for doing badly. Why is this example here so special that it should violate such a fundamental principle?

Gameplay or not, you lost if you didn't get any stabs correct

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Gameplay or not, you lost if you didn't get any stabs correct

That's dice rolling, not gameplay. Despite how Warfarm might have tried to train you to think, they are not the same thing.

You are confusing the results of actual gameplay with an arbitrary forced outcome.

1 question why 2 new weapons just add another 13 like you did to begin with and 2 make them power creep we need a super strong marelok and a real Strun so kuva strun should be a real hybrid 25% cc and 50% status and kuva marelok should have 35% crit chance a 2.2x crit and 35% status with way better accuracy to use magnum force but I really just want a strun that doesn't have horrible damage and stats same for marelok those 2 are some of the oldest weapons in game that need a revival

6 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

That's dice rolling, not gameplay. Despite how Warfarm might have tried to train you to think, they are not the same thing.

You are confusing the results of actual gameplay with an arbitrary forced outcome.

I'm not talking about RNG.

I'm talking about winning/losing a fight against an individual enemy. It's still losing, no excuses

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I'm not talking about RNG.

I'm talking about winning/losing a fight against an individual enemy. It's still losing, no excuses

Yes, and notice that you do indeed win the fight in that situation. To repeat again: you have zeroed their health out. You're the one still standing.

You have still failed to justify killing the player after they have won in such a situation.

Just now, DoomFruit said:

Yes, and notice that you do indeed win the fight in that situation. To repeat again: you have zeroed their health out. You're the one still standing.

You have still failed to justify killing the player after they have won in such a situation.

The fight cannot be won until the lich dies for good. Just because I survived does not mean I won. The lich's purpose is to kill you and be a meaningful threat that you cannot just one-hit-kill like a trash mob

4 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

The fight cannot be won until the lich dies for good. Just because I survived does not mean I won. The lich's purpose is to kill you and be a meaningful threat that you cannot just one-hit-kill like a trash mob

And which part of that is achieved by straight up killing the player out of nowhere with zero justification?

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

the justification is that you failed to kill your lich.

how hard is this to understand?

Because you've failed to see the point. I *did* kill it. I won the fight. That's the only part which should actually matter.

This is supposed to be a video game. That's an interactive thing, in case you've forgotten. Something where the player's actions determine what happen to the player.

Yet once more, you try to dodge justifying why the player should die after they have done nothing wrong. Do you actually have an argument in favour of this mechanic, or are you simply trying to troll the forums?

On 2020-01-29 at 9:49 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Your Kuva weapon duplicates now offer a gradual progression towards a “perfect” Kuva weapon, which would reflect a 60% damage value, if you choose to pursue this path.

Thank you thankyou thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!!!!! 😃

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Oh so you did stab him correctly 3 times?

I'm talking about actual gameplay, not dice rolling.

In any case, you've pretty conclusively shown that you are either illiterate or don't actually have an argument. I would say "there's no point in attempting to continue this discussion", but you can't really have a discussion with a brick wall.

1 minute ago, DoomFruit said:

I'm talking about actual gameplay, not dice rolling.

In any case, you've pretty conclusively shown that you are either illiterate or don't actually have an argument. I would say "there's no point in attempting to continue this discussion", but you can't really have a discussion with a brick wall.

Please answer my question, it was just a simple yes or no one

Archived