Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Kuva Lich Changes Coming Soon™ PART 2

[DE]Rebecca

Weapon preview: great idea, but having it pop up over Larvling looks... lazy? I'd love to see it more subtle, maybe as weapon the Larvling is using.

I'm all in for Valence Infusion too.

I'd leave the Liches killing you though. I find the Liches performing Finishers on you one of the coolest things. It's one thing that makes me feel personal about them.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Valence Transfer Infusion

• First introduced in 26.0.6, Valence Transfer was designed to address owning duplicate Kuva weapons with different unique innate damage bonuses. Giving you the ability to replace a Kuva weapon’s innate damage bonus (plus investments like Forma, Focus Lens etc) with one from another Kuva weapon was a good start, but we can push this even further!

Valence Transfer now also boosts your Kuva weapons innate damage bonus. Examples:
  • Your Kuva Kohm with 25% damage can be infused into your 40% weapon, to make it 44%
  • Your Kuva Kohm with 40% damage can be infused into your 25% weapon, to make it 44%
  • Your Kuva Kohm with 25% damage can be infused into your 44% weapon, to make it 48.4%

Your Kuva weapon duplicates now offer a gradual progression towards a “perfect” Kuva weapon, which would reflect a 60% damage value, if you choose to pursue this path.

Should the weapon be CONVERTED or VANQUISHED to be able to infused? 
I assume that I must have 2x Kuva Kohm? ( 2x same weapon?)
Sorry... for the question, I just came back from few months off... 

19 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Breaking Your Back for Knowledge

• Your Kuva Lich will no longer kill you when you fail a Requiem guess, nor will they attempt to break your back. The Parazon stabbing animation will play but the UI will show whether it was a success or failure. Upon receiving a Requiem fail, your Kuva Lich will laugh at you and leave, leaving your back and dignity intact! There is no longer a failure loop here for the Requiem flow. 

The failure state itself was fine. The problem was how it was implemented. 

I do not mind if the Kuva Lich breaks my spine IF it actually manages to kill me and I have been downed a couple times my first (and only) Lich. The animation was great. The point of contention was and will always be how it was implemented previously where in which you won the fight and got yeeted for no reason.

By all means leave the back snapping bit in, just only use it if the player ever reaches zero health through legitimate means. Tho maybe instead of killing you outright just have it leave you in the downed state so you can be rezzed. 

I dunno, it's still random bull guesswork about requiem mod order, though. The death penalty for guessing wrong was trivial (foolish, but ultimately trivial). What I don't like is the guessing game itself. Some way to lock down the proper order would be fantastic.

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I like the changes in general, but wouldn't a more elegant solution (for us, probably not for you) be to have the Larvling wielding the weapon they will use as a Lich? As in, the Larvling spawns with the Shildeg in her hand trying to kill you with it, and if you turn that Larvling into a Lich that Lich will have the Kuva Shildeg

Or even since they aren't true liches yet at that point, perhaps the base iteration of said weapon? For the unique weapons it could be the closest equivalent, like the Jat Kittag, Grattler, and perhaps the Grinlock?

I will wait on the 2nd part then, as my core dislike is with the failure based progression of the lich system, and will have to see how it works out. The requiem relics/requiem acquisition still seems like it will stay the same grind but I am willing to see if making it less lore breaking (along with reducing my spinal care bills) will help.

The murmurs/requiems mini-game is still annoying and dull, the content is still disconnected from the rest of the game (and best played solo), and RNG on ephemeras still isn't ideal (they should be "earned" somehow, like by sacrificing a high% weapon for them or something) but these proposals fix just about everything else I can think of right now that I don't like about the system.  So far so good.

I never even finished my first lich. I honestly don't want to. I understand not wanting to band-aid issues with a banishment feature, but I'm honestly disappointed I can't do it at least once. I don't want to engage with the feature anymore honestly. I would have to do more requiem and murmur farming than I want to do. None of the weapons seem interesting to me, I'm not one to grind MR, and I don't want to keep dealing with resource theft.

I will say, that if I was interested in this content, I think that these changes sound promising. 

Please do something about the murmur grind. I get that Warframe is built around grind but murmur grinding is just some of the most brain-numbing tedium there is in the game. I would like to see more deductive/logic-based elements in the murmur unveiling + sequence loop that make it faster if you actually use your brain to narrow down the options, rather than "oh let me just grind out the 3 symbols and then guess by throwing myself at the lich and hoping the sequence is correct".

This is the main reason why engaging with Lich content feels like sticking my brain in a sensory deprivation tank. Grind is one thing - but mindless grind laced with RNG failure conditions is a whole another level of awful. If DE does not make Lich grind feel meaningful or engaging, it will continue to feel awful.

29 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Breaking Your Back for Knowledge

• Your Kuva Lich will no longer kill you when you fail a Requiem guess, nor will they attempt to break your back. The Parazon stabbing animation will play but the UI will show whether it was a success or failure. Upon receiving a Requiem fail, your Kuva Lich will laugh at you and leave, leaving your back and dignity intact! There is no longer a failure loop here for the Requiem flow. 

Suggestion;

Have the Lich get a death and revive animation for a failed parazon requiem attempt

1 minute ago, blackflashcannon said:

Suggestion;

Have the Lich get a death and revive animation for a failed parazon requiem attempt

Yes, it would be cool for you to stab 'em, and them take hold of your wrist, pull the knife out slowly, and say something along the lines of "Not This Time" before hurling you away and leaving. (not: you are not hurled away to your death or anything, just hurled away)

Hell, it would be cool if they marked you somehow for the failed attempt, giving you some sort of slight debuff, or making you a target for Thrall hit squads, or something. 

Will infusion still switch elemental and will the damage still go up? 

Looks good, I have a feeling the popup will be a bit hard to read at the start in frantic mission, but something you get used to.

The grind seems to be on a reasonable level, at least your numbers don't seem to indicate an exponential and not logarithmic gain curve. 

Didn't care if the fail animation killed me, though the pace reduction for what feels like an hour when the animation played I did care about. 

Can we get a better breakdown of the infusion math.  Does a higher % increase the % of the other weapon? So if I have a 50% and a 40% would that make like a 60%?  Also is there a warning if you are already at the max % so you don't waste a weapon and so you don't have to check the wiki?

Why be all secretive about the new weapons, just tell us already.  Let us do some of the hype or speculation work for you by telling us the weapons.

Looks like steve relented on the back breaking, thank #*!%. They can still do it as a melee grapple, that's fine. It's not what I truly want, but it's a very, very good start indeed. About as much as can be expected in a couple weeks, really.

I just hope they'll turn the liches into something worthy of their potential, and don't just stop at bandaging the wound until it's functional enough not to warrant constant complaining. This gave me a sliver of hope.

33 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Your Kuva Lich will no longer kill you when you fail a Requiem guess, nor will they attempt to break your back. The Parazon stabbing animation will play but the UI will show whether it was a success or failure. Upon receiving a Requiem fail, your Kuva Lich will laugh at you and leave, leaving your back and dignity intact! There is no longer a failure loop here for the Requiem flow. 

I hope this doesn't mean you have completely removed the bane break because it was awesome! Perhaps make them do it when the Lich does damage equal to red crits or just a normal crit in general.

Archived