Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrying people without Railjack on RJ missions needs to stop

lukasystem

It's getting so much on my nerves that I have to go solo in order to avoid useless and wasteful players, using all my artillery munitions and battle avionics for no reason, and specially doing nothing at all and getting the exact loot that I've earned doing everything myself and considering all the time i've spent in getting the RJ i have today. Sometimes I might get some decent player with a brain for a change, but 8 out of 10 missions it's always one or two people standing in there just wasting resources and they go like "nono, i'm support, i'm cleaning the ship", which is really infuriating. I mean, they don't even have anything AW related past odonata/imperator (not that it matter anymore but still).

So basically: Make it so that in order to get into a Railjack mission you MUST have a  Railjack, PERIOD. Cut the crap about this "sympathy" for the ones without RJ, I don't want to see -10 rank players on Veil Proxima ffs.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, lukasystem said:

Make it so that in order to get into a Railjack mission you MUST have a  Railjack, PERIOD. Cut the crap about this "sympathy" for the ones without RJ, I don't want to see -10 rank players on Veil Proxima ffs.

But the noobs... they're so adorable, how could you reject them? just look at their smol Volts and mk-1 gear, squee!! :crylaugh: 

Image result for smol volt"

alright, jokes aside I can see why it would be annoying, easiest way to solve it would instead of just the host needing Intrinsics 7 or higher, EVERYONE should have Intrinsic 7 or higher. that will cut down on the newbies effectively.. and then you'll see plenty of complaints about how it's not "new player friendly" etc. right now though your best bet is to just use recruit chat to try and request players of a certain intrinsic or higher.

• Like 13

Angry, but justifiable! 

Ideally, if you have at least one dependable friend, this isn't a problem and in my case, I do have low level friends to carry through it. That's just a counterpoint.

I do think there needs to be some way of ensuring people are being productive crew members, I don't know how you'd achieve it without harming other players at the moment. Any ideas?

24 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

alright, jokes aside I can see why it would be annoying, easiest way to solve it would instead of just the host needing Intrinsics 7 or higher, EVERYONE should have Intrinsic 7 or higher. that will cut down on the newbies effectively.. and then you'll see plenty of complaints about how it's not "new player friendly" etc. right now though your best bet is to just use recruit chat to try and request players of a certain intrinsic or higher.

people can still lie because there is no way to check what other player's intrinsics are ingame

• Like 3

I feel you but if you have problems low ranks leeching a bit ..

ask clan member fi they want to play Railjack

or use the recruit chat and look for people with certain requirements..

But hey everybody started at the same point .. sometimes you leech because you have no knowledge / experience on that content ..

ofc there are people who are leeching on purpose and doing nothing .. but sometimes you find someone who has no experience but still want to learn that content..

and if that case is so .. teach them and tell them what to do ( nicely ) .. like new players are getting better and improving in the game cuz of us older players / veterans ..

• Like 5

If they do that they would need to lower the cost of the railjack assembly quest by quite a lot.  They obviously intended railjack to be co-op content for a group of friends rather than randoes.  That being said have you considered the recruitment channel, asking in your clan, or well ...seeking out friends?  I suppose they could add a performance metric by role and cut rewards for low rating or something.  Or disallow global play altogether and force people to socially interact before engaging in this content.  If you exclude afk players they will just add a looping jump macro or something to their hardware.

Edit** Now that I think about it, considering that railjacks are made in clan dojos, why isn't it locked to clan and friends only?  Heck I think launching a railjack mission should be only available from the clan dojo it was made at.

Edited by UghZug
adding stuff.

Herein lies the dilemma.

I collected a good portion of the materials to build my own ship random joining RJ missions. If the rules are changed so you cannot hot-join until you own a ship of your own, then the entry barrier just got raised.

Perhaps do a Sortie level check on it? When you start the RJ mission, if anyone in the squad do not meet the requirements, the game lets you know like how weapon specific Sorties go?

However, doing this means you can no longer help a buddy out.

• Like 2

I think railjack needs individual objectives to go along with the group objectives. Individual objectives might differ from player to player. Then, each player would not receive the reward for the group objective until they had also completed their individual objective.

Railjack could also have some kind of system for in-mission objective management (by the host, perhaps).

Given railjack is meant to be a cooperative experience, the game should be giving players tools to manage and factilitate their collaboration.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 3

Building the actual ship doesn't magically make you smart nor does it teach you anything about the content loop it's designed for.

Having the ship means nothing. It just means that if you're internet connection is good enough for 4 players, you have the option of hosting. That's literally it....

I don't blame players for their behavior. I blame the devs for not explaining things properly in-game and for making railjack a boring and tedious affair. If it was actually fun, people wouldn't screw around as much.

Why would a new player know not to waste ammo? Ammo has never been craftable or had a need for micromanagement in 7 years. Why would anyone be expected to know otherwise without the trial and error we all went through?

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

that will cut down on the newbies effectively.. and then you'll see plenty of complaints about how it's not "new player friendly" etc. right now though your best bet is to just use recruit chat to try and request players of a certain intrinsic or higher.

Screw the newbies, it's made for long time players so why must everything being new player friendly? Sortie requires level 30 warframe to play so why this is not allowed to have any requirement?

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, InsanityGeo said:

people can still lie because there is no way to check what other player's intrinsics are ingame

Sortie has this warning when someone doesn't bring level 30 warframe or weapons for sortie condition so no one can lie because the game will tell you

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, lukasystem a dit :

So basically: Make it so that in order to get into a Railjack mission you MUST have a  Railjack, PERIOD. Cut the crap about this "sympathy" for the ones without RJ, I don't want to see -10 rank players on Veil Proxima ffs.

This does not even solve the problem you are talking about, in what way would them having a railjack make them "better players" ? They will build their railjack,not use it, join a railjack mission, then the same problem happens. Your solution's S#&$, also this has always been a thing in literally every mission, except the waste of resources part which they should add an option for the host to chose whether he gives permission or not to let others use em, but then again, this is "COOP" right ? 

TD5PZ2o.gif

• Like 6

Even with a stacked RJ (max dmg/crit/critdmg/polar coil/blackhole etc) with hitscan mk3 zetki Pulsar people wont use my side turrets. Instead they abuse the AFK mechanic & sit on them. They'll never touch a crew ship or healing bubble, this happens in what feels like 75% of my anomaly runs. I bet 90% of them abused Ivara for intrinsic.

You'd think I could escape this by just queue'n into someone else's game, maybe the host will participate right? Nope. Trash players bring their MK1 turrets to the Veil.

Edited by Jeremyz0r

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

But the noobs... they're so adorable, how could you reject them? just look at their smol Volts and mk-1 gear, squee!! :crylaugh: 

Image result for smol volt"

to match make in the veil you need rank 7 intrinsics

34 minutes ago, Jeremyz0r said:

Even with a stacked RJ (max dmg/crit/critdmg/polar coil/blackhole etc) with hitscan mk3 zetki Pulsar people wont use my side turrets. Instead they abuse the AFK mechanic & sit on them. They'll never touch a crew ship or healing bubble, this happens in what feels like 75% of my anomaly runs. I bet 90% of them abused Ivara for intrinsic.

You'd think I could escape this by just queue'n into someone else's game, maybe the host will participate right? Nope. Trash players bring their Sigma turrets to the Veil.

off I had non mark III sigma's in the veil before (I have a ship but it is only just veil capable with sigma mark III and it does kill ships in the veil with little problem) I have not that many problems with leaches though the game needs a better AFK checks a bigger issue it the complexity and low UI quality when it comes to rail jack (one jack I was in did not have upgraded mods but it did have an upgraded grids).   

2 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

to match make in the veil you need rank 7 intrinsics

from the Starmap yes, but I was still able to do the Veil by being in a Railjack in a drydock when the host took it out to The Veil. I'm saying it should be made totally impossible for anyone with their highest intrinsics lower than 7 to enter the Veil in any way in an effort to weed out people who aren't prepared for it.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

from the Starmap yes, but I was still able to do the Veil by being in a Railjack in a drydock when the host took it out to The Veil. I'm saying it should be made totally impossible for anyone with their highest intrinsics lower than 7 to enter the Veil in any way in an effort to weed out people who aren't prepared for it.

so nix taxies then? that won't go over well

I've actually had several missions where outside of slingshotting myself into 2 crewships I had nothing of any actual import to do because the Pilot had Void Hole and nothing but crewships could actually damage the ship.

Much like the rest of Warframe a fully optimized Railjack barely even needs a crew, Void Hole the mobs and forward artillery the crewships and you have 3 other players left twiddling their thumbs as the Pilot blows everything up. I've even had crewships I slingshotted to blown up by the front cannon while I was flying at them

Even on Earth and Saturn you have the Seeker Volley spam which cleans house to the point where only Crewships are a threat, and again, frontal artillery means you don't need a boarding party, if anything all you need are a few people to kill ramsled teams from time to time.

So yeah, expect many more people to "not be doing anything" when aboard a super powerful Railjack because much like when you have a Sayrn or Equinox on a defense node, everything blows up faster than players can reach them.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Wait, this is a thing?  A player can join your crew with a basic odonata/imp, I get that, but they don't even have to meet the 7 intrinsic requirement?!  That is just stupid... People were complaining that the Ivara intrinsic farm was an exploit, well then what the hell is this as it seems way more exploitative.  I'm not usually one for saying content needs to be locked to a certain progression degree (especially MR since I refuse to actively grind it) but if the host has a 7 intrinsic req, everyone should have to meet that same req.  What a massive oversight... I also kind of agree with needing a ship of your own to do the content.  I did every single mission solo, using archwing, so there is no excuse for anyone to not be doing this.  Don't have the mods?  Go farm or pay up.  They've been in-game for years so there is no excuse... I hate archwing yet I still have every mod sans the range one, and every archgun mod worth using.  Its not hard if you just play the game