Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack side gun (scroll wheel selection)

Educated_Beast

I've seen a few threads of people complaining about guns and I can see why.  Not everyone enjoys the same gun / enjoys the same thing.  

If the ship owner has taken the time to build multiple guns, why not allow the Gunner to scroll through the selection of available guns on board.  This would allow two gunners to fire different  weapons simultaneously (depending on play style).

Now there would be an incentive for ship owner to build more than two guns and an incentive for players to jump in Gunner position.  If you want lasers, full auto, or ice gun, no problem, I have them all built.  Allow players to swap IN MISSION (using mouse scroll wheel for example) from short range to long range weapons depending on environment.  There would be a delay in weapon swap (and perhaps an avionics to speed this up if pilot like to swap long to short range quickly).  

Have a little description in Gunner seat what weapon is being used with it's bonus such as 25% damage M3 pulsar, 59% firerate M3 carcin., etc. as scroll through available weapons on seat.  

Also, give us a gun at rear of railjack.  It can be an expansion we have to build and pay for, some progression for players to show off ship.  We definately need more options for customization as well.   

EDIT - the same thing could be done for pilot to install multiple weapons in same slot that can be swapped in mission (same as we have primary, secondary, and melee).  At least two guns for pilot and unlimited in Gunner positions. 

Edited by Educated_Beast

15 hours ago, sitfesz said:

No, they should keep using my sigma apoc mk1 to feel incentivized to go out to blow crewships.

If this was implemented, anything could or could not be installed.  Knowing what your firing from a drop down list of available guns, would give the encouragement you want. 

But I think that's the wrong way to go about it, being able to mark an enemy and quickly address the crew that the railjack is pointing at a crewship would be a much better solution for coop play.  But there are plenty of issues with railjack, those are in different threads.

Being able to install and cycle through guns has no drawbacks and actually fits the theme of Warframe (primary, secondary, and melee).  Not to mention it appeals to the completionists and will keep them coming back to have a full aresenal.  

16 hours ago, sitfesz said:

No, they should keep using my sigma apoc mk1 to feel incentivized to go out to blow crewships.

Personally I wish I could remove the side weapons all together.   Void + Missiles is all I need for the fighters.    Better yet, I wish I could force load tenno into the barrel and shoot them at the crewship.

Edited by Chappie1975

1 hour ago, Chappie1975 said:

Personally I wish I could remove the side weapons all together.   Void + Missiles is all I need for the fighters.    Better yet, I wish I could force load tenno into the barrel and shoot them at the crewship.

I mean, just put them in the Tunguska and you keep a plamsa and/or particle proc up on the Crewship with anything but a Cryophon if you are that concerned.

10 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I mean, just put them in the Tunguska and you keep a plamsa and/or particle proc up on the Crewship with anything but a Cryophon if you are that concerned.

Depends on how will DE fix the hitboxes of crewship body/engines. If it's still not good enough, I just shoot all the dome charges after testing and keep it at 0.

The best thing would be an option to lock gunner seats and forward artillery seat as a captain. Those are currently just leech-seats on my ship.

14 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

Depends on how will DE fix the hitboxes of crewship body/engines. If it's still not good enough, I just shoot all the dome charges after testing and keep it at 0.

The best thing would be an option to lock gunner seats and forward artillery seat as a captain. Those are currently just leech-seats on my ship.

I'm not sure what needs to be tested. If you keep a proc on a crewship, it can be one shot with the cannon, all the way through veil.